Missing Malaysia Airlines jet carrying 239 triggers Southeast Asia search

webfact

RT@vaitor Map: These are the two new possible corridors to find missing MH370 with the current available information - pic.twitter.com/TmBUinPMxZ

xBiwDShwCQAE3Ob1.jpg.pagespeed.ic.L2U9c1

The south looks like a watery death to me. I am going to vote for the northern area.

On a side note, why has the western area been excluded ?? Does Malaysia Airlines know

something they are not telling ??

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You have thousands of islands there ...in the south.

I really think people shuld stop thinking the hijackers would fly over paki, and indian boarders, two nuclear nations would not let a un identified object pass there..that also means china who also have nuclear bombs

RT@vaitor Map: These are the two new possible corridors to find missing MH370 with the current available information - pic.twitter.com/TmBUinPMxZ

The south looks like a watery death to me. I am going to vote for the northern area.

On a side note, why has the western area been excluded ?? Does Malaysia Airlines know

Having read the last few pages of this thread, I think the cargo is the key to this disappearance. Something on board has an immense value to someone or some government but I doubt it was a nuclear weapon of any sort (much easier to acquire those sort of things from the former Soviet republics). The Malaysian government and other agencies have been too evasive on hard information over the past week.

Their ever changing news briefs make it very suspicious and the general silence from the US agencies are also rather telling. Don't take this as an anti American tirade but usually the three letter agencies would be all over this investigation, in the forefront regardless of if they're wanted there or not.

The only thing I understand from the past week's events is that I wouldn't expect a truthful statement to ever be made regarding this issue.

I think because India/Sri Lanka would have picked up MH370 on radar if it had gone deeper into the Bay of Bengal, and Diego Garcia if further West into the Indian Ocean .. that's only a guess

However, it now seems that MH370 had enough fuel for Beijing +2.5 hours, but flying at lower altitude increases consumption. IF the red ovals in the diagram are correct, then looking to the hight North and Deep south would suggest that it had, or acquired, even more fuel

Edited by Bocking

I think because India/Sri Lanka would have picked up MH370 on radar if it had gone deeper into the Bay of Bengal, and Diego Garcia if further West into the Indian Ocean .. that's only a guess

However, it now seems that MH370 had enough fuel for Beijing +2.5 hours, but flying at lower altitude increases consumption. IF the red ovals in the diagram are correct, then looking to the hight North and Deep south would suggest that it had, or acquired, even more fuel

My thinking is it was because those red areas represent the satellite footprints (the satellites that were receiving the pings) therefore they are able to narrow the areas down to those two large shaded areas

I completly agree. Its so many places in the indian ocean no human from our civilisation today has viist. You probl find aborignals as best. Such as Diego Garcia had the earliest african/asian population but they ship all to Madagascar ..to make a militarybase..most probl more islands of same senarios in these areas.

And everything south of Maldives, US Navy has a strong gribb, they dont let people near these areas...they will send out a boat or treath to shoot or kill even fishermens if they are close to Diego Garcia

Its a joke in this day and age that passengers are allowed to board with stolen passports and passenger jets can fly around without any indentification.

Its a joke I had to take my belt off for years.

What exactly can I smuggle in my belt that the metal detector won't find...

To get a Ping off the aircraft must it be moving ? Flying ? in the Air ?

me back to the same thing again, landed at a old Military air strip, believe there are many, some now in private hands, kept the engines running until all passenger were transferred off and maybe cargo before being shut down.... end Ping.....

Anyone anywhere been buying a lot of extra food and water over the past few weeks ?

I am assuming that the satellite comms works like cell phones, always looking for the strongest signal then just pings the satellite to register to it.

If the satellite was in low earth orbit then they should have been able to have a very clear idea down to a hundred miles or so of location.

Edit in, A bit of research, seems Imarsat operate geostationary satellites, so pinning down the location near impossible.

Was only one satellite pinged?

The valuable cargo is the 20 employees of that US software co imo.

Valuable cargo like diamonds/state secrets etc wouldnt be transported on a passenger jet i would imagine.

Sent from my LG-P970 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I agree.

However not sure if everyone knows . US, UK maybee dont even know all the possible landing and bases they created for WW 2. With right organisation, money, time i am sure some people could have made a own 10 000 foot landing strip if this was a planned hijacking. LTTE "Tamil terrorists" is well known for even succefully made submarines, attack airplanes that was better than even WW 2 standards from both Thailand and at hidden islands.

Enough money and a good secret organisation could do and plan it for sure.

Seems pretty simple. Instead of wasting time looking in the ocean, it is really a research project.

With the simple question, what island in the Indian Ocean has a deserted 10,000 foot landing strip.

Latest report from Malaysia was that the last ping was received after the plane had been

in the air for 8 hours. I believe that is a longer time period than what the plane had been fueled

for. So clearly it has landed, refueled, and taken off again. With the plane fully refueled

somewhere in the Indian Ocean, the search area would be so large as to unsearchable...

The don't need a runway. A long, flat piece of road would suffice.

Seems pretty simple. Instead of wasting time looking in the ocean, it is really a research project.

With the simple question, what island in the Indian Ocean has a deserted 10,000 foot landing strip.

Latest report from Malaysia was that the last ping was received after the plane had been

in the air for 8 hours. I believe that is a longer time period than what the plane had been fueled

for. So clearly it has landed, refueled, and taken off again. With the plane fully refueled

somewhere in the Indian Ocean, the search area would be so large as to unsearchable...

I quoted before that the flight might have landed at Great Coco Island. It's has an airport and long airstrip, though it doesn't need a very long runway. This island surprisingly is leased to China by the Myanmar since 1994 (both deny any agreements were made). In the past, this was a penal colony. Could they have disembarked the passengers and kept them there? Then perhaps refueled and flew on with what they needed? There is still hope, fingers crossed!

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Rwy length 4225' Not a cat in hells chance.

Its a joke in this day and age that passengers are allowed to board with stolen passports and passenger jets can fly around without any indentification.

A strip of explosive

I completly agree. Its so many places in the indian ocean no human from our civilisation today has viist. You probl find aborignals as best. Such as Diego Garcia had the earliest african/asian population but they ship all to Madagascar ..to make a militarybase..most probl more islands of same senarios in these areas.

And everything south of Maldives, US Navy has a strong gribb, they dont let people near these areas...they will send out a boat or treath to shoot or kill even fishermens if they are close to Diego Garcia

To me, only one of these corridors seems logical.

China supposedly established a SIGINT intelligence gathering station on Great Coco Island in 1992 to monitor Indian naval activity in the Andaman and Nicobar Islands.[3] The station is also said to allow China to monitor the movement of other navies and ships throughout the eastern Indian Ocean, especially in the crucial point in shipping routes between the Bay of Bengal and the Strait of Malacca.[3] It may also be used to monitor activities at the launch site of the Indian Space Research Organization at Sriharikota and the Defence Research and Development Organization at Chandipur-on-sea. The Chinese Army is also building a maritime base on Little Coco Island.[5]

Existence of the Chinese base has been questioned.[4] In 1998, the U.S. stated that it had not detected any significant Chinese activity in Burma.[6] India’s Chief of Naval Staff is quoted as saying in October 2005 that India had “firm information that there is no listening post, radar or surveillance station belonging to the Chinese on Coco Islands.”[4][7] In 2014, Air Marshal P.K. Roy, Commander-in-Chief of India's Andaman and Nicobar Command stated that "China has been developing a runway for civilian purposes. There are no reports of presence of Chinese per se. The situation is not alarming." He added that there was only some civilian infrastructural developments which was not a threat to India.[8]

Newly and fresh runway! If all the activities of the Chinese have been questioned, why build a runway in 2014? They are there since what 1992? So there must be something really going on this island but no one can confirm!

Your belt had to come off because of the metal in the buckle, not because they though you had something in it.

Set detector off, walk back through, take off belt.

Walk through detector again without belt to see if you have some other metal object.

It WAS hijacked: Malaysian official says it's CONCLUSIVE jet carrying 239 was seized by individual or group 'with significant flying experience' as PM admits tracking was 'deliberately' disabled

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/711115-disappearance-of-malaysian-jet-appears-deliberate-pm/

I quoted before that the flight might have landed at Great Coco Island. It's has an airport and long airstrip, though it doesn't need a very long runway. This island surprisingly is leased to China by the Myanmar since 1994 (both deny any agreements were made). In the past, this was a penal colony. Could they have disembarked the passengers and kept them there? Then perhaps refueled and flew on with what they needed? There is still hope, fingers crossed!

Rwy length 4225' Not a cat in hells chance.

Mosha it can land though! Remember, if they used or the Capt. took part on this operation. With his expertise and perhaps Flightsim training he could have landed! Landing needs much shorter length. If these crooks got what they want, they might have well departed on a smaller plane! I like to think of the impossible!

China supposedly established a SIGINT intelligence gathering station on Great Coco Island in 1992 to monitor Indian naval activity in the Andaman and Nicobar Islands.[3] The station is also said to allow China to monitor the movement of other navies and ships throughout the eastern Indian Ocean, especially in the crucial point in shipping routes between the Bay of Bengal and the Strait of Malacca.[3] It may also be used to monitor activities at the launch site of the Indian Space Research Organization at Sriharikota and the Defence Research and Development Organization at Chandipur-on-sea. The Chinese Army is also building a maritime base on Little Coco Island.[5]

Existence of the Chinese base has been questioned.[4] In 1998, the U.S. stated that it had not detected any significant Chinese activity in Burma.[6] India’s Chief of Naval Staff is quoted as saying in October 2005 that India had “firm information that there is no listening post, radar or surveillance station belonging to the Chinese on Coco Islands.”[4][7] In 2014, Air Marshal P.K. Roy, Commander-in-Chief of India's Andaman and Nicobar Command stated that "China has been developing a runway for civilian purposes. There are no reports of presence of Chinese per se. The situation is not alarming." He added that there was only some civilian infrastructural developments which was not a threat to India.[8]

Newly and fresh runway! If all the activities of the Chinese have been questioned, why build a runway in 2014? They are there since what 1992? So there must be something really going on this island but no one can confirm!

interesting post but it would be handy if you can quote your sources?

According to a aviation professor at MIT, a 777 can be landed in 5000 feet.

http://www.boston.com/bostonglobe/ideas/brainiac/2014/03/an_mit_expert_o.html

"To land a 777 you need a runway at least 5,000 feet long. The airplane seems to have diverted 40 minutes north of Kuala Lumpur, with enough fuel to travel 2,500 more miles. Hansman estimates there are around 500 runways within that range long enough to accommodate a plane that size."

Am curious as to why after so many days did Malaysia now admit it is a hijacking. This new announcement

occured at the same time they were searching the home of the pilot, cannot help but think the two

events are linked....

China supposedly established a SIGINT intelligence gathering station on Great Coco Island in 1992 to monitor Indian naval activity in the Andaman and Nicobar Islands<snip>

Yeah... Quotes or it didn't happen. whistling.gif

Does anyone know how far a plane can glide if it reaches 45,000 feet. Perhaps reserving fuel for an eventual landing.

What ever the lift:glide ratio is you just divide by the altitude in a perfect world smile.png

I do not know what the Boeing 777 lift:glide ratio is

But a 747 is 17:1 so forward 17' for every 1' drop. I imagine similar to that?

I doubt much gliding occurred if the plane was hijacked

They would want out of the skies ASAP

Or they just need to reach as far as possible, with the absence of gas-stations in the sky.

And if you glide, you do not transmit a heat signature from the engines, that a missle could lock on to...nor a satellite can sense....

Missiles don't need to lock on to heat signals anymore. That was 40 years ago. They have their own small radar head these days working on the radar reflection from the aircraft. Same goes for ground radars. Satellites might me able to see an explosion in a general area if the heat is high enough. Very different from if they are pointed at a specific target.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coco_Islands

I still stick to my theory of the Freescale 20 Employees on board and their Ultra Wideband technology. Reminds me a bit of Con Air....a VIP. I also recall some link stated that it was against company policy to fly 20 in one flight. They only allow like a senior staff and max 2-3 lower staff on a flight!

Existence of the Chinese base has been questioned.[4] In 1998, the U.S. stated that it had not detected any significant Chinese activity in Burma.[6] Indias Chief of Naval Staff is quoted as saying in October 2005 that India had firm information that there is no listening post, radar or surveillance station belonging to the Chinese on Coco Islands.[4][7] In 2014, Air Marshal P.K. Roy, Commander-in-Chief of India's Andaman and Nicobar Command stated that "China has been developing a runway for civilian purposes. There are no reports of presence of Chinese per se. The situation is not alarming." He added that there was only some civilian infrastructural developments which was not a threat to India.[8]

I still stick to my theory of the Freescale 20 Employees on board and their Ultra Wideband technology. Reminds me a bit of Con Air....a VIP. I also recall some link stated that it was against company policy to fly 20 in one flight. They only allow like a senior staff and max 2-3 lower staff on a flight!

That's all a bit Dr Evil. Possibly there was an undeclared VIP on the plane or someone just fancied having a nice plane.

To do what with. Well we need George Clancy. Safe to say, they might as well close Malaysian Airlines.

No problem then. It’s one thing to hijack someone else’s plane but also similar in nature to hijack someone else's research work unless you respectfully quote the original source by giving credit to its author. Thanks matey

Edited by MK1

somewhere in the Indian Ocean, the search area would be so large as to be unsearchable...

Don't you think they have already looked into that? I am sure the militay already checked that out.

Out of all the theories we've heard about I find it hard to believe they landed on a deserted island.

Sent from my SM-P601 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

One other piece of thought to chew....

If this was a planned scenario, then there was some kind of reception committee awaiting. The airplane would have to be offloaded (in the case of precious cargo) and that would take a ground crew. Also the airplane would have to be sheltered from view.

I am curious if any sort of communication whatsoever was given by radio...to this reception committee. For example...."I have succeeded in my maneuvers and expect to arrive at the destination at ----Z". It would be a matter of having a whole bunch of live angry passengers to deal with.....(or not).

Let us say....he was smart enough not to signal. So that means an external source relayed this information before going public on the strange flight plan.

One other thing....... The strange maneuver, it itself, may have been a preplanned signal (such as a mouse gesture on a computer) designed to communicate his status....and eventual flight plan...

somewhere in the Indian Ocean, the search area would be so large as to be unsearchable...

Don't you think they have already looked into that? I am sure the militay already checked that out.

Out of all the theories we've heard about I find it hard to believe they landed on a deserted island.

Sent from my SM-P601 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Hmmm seems pretty clear to me. The plane was still flying after 8 hours which is supposed

to be beyond the range of the plane as it was loaded for the Beijing flight. So it either landed

and fueled, or a 777 has midair refueling capabilities that no one knows about.....

And given all the misinformation that Malaysia Airlines has handed out that wasted massive

amounts of time, at this point not really sure who has looked into what. But I suspect

the American intelligence community is working on this full bore, and is using their

considerable resources............