Missing Malaysia Airlines jet carrying 239 triggers Southeast Asia search

webfact

terrorist attack is almost impossible. By now a group would brag about it.

The ID thefts using 2 EU passports were most likely put in place to distort the real purpose of the disappearanced aircraft. Like on 9/11 we found about a dozen suspects that were allegedly boarded living a happy life in the Middle

East and they are still alive.

Black op's highly possible. There were surely some figures in the aircraft that are of interest, more than the false Passport holders.

Let the govt spin-doctors of each nation involved tell us their story later.

I thought very hard with this particular point. And all I could come up with is that, if it is a terrorist attack, the only reason nobody has claimed responsibility is because the operation is ongoing. If that were to be the case it create scary, scary possibilities.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't flight recorders have a transmitter in them to aid recovery after an air crash?

Any comments?

Yes they are called black boxes.

Perhaps they are down into the Indian Ocean and unable to transmit.

I remember the case of that plane Air France from Brazil to France which got desintegrated in the air.

In that case, it was a problem of the speed sensor, not a terrorist attack.

Actually the black boxes are not , in themselves, transmitters, nor are they black. There are two types of boxes, the CVR (cockpit voice recorder) and the FDR (flight data recorder), Generally they are placed in seperate locations. The may have ELB's incorporated or attached to aid in recovery. There will also be ELB's in other areas, but In the event of a catasrophic failure, they may not survive.

i know ,they are usually bright yellow to make retrieval easier but still known as "black boxes "

they would need to be a hell of explosion to destroy not only 1 but BOTH of them

a crash into calm sea 50m deep is nothing compared to what these things are designed for

they normally survive flying into the side of a mountain made of solid stone and they are fireproof as well

Why do the authorities in Malaysia persist in not releasing the imagery they have on the suspects ? Mohammad Attah and his loser buddies were named and shamed rather quickly. Maybe the authorities have no idea who they are.

This time, it took TWO YEARSw00t.gif to locate the wreckage:

On June 1, 2009, Air France flight 447 was en route from Rio De Janeiro to Paris' Charles de Gaulle International Airport when communications ended suddenly from the Airbus A330, another state-of-the-art aircraft.

"One of the first things we had was a series of ACARS messages that showed failure of the aircraft and degradation of the systems," Quest said. "What we didn't know was why. We knew what had gone wrong; we knew how it had gone wrong; we didn't know why it had gone wrong."

It took four searches over the course of nearly two years to locate the bulk of flight 447's wreckage and the majority of the 228 bodies in a mountain range deep under the ocean. It took even longer to find the cause of the disaster.

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/03/08/world/asia/malaysia-airlines-jet-missing/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

This is getting murkier by the minute almost.

My suspicious half is getting a little more confident that this was a terrorist attack.

In which case, stolen passports DO get cancelled off the international border control system, so looks like there may have been a little 'assistance' to get through immigration.

All theory at the moment, but there are a lot of niggling doubts and questions related to this disappearance.

It may have been a hijacking attempt that went horribly wrong.

Don't burn me, I am just relating the feelings I am having from all the news bites so far... Not alluding to anything in particular.

May they all rest in peace. If in fact this was terrorism, then may those people responsible burn in hell!

Unfortunately, hell is a creation of human imagination...

Unfortunately....

terrorist attack is almost impossible. By now a group would brag about it.

The ID thefts using 2 EU passports were most likely put in place to distort the real purpose of the disappearanced aircraft. Like on 9/11 we found about a dozen suspects that were allegedly boarded living a happy life in the Middle

East and they are still alive.

Black op's highly possible. There were surely some figures in the aircraft that are of interest, more than the false Passport holders.

Let the govt spin-doctors of each nation involved tell us their story later.

I thought very hard with this particular point. And all I could come up with is that, if it is a terrorist attack, the only reason nobody has claimed responsibility is because the operation is ongoing. If that were to be the case it create scary, scary possibilities.

That thought had also crossed my mind. The whole point of terrorism is to cause terror. Why bring attention to your self and your cause? Much scarier not too.

This time, it took TWO YEARSw00t.gif to locate the wreckage:

On June 1, 2009, Air France flight 447 was en route from Rio De Janeiro to Paris' Charles de Gaulle International Airport when communications ended suddenly from the Airbus A330, another state-of-the-art aircraft.

"One of the first things we had was a series of ACARS messages that showed failure of the aircraft and degradation of the systems," Quest said. "What we didn't know was why. We knew what had gone wrong; we knew how it had gone wrong; we didn't know why it had gone wrong."

It took four searches over the course of nearly two years to locate the bulk of flight 447's wreckage and the majority of the 228 bodies in a mountain range deep under the ocean. It took even longer to find the cause of the disaster.

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/03/08/world/asia/malaysia-airlines-jet-missing/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

"mountain range deep under the ocean " thats not the case here in relatively shallow water

"series of warning messages showing failure " thats not the case here either ,no messages from the flight crew

or any of the automated warning systems

Has the plane been highjacked and flown to an undisclosed location awaiting contact and ransom ? just a theory.

I had the same thoughts, in the last few seconds of info, the plane changed direction.

I doubt it's for ransom, if they hijacked the plane then they probably killed all the passengers - it's more likely they were after the plane.

Could someone explain why the point of last contact of the plane was at a position some 500km from origin, KL, 2 hours, or one third of the usual flying time (6 hours) on a 4,500 km flight? Did the plane take off one and a half hours late? If not, why are they not looking around Hainan island?

The two Canadian passengers on a missing Malaysia Airways flight from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing have been identified as Muktesh Mukherjee, 42, and, Xiaomo Bai, 37.

The married couple had been living in Beijing. According to Bai's Facebook page, the couple has two children and had been on vacation in Vietnam. Photos show the couple at a resort in Vietnam dated as recently as March 5.

CBC News Posted: Mar 08, 2014 1:12 PM ET Last Updated: Mar 08, 2014 10:31 PM ET

muktesh-mukherjee-and-xiaomo-bai.jpg

The two Canadians listed as passengers on a missing Malaysia Airlines flight from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing are former Montreal resident Muktesh Mukherjee, 42, and his wife, Xiaomo Bai, 37. (Facebook)

AUSTRALIA SENDS TWO RAAF RESCUE AIRCRAFT & TEAMS TO FIND MISSING PLANE ...

The Australian government ...On behalf of Australia, I offered two RAAF P-3C maritime surveillance aircraft to help with the search for the missing aircraft.

Prime Minister Najib has accepted this offer.

The first Orion will depart for the search area this evening from Darwin. A second P-3C will be dispatched as soon as possible.

The P-3C Orion is a long-range maritime surveillance aircraft ideally suited to this task.

On behalf of Australia, I again offer my deepest sympathies to the families of the passengers and crew on board the Malaysian Airlines flight.

Has the plane been highjacked and flown to an undisclosed location awaiting contact and ransom ? just a theory.

I had the same thoughts, in the last few seconds of info, the plane changed direction.

I doubt it's for ransom, if they hijacked the plane then they probably killed all the passengers - it's more likely they were after the plane.

Like a new generation of copper thieves ? Stealing a plane and selling it to a scrapyard ?

You would think that the Thai navy would have some kind of presence in the Gulf of Thailand, but heard nothing of them yet. Lots of other countries are helping the search in the area.

This didn't happen in the Gulf of Thailand - it happened off the coast of Malaysia, apparently not too far from Vietnam.

Wrong sea, chum. Miles away around the coast of Singapore and back north again ...

Wrong mate, anything off the east coast of Malaysia is classified as the Gulf of Thailand.

No, the demarcation line that separates the Gulf of Thailand from the South China Sea, runs roughly from the southernmost tip of Vietnam to a point on the Malaysian coast just slightly west of the border with Thailand. East of that line is the Gulf of Thailand, and west of that line is the South China Sea.

post-6341-0-49940600-1394365326_thumb.pn

You would think that the Thai navy would have some kind of presence in the Gulf of Thailand, but heard nothing of them yet. Lots of other countries are helping the search in the area.

This didn't happen in the Gulf of Thailand - it happened off the coast of Malaysia, apparently not too far from Vietnam.

Wrong sea, chum. Miles away around the coast of Singapore and back north again ...

Wrong mate, anything off the east coast of Malaysia is classified as the Gulf of Thailand.

No, the demarcation line that separates the Gulf of Thailand from the South China Sea, runs roughly from the southernmost tip of Vietnam to a point on the Malaysian coast just slightly west of the border with Thailand. East of that line is the Gulf of Thailand, and west of that line is the South China Sea.

Well if that is the case I have been reading maps standing on my head for years. and flightradar24 puts the location just to the northeast of the line...so definitely gulf of thailand though it may have fallen east of the line if you must be pedantic The official line goes to the mouth of the river in KotaBaru

This is correct:

The demarcation line that separates the Gulf of Thailand from the South China Sea, runs roughly from the southernmost

tip of Vietnam to a point on the Malaysian coast just slightly west of the border with Thailand. West of that line is

the Gulf of Thailand, and east of that line is the South China Sea.

Actually reading maps upside down is informative

Try google:upside down map of the world!!

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Just because they were stolen doesnt mean the travelers were terrorists," a Department of Homeland Security official said. "They could have been nothing more than thieves. Or they could have simply bought the passports on the black market."

True but the chances of both(four) thieves being on the same flight at the same time would be astronomical, surely

Could just be a pair of shady guys traveling together who bought stolen passports.

The other two suspects have been confirmed as people who booked flights but didn't board, happens all the time.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/mar/09/malaysia-airlines-missing-plane-investigation-widens-live

The Guardians Tania Branigan has more detail on the movements of the two suspect passengers who boarded the missing plane using stolen passports.

Both passengers used Thai bhat to purchase their travel tickets on 6 March, a day before the flight took off from Kuala Lumpur destined for Beijing.

The pair, who booked tickets with consecutive numbers, were due to fly to Beijing, then wait for around 10 hours before flying to Amsterdam. Once they arrived in Amsterdam, one of the passengers was due to travel on to Frankfurt and the other to Copenhagen.

I suspect the Frankfurt and Copenhagen is speculation, otherwise how would they know this?

Got this going around now

https://twitter.com/yierzhou/status/442520582102327296/photo/1

And this as reference

http://info.flightmapper.net/route/YY_KUL_PEK

DIRECT CODESHARE FLIGHTS: Mon-Wed,Sat 00:25 Kuala Lumpur (KUL) M 06:35 Capital, Beijing (PEK) 3
China Southern CZ 748 Non-stop Boeing 777-200 (772) 6:10 Effective 2014-03-31 through 2014-10-25
Codeshare flight, operated by Malaysia Airlines.(MH 370) Mon-Wed,Sat 00:35 Kuala Lumpur (KUL) M 06:30 Capital, Beijing (PEK) 3
China Southern CZ 748 Non-stop Boeing 777-200 (772) 5:55 Effective 2014-01-18 through 2014-02-24
Codeshare flight, operated by Malaysia Airlines.(MH 370)

Could someone explain why the point of last contact of the plane was at a position some 500km from origin, KL, 2 hours, or one third of the usual flying time (6 hours) on a 4,500 km flight? Did the plane take off one and a half hours late? If not, why are they not looking around Hainan island?

Might it be that it had turned back?

This is correct:

The demarcation line that separates the Gulf of Thailand from the South China Sea, runs roughly from the southernmost

tip of Vietnam to a point on the Malaysian coast just slightly west of the border with Thailand. West of that line is

the Gulf of Thailand, and east of that line is the South China Sea.

Actually reading maps upside down is informative

Try google:upside down map of the world!!

from the quote by Greer

East of that line is the Gulf of Thailand, and west of that line is the South China Sea.

Maybe he and you have been reading too much Kipling....all that East is east and West is west stuff.

got to remember which side of the line the sun gets up. to know which side of the line is East or West.

They are saying it turned around as if it was returning to original departure airport.

Royal Thai Navy Spokesman: suspected Malaysia Airlines MH 370 debris found off Vietnam coast

By English News

13943626291631-640x390x2.jpg

BANGKOK, March 9 - A Royal Thai Navy spokesman on Sunday announced that debris from Malaysia Airlines MH 370 had been located 153 nautical miles off the Vietnamese coast.

Navy spokesman Rear Admiral Karn Dee-ubol gave an update on the case where the MH370 had disappeared with 239 persons on board on Saturday morning on its way from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing.

The Vietnamese Navy has not yet asked for assistance from the Royal Thai Navy, he said. Nonetheless, the Royal Thai Navy has ordered the Second Naval Area Command to prepare three royal vessels -- HTMS Tapi, HTMS Songkhla, and HTMS Satthahip -- and one Dornier turboprop in case aid is required.

Meanwhile, a rumour indicating the plane fell into Thai seas was only an assumption, the Rear Admiral said. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2014-03-09

latest news...

Malaysian Airlines now giving a public update ....

Official basically indicated that there was no new news on locating the missing aircraft.

Official was asked by Reuters ... Who is Malaysian airlines insurance company , Malaysian airlines official responded that this will be indicated at a later date.

Malaysian airlines official was very vague on answering any questions asked by reporters from all agencies.

The debris found in the ocean was not that from the aircraft.

AUSTRALIA SENDS TWO RAAF RESCUE AIRCRAFT & TEAMS TO FIND MISSING PLANE ...

The Australian government ...On behalf of Australia, I offered two RAAF P-3C maritime surveillance aircraft to help with the search for the missing aircraft.

Prime Minister Najib has accepted this offer.

The first Orion will depart for the search area this evening from Darwin. A second P-3C will be dispatched as soon as possible.

The P-3C Orion is a long-range maritime surveillance aircraft ideally suited to this task.

On behalf of Australia, I again offer my deepest sympathies to the families of the passengers and crew on board the Malaysian Airlines flight.

The RAAF's no 19 squadron has P-3c's at RMAF Butterworth on a full time basis. A short flight into the Gulf Of Thailand. Why would they be deploying from Darwin ?

Archived