[[Template core/global/global/includeCSS is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]] Jump to content
Forum upgrade in progress! ×

Missing Malaysia Airlines jet carrying 239 triggers Southeast Asia search

webfact

Why would Terrorists use European passports? Doesn't make any sense. To get caught using fake ID's?

The plane seems to have disappeared.Please read the history and see the canceled flights.

This specific plane was 11.8 years old and had a clean safety record.

http://www.theepocht...d-by-officials/

But the truth is:

http://pic.feeyo.com...69/5691311.html

And their flight history. Please see the canceled flight a day before.

http://www.flightrad...irplanes/9m-mro

If that flight was cancelled how did it manage to return the next day from somewhere you state it never got to?

That's as crazy as the whole story. Regarding the flight history, the flight on the 6th of March from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing was canceled.

But the next day flight from Beijing back on the 7th of March is listed. Confusion pure.-

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Link to what appears to be a photo shopped fake website, and comments, removed.

In the event the link proves to be true, it can be reinstated.

This is a very serious thread with a possibility of multiple losses of innocent lives, please show some respect.

Tickets on the stolen passports were -according to receipts- both purchased from an agent in PYX. That's Pattaya....

Well, that italian guy said his passport was stolen in Thailand. He heard the news of his name in TV and inmediately called his family and the Italian embassy to assure he was safe and sound. That's strange there had been no claim of responsability by any terrorist group so far.

Yeah, yeah, yeah... terrorists terrorists everywhere!!!

Why no one mentions anymore the complaint about that wing that was defective which was mentioned yesterday morning.

It could just have been a mechanical accident with the wing that brakes off and at a cruising altitude that would have nearly instantly decomposed the plane in mid-air... Difficult to have time to contact anyone with the speed such accident could have happened. And also difficult to find plane parts...

Anyway, Rip to all the passengers.

we are just speculating, you know...

So far in the passengers list there have been found 4 or 5 names of people who are safe and sound and whose passport had been stolen.

That's enough suspicious to lead toward the hypothesis of terrorism. Perhaps we are wrong. But it would be a weird coincidence.

You might be right, I might be wrong... True that it's a strange coincidence but still... there are a lot of fake passports outside and not all can be detected and this might be absolutely not related at all.

I am just wondering about this image which is supposed to be the wing of the plane a few hours before take off that nobody talks about anymore:

http://pic.feeyo.com/posts/569/5691311.html

On the other hand, I am also wondering how anyone would have let a plane take of with a wing like this (if it's not a fake pic)?

I am just saying that the terrorist option sounds like pretty much already a conclusion for many posters.

Cheers

The photo you're referring to was an accident before and the wing had been fixed.

Do you really think you could take off with such a damaged wing?

Two things:

1. AFP reported earlier today, quoting Vietnamese military, that when they got to the scene of the oil slicks that had been reported, they found oil but NO wreckage.

2. I can't find anything in English news sources at present that backs up the prior post here that had unidentified Vietnamese sources saying the plane had landed on an island somewhere. Zero about that.

When AF plane went down

"One of the first things we had was a series of ACARS messages that showed failure of the aircraft and degradation of the systems," CNN

I think MAS have a lot of explaining to do

Does anyone know what this means?

ACARS is an automated system relaying system data on aircraft performance back to base, for it to stop along with traditional radios and transponders the immediate thought would be an electrical failure.

Wasn't it the 777 that had the battery issues a year or so ago? If the batteries had cooked and burned, this could cause a system wide electrical failure that would explain this. And I don't know if the APU or emergency RAT could work to supply systems under these conditions.

New possible sighting of debris at sea as China sends warships to join search for missing Malaysian Airlines flight

http://www.scmp.com/news/china/article/1444179/new-possible-sighting-debris-sea-china-sends-warships-join-search-missing

6aca1bebjw1ee97m3krz1j20xc18gtdf.jpg?ito
photo;South China Morning Post

The photo sure looks like debris floating on the water to me. Obviously closer inspection by the China Navy will confirm either way.

If you look at the full photo, the image was taken from the lower right of a plane window with significant zoom, and the light brownish and blueish tone background in the image is light reflected from inside of the cabin. The entire image including the inside window rim are slightly reddish from the camera's white balance setting. If the background light is from the cabin then the outside must be dark.

Thus the image could show lights on the ground. Note all the dots are either slightly red toned or white, the white could he halogen fishing lamps, or possibly the mix of reddish/whitish tones is a mix of fluorescent and incandescent lights. Note also there are small clumps of 3 and 4 spots in a row in some places.

I think this might be a small island or fishing village from 5,000 - 10,000 meters, maybe there are boats floating on reefs of of such an island. It sure does not look like random debris from a broken up plane.

Now that I look at this, I think I recognise the scene. I fly quite often to HKG and ICN. On that route, you pass across the coast of Vietnam near Danang. This looks exactly like the Vietnamese greenhouses that you see in the hills of that area. This isn't even over water. What you are probably seeing is the rooftops of those greenhouses, hugging the hills, or the lights they use at night. That's why they all appear to be about the same size and have the same reflectivity.

Latest confirmed reports from thegardian.com

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/mar/09/malaysia-airlines-missing-plane-investigation-widens-live

Developments so far

Before I hand over to my colleagues in London, here are the latest developments on missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370, still not found more than 24 hours after it went missing near Vietnamese airspace over the South China Sea:

No wreckage has been found of the Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 which went missing early on Saturday morning.

The U.S. Navys 7th fleet has arrived at the last known location of the missing flight to help with search-and-rescue efforts, joining a widened multinational search.

A Malaysian search-and-rescue plane has reportedly spotted oil slicks about 20 nautical miles south of flight MH370s last point of contact.

Malaysia Airlines has confirmed that the aeroplane appeared to have turned back towards Kuala Lumpur before it disappeared from radar screens.

Two of the passengers are confirmed to have been travelling on stolen passports. There is some confusion over just how many passengers are being investigated by Malaysian authorities. While Malaysias transport minister early suggested they were looking at four people, AP says the civil aviation chief later mentioned only two.

Tickets on the stolen passports were -according to receipts- both purchased from an agent in PYX. That's Pattaya....

Well, that italian guy said his passport was stolen in Thailand. He heard the news of his name in TV and inmediately called his family and the Italian embassy to assure he was safe and sound. That's strange there had been no claim of responsability by any terrorist group so far.

Why no one mentions anymore the complaint about that wing that was defective which was mentioned yesterday morning.

It could just have been a mechanical accident with the wing that brakes off and at a cruising altitude that would have nearly instantly decomposed the plane in mid-air... Difficult to have time to contact anyone with the speed such accident could have happened. And also difficult to find plane parts...

So far in the passengers list there have been found 4 or 5 names of people who are safe and sound and whose passport had been stolen.

That's enough suspicious to lead toward the hypothesis of terrorism. Perhaps we are wrong. But it would be a weird coincidence.

You might be right, I might be wrong... True that it's a strange coincidence but still... there are a lot of fake passports outside and not all can be detected and this might be absolutely not related at all.

I am just wondering about this image which is supposed to be the wing of the plane a few hours before take off that nobody talks about anymore:

On the other hand, I am also wondering how anyone would have let a plane take of with a wing like this (if it's not a fake pic)?

I am just saying that the terrorist option sounds like pretty much already a conclusion for many posters.

Cheers

The photo you're referring to was an accident before and the wing had been fixed.

[原创]东航 马航碰擦之受伤的马航  2012-08-10 21:51:05.0

Do you really think you could take off with such a damaged wing?

no i did not of course. But the fix might not be done properly.

When AF plane went down

"One of the first things we had was a series of ACARS messages that showed failure of the aircraft and degradation of the systems," CNN

In addition to carrying UHF and VHF radios, the planes -- which cost more than $250 million apiece -- planes are

equipped with Aircraft Communications and Reporting System technology. Embedded in the plane's computers, it tells the

airline how the aircraft is performing -- speed, fuel, thrust. "If anything fails, it will send a signal

If you said so it must be true!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/US_Airways_Flight_1549

Is what true? Your a man of few words wink.png

But if by your link you mean to show it is possible to ditch

a commercial airliner safely on a body of water you will need a better link/example

Instead you are asking to compare the safe ditching of a low & slow aircraft

( 3 minutes into flight @ highest elevation of 3000', speed 185 knots increasing to 210 during decent

onto a calm body of water ...the Hudson river)

To a flight that is at 35,000' elevation & if ditching would be ditching into open seas

with swells/chop of who knows how tall? What kind of speed you suppose they would have attained

dropping from 35,000' in an emergency?

Anything is possible but likely is another story. All I was saying is unlikely

to fall from 35,000' safely into an open ocean.

Even the example you cited was called it the

"Miracle on the Hudson"

"It was described by NTSB board member Kitty Higgins as "the most successful ditching in aviation history."

So they seem to agree what you cited was a miracle & the most successful in history.

But in a much less altitude/airspeed/type of water landing. So not a great comparison if that was your intent

At the end of the day lets just hope there is a miracle & all these folks are safely back on the ground. That

would be Great!

Now this is also interesting due to the location being 180 degrees out of

the flight path....

"UPDATE [8.30am]: Bernama reports the Department of Civil Aviation will extend the search and rescue operation to the Straits of Malacca, Malaysian authorities are now awaiting the latest satellite imagery for any signs of wreckage from flight MH370."

Source...http://my.news.yahoo.com/mas-aircraft-goes-missing--says-airline-023820132.html

180 degrees out of flight path would put it right back into the flight path..... :-)

Sorry.....I'll get my coat....

lol, HEADING HOME AGAIN.

Geeeeez, Sunshine, ya neva seen a compass.

Lets say you are traveling a course of 000 degrees (N) Ok.

Now you decide for some reason to travel 180 degrees out

of your original heading....this puts you going on a heading

of 180 degrees (S). The Straits of Malacca are quite lengthy

and are also about opposite the heading of MH 370...or nearly

180 degrees opposite the aircrafts heading. Yeah...I've seen

& used many a compass. Ain't ever gotten lost yet. Perhaps I

should have stated "reciprocal" for y'all instead of 180. But the

fact remains that the search pattern has been extended in the

opposite direction of the aircrafts heading at the time contact

was lost.

When AF plane went down

ACARS is an automated system relaying system data on aircraft performance back to base, for it to stop along with traditional radios and transponders the immediate thought would be an electrical failure.

Wasn't it the 777 that had the battery issues a year or so ago? If the batteries had cooked and burned, this could cause a system wide electrical failure that would explain this. And I don't know if the APU or emergency RAT could work to supply systems under these conditions.

Is ACARS on all 777's or is it optional for the airline?

When AF plane went down

It was the new Dreamliner Boeing 787 that had and still has battery issues. Very different batteries on the 777

Cheers

That picture was taken in 2012, than the old post was somehow reopened in order to speculate about this plane crash.

I don't think anywhere in the world, not even in Burundi, an airplane with a broken wing would be allowed to take off.I mean, I wouldn't even take off, it would crash almost at once.

And, if it was the case, as a passenger, I would run out before.

That pic, as noted on the linked site, is from Aug 2012. The aircraft had just had an inspection 10 days prior to this incident.

Just because they were stolen doesn’t mean the travelers were terrorists," a Department of Homeland Security official said. "They could have been nothing more than thieves. Or they could have simply bought the passports on the black market."

True but the chances of both(four) thieves being on the same flight at the same time would be astronomical, surely

Why would Terrorists use European passports? Doesn't make any sense. To get caught using fake ID's?

The plane seems to have disappeared.Please read the history and see the canceled flights.

But the truth is:

If that flight was cancelled how did it manage to return the next day from somewhere you state it never got to?

That's as crazy as the whole story. Regarding the flight history, the flight on the 6th of March from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing was canceled.

But the next day flight from Beijing back on the 7th of March is listed. Confusion pure.-

They can use a different plane for the same flight number. You don't necessary need to use the same plane. It might be possible the first flight was cancelled ,but at Beijing MAS used another airplane for the flight back to KL.

https://www.facebook.com/luigi.maramaraldi?fref=ts

this is the Italian whose passport was stolen in 2012.. (just now he is Thailand for holidays)...

not exacty a face that could be used by an Uyghur..

Ethnic Uighurs look like ur average swarthy Mediterranean.

No way an Uighur looks like the guy in this picture

He looks very Caucasian. Uighur at most can resemble Turks.

And what do you think Turks look like?,,they aren't all walking around in tight jeans covering themselves in olive oil and wrestling while wearing a fez.

Immigration wouldn't jump up and down at a well dressed English speaking uighur posing as an italian. I lived in Xinjiang for a year. There are red haired, freckled people up there believe it or not.

this is the Italian whose passport was stolen in 2012.. (just now he is Thailand for holidays)...

And what do you think Turks look like?,,they aren't all walking around in tight jeans covering themselves in olive oil and wrestling while wearing a fez.

Immigration wouldn't jump up and down at a well dressed English speaking uighur posing as an italian. I lived in Xinjiang for a year. There are red haired, freckled people up there believe it or not.

Turks in Turkey have been mixing for centuries, so there is more "variety" than in Xinjang. There is no way a Uighur in Xinjang can look like that guy in the picture. Yes there are blondes, but not with these caucasian features. I never seen an Uighur similar to that guy.

But an Iranian or even a Afghani might be. They are mixed with Caucasians since the time of Alexander The Great.

When AF plane went down

That was/is the Boeing 787 Dreamliner.

But the truth is:

They can use a different plane for the same flight number. You don't necessary need to use the same plane. It might be possible the first flight was cancelled ,but at Beijing MAS used another airplane for the flight back to KL.

But unfortunately the flight was canceled. For what reason???? After the cancellation, there was only one more flight before...aeeh...hhmmmmm

The stolen passports could mean something but mean completely nothing. Malaysia lets anyone cross their borders with few questions. Kuala Lumpur is a human trafficking hub. Who knows what these guys were involved in.

Then again, they might have been Iranian terrorists. Didn't the Iranian terrorists who blew off their own legs in Bangkok spend time in Pattaya before their failed mission?

Can you back the human trafficking part?

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa app

Turks in Turkey have been mixing for centuries, so there is more "variety" than in Xinjang. There is no way a Uighur in Xinjang can look like that guy in the picture.

But an Iranian or even Afghani might be. They are mixed with Caucasians since the time of Alexander The Great.

Oh for Pete's sake. There are people who ate from deepest darkest parts of the world to Eskimos who hold passports all over the world.

Least of all for example my kids who are thai but have blondish hair. Arguing that a uighur Couldn't pass for a Mediterranean is pointless but more than possible. All they have to do is get through. Thats all.

They aren't running for patliament.

Actually if you have ever seen this nationality it's easily possible they would pass for westerners. I have seen uyghers with blond hair and green eyes.

The face features , the lines, are different, even if they are blonde, they look with the typical Mongolian features.

Moreover, ok, let's say they found some Uighurs with an European looking face, but they should look like the guys in the stolen passports.

For example I am European and I am blonde with blue eyes, but I couldn't use that passport, because I clearly don't look like that Italian from Cesena.

Unless, they have changed the pictures in the documents.

But the question is : wouldn t have been easier to use stolen chinese/asians passports ?

So the Italian and Austrian stolen passport holders board a flight with a connection in Beijing to Europe. Maybe it would be possible to get past immigration with that in KUL. But I don't think it would be so easy to enter any European country using stolen European passports.

Looks to me like they never intended to reach their destination.

scenario often used,

A person is arrested an jailed, He than escapes and gets a fake passport. He than uses his stolen passport he brought to buy a ticket to another country. He than smuggles himself into a 2nd country, In the country he goes to his embassy which will issue him a NEW good passport.

In flight he destroys the stolen passport an arrives at his final destination with his new real passport.

OK arrested./jailed in Thailand.

Buys stolen passport in Bangkok, buys a ticket from KL- Amsterdam via Bejing,

travels to Malaysia, gets into Malaysia via land border, applies for and gets new real passport, passes malay immigration with stolen passport , destroys stolen passport on board arrives in Amsterdam with valid passport

flys out at KL

Or just buys stolen passport for whatever reason in Bangkok an .....

Does not need be a terrorists.

Still does not explain where the pane went but can be used to rule out terrorism.

Oh for Pete's sake. There are people who ate from deepest darkest parts of the world to Eskimos who hold passports all over the world.

Least of all for example my kids who are thai but have blondish hair. Arguing that a uighur Couldn't pass for a Mediterranean is pointless but more than possible. All they have to do is get through. Thats all.

They aren't running for patliament.

these guys are not the typical mediterraneans. They look both very caucasians, they look more Scandinavians than Mediterranean actually

But they could have changed the passport photographs.

Anyway,In the European passports there are the names of the parents too, so it is easy to check they weren't 50% mixed.

An Italian with both italian parents and an austrian with both austrian parents.

I bet if it was a US or European Inmigration instead Malaysia, they would have been caught on the spot.

When AF plane went down

It was the new Dreamliner Boeing 787 that had and still has battery issues. Very different batteries on the 777

Thanks, very happy to be corrected. :-)

Archived