Missing Malaysia Airlines jet carrying 239 triggers Southeast Asia search

webfact

You are on the right track (in response to the recent post about freescale employees)

Sent from my LG-P970 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

The preparation required to hijack this plane would have taken a very long time. Months or even years as did the preparation for 9/11. So how would the culprits know so far in advance that said employees, or anybody else, would be on this plane at that time ? The only way this angle would fly is if they were prepared well in advance and waiting for a target/s of opportunity.

Pay the right people and you will know who goes to the toilet when.

Preparations remain pretty much the same to pull it off. Window of opporrunity presented itself and someone took it apparently IMO.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

China supposedly established a SIGINT intelligence gathering station on Great Coco Island in 1992 to monitor Indian naval activity in the Andaman and Nicobar Islands.[3] The station is also said to allow China to monitor the movement of other navies and ships throughout the eastern Indian Ocean, especially in the crucial point in shipping routes between the Bay of Bengal and the Strait of Malacca.[3] It may also be used to monitor activities at the launch site of the Indian Space Research Organization at Sriharikota and the Defence Research and Development Organization at Chandipur-on-sea. The Chinese Army is also building a maritime base on Little Coco Island.[5]

Existence of the Chinese base has been questioned.[4] In 1998, the U.S. stated that it had not detected any significant Chinese activity in Burma.[6] India’s Chief of Naval Staff is quoted as saying in October 2005 that India had “firm information that there is no listening post, radar or surveillance station belonging to the Chinese on Coco Islands.”[4][7] In 2014, Air Marshal P.K. Roy, Commander-in-Chief of India's Andaman and Nicobar Command stated that "China has been developing a runway for civilian purposes. There are no reports of presence of Chinese per se. The situation is not alarming." He added that there was only some civilian infrastructural developments which was not a threat to India.[8]

Newly and fresh runway! If all the activities of the Chinese have been questioned, why build a runway in 2014? They are there since what 1992? So there must be something really going on this island but no one can confirm!

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

interesting post but it would be handy if you can quote your sources?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coco_Islands

I still stick to my theory of the Freescale 20 Employees on board and their Ultra Wideband technology. Reminds me a bit of Con Air....a VIP. I also recall some link stated that it was against company policy to fly 20 in one flight. They only allow like a senior staff and max 2-3 lower staff on a flight!

This entire saga reminds me of Con Air...with a twist.

Looking at passengers on the flight manifest brings up the possibility that these are the precious "cargo" from my earlier post (somebody earlier mentioned the Freescale employees being the cargo and that got me thinking).

"Five major technological communications military contractor companies have high-tech employees and executives on the MH370 passenger manifest, two American and three Asia Pacific each strongly tied to military: China Telecom, Business Machines Corp., Austin-based Freescale, International Business Machines (IBM), ZTE Corp., and Huawei Technologies Co. Combined, they have 26 high-tech experts on the passenger manifest list, including two executives. One of these companies refused to identify its employees onboard, and investigators also withheld those identities."

Now the question is "Who has the most to gain from taking them?" I'd rule out Iran as the US and Israel would have their just cause to bomb the excrement out of them. Which government would have the balls or stupidity to do this and expect to get away with it? None as far as I'm concerned.

Maybe we're barking up the wrong tree with this theory as whichever country is responsible would face the wrath of the other big government players ie. China, Russia or the USA.

Dio Mio! How many days ago were we saying this!!!!!

Oops, sorry about. Just throwing another angle into the ring but it's been covered.

My shame.

Two "new" links below....both very confusing.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2014/03/14/malaysia-airlines-search-heads-toward-indian-ocean/

http://www.straitstimes.com/breaking-news/se-asia/story/missing-malaysia-plane-mh370-said-be-traced-sea-australia-20140315

I mean...in which direction out of a possible 365 has it gone & who are we to believe?

Or is all this stuff just disinformation?

Interesting map from Reuters, has it been confirmed by the Malaysian military that it turned north?

The Mal Mil has confirmed the aircraft did make a Northwards turn but then what about Sat

ping data also putting the aircraft heading towards Perth WA? 7.5 hours flight from last known

verified position makes for a huge circle. Hmmmmmmm. But the "Stans...Why? Perth WA...

Why?

probably because the antena receiving the probe had two lobes...one NW and one SE and cannot distinguish which one.

http://www.microwaves101.com/encyclopedia/phasedarrays.cfm

is not relevant to this except to show what I mean by lobes.

Every antenna has "lobes"...whether onmi-directional or directional. These lobes are

usually called main lobe, side lobes and rear lobe (180 degrees from the main lobe).

The main RF goes out the front but due to reflectivity (in a nutshell) of the antenna

and it's supports RF also goes out in certain patterns dependent on antenna design &

emitter power.

post-146250-0-06305000-1394889178_thumb.

The antenna doesn't have to be of the phased array type either, it can be the old fashioned

looking banana type, circular dish type, wire fence type etc. Most phase array antennas are

flat with little squares in them if looked at closely & each little square is an emitter/receiver

depending on the timing (freq-prf) of the system. That's radar 101 in a nutshell...your cell

phone also has lobes...or else you would have to have a directional line of sight from

TX to RX. Just FYI all ths...

Looking at passengers on the flight manifest brings up the possibility that these are the precious "cargo" from my earlier post (somebody earlier mentioned the Freescale employees being the cargo and that got me thinking).

"Five major technological communications military contractor companies have high-tech employees and executives on the MH370 passenger manifest, two American and three Asia Pacific – each strongly tied to military: China Telecom, Business Machines Corp., Austin-based Freescale, International Business Machines (IBM), ZTE Corp., and Huawei Technologies Co. Combined, they have 26 high-tech experts on the passenger manifest list, including two executives. One of these companies refused to identify its employees onboard, and investigators also withheld those identities."

Probably because they don't want their poor families to be besieged by stupid, desperate hacks looking for an "exclusive".

I agree.

However not sure if everyone knows . US, UK maybee dont even know all the possible landing and bases they created for WW 2. With right organisation, money, time i am sure some people could have made a own 10 000 foot landing strip if this was a planned hijacking. LTTE "Tamil terrorists" is well known for even succefully made submarines, attack airplanes that was better than even WW 2 standards from both Thailand and at hidden islands.

Enough money and a good secret organisation could do and plan it for sure.

Seems pretty simple. Instead of wasting time looking in the ocean, it is really a research project.

With the simple question, what island in the Indian Ocean has a deserted 10,000 foot landing strip.

Latest report from Malaysia was that the last ping was received after the plane had been

in the air for 8 hours. I believe that is a longer time period than what the plane had been fueled

for. So clearly it has landed, refueled, and taken off again. With the plane fully refueled

somewhere in the Indian Ocean, the search area would be so large as to unsearchable...

I give you cred for first raising the possibility of this plane going east of Sri Lanka. But nobody can construct a secret 10,000ft runway in this day and age. Esp in your neighborhood.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

"Five major technological communications military contractor companies have high-tech employees and executives on the MH370 passenger manifest, two American and three Asia Pacific – each strongly tied to military: China Telecom, Business Machines Corp., Austin-based Freescale, International Business Machines (IBM), ZTE Corp., and Huawei Technologies Co. Combined, they have 26 high-tech experts on the passenger manifest list, including two executives. One of these companies refused to identify its employees onboard, and investigators also withheld those identities."

Now the question is "Who has the most to gain from taking them?" I'd rule out Iran as the US and Israel would have their just cause to bomb the excrement out of them. Which government would have the balls or stupidity to do this and expect to get away with it? None as far as I'm concerned.

Maybe we're barking up the wrong tree with this theory as whichever country is responsible would face the wrath of the other big government players ie. China, Russia or the USA.

Although this theory has been floated a few times, I doubt there would be much strategic value in such a move. Most of the employees are from China and Malaysia and are probably low to mid level manufacturing engineers involved in quality control, process management, etc. In fact, it was initially reported they were going to China for training. Although these companies may do military contract work, they also do lots of other things. Those few guys that do know the high end, top secret stuff don't get packed into planes in large numbers and sent to China for training.

So, it must be the red mercury shipment that was on board. hairraising.gif

Edited by rabas

The valuable cargo is the 20 employees of that US software co imo.

Valuable cargo like diamonds/state secrets etc wouldnt be transported on a passenger jet i would imagine.

There's been some noice on the pprune site that 50 seats were not filled by design. Implies heavy load. Forget about those tech guys is my guess.

China supposedly established a SIGINT intelligence gathering station on Great Coco Island in 1992 to monitor Indian naval activity in the Andaman and Nicobar Islands.[3] The station is also said to allow China to monitor the movement of other navies and ships throughout the eastern Indian Ocean, especially in the crucial point in shipping routes between the Bay of Bengal and the Strait of Malacca.[3] It may also be used to monitor activities at the launch site of the Indian Space Research Organization at Sriharikota and the Defence Research and Development Organization at Chandipur-on-sea. The Chinese Army is also building a maritime base on Little Coco Island.[5]

Existence of the Chinese base has been questioned.[4] In 1998, the U.S. stated that it had not detected any significant Chinese activity in Burma.[6] India’s Chief of Naval Staff is quoted as saying in October 2005 that India had “firm information that there is no listening post, radar or surveillance station belonging to the Chinese on Coco Islands.”[4][7] In 2014, Air Marshal P.K. Roy, Commander-in-Chief of India's Andaman and Nicobar Command stated that "China has been developing a runway for civilian purposes. There are no reports of presence of Chinese per se. The situation is not alarming." He added that there was only some civilian infrastructural developments which was not a threat to India.[8]

Newly and fresh runway! If all the activities of the Chinese have been questioned, why build a runway in 2014? They are there since what 1992? So there must be something really going on this island but no one can confirm!

interesting post but it would be handy if you can quote your sources?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coco_Islands

I still stick to my theory of the Freescale 20 Employees on board and their Ultra Wideband technology. Reminds me a bit of Con Air....a VIP. I also recall some link stated that it was against company policy to fly 20 in one flight. They only allow like a senior staff and max 2-3 lower staff on a flight!

The Freescale unit was part of Motorola before. What you're stating is Moto's policy. Do you have any link that says Freescale's rules are the same?

Furthermore, if you wanted to grab/kill those 20 employees it would be much much easier to do it before boarding.

Valuable cargo like diamonds/state secrets etc wouldnt be transported on a passenger jet i would imagine.

There's been some noice on the pprune site that 50 seats were not filled by design. Implies heavy load. Forget about those tech guys is my guess.

who knows for sure...maybe those boys were hauling some stuff .... why they were heading to China is another thing... will we ever find out for sure?

Aviation expert on BBC said you have to go out of the way to turn of both transponders. It's not just a flick of a switch, but a complicated procedure.

Hi,

This is not true. The transponder takes one second to turn off. Very straightforward and in no way complicated.

I had a play around with the altitude switch whilst on the ground today to see if could replicate the spinning of the switch to 29500ft from the cruise altitude of 35000ft. I did it ten times and did not get anywhere near the figure mentioned.

Eastbound traffic flight level of 29000ft, westbound flight level of 30000ft. An intermediate altitude would therefore make sense to avoid a collision and with the transponder being off it would not generate a traffic indication on the other aircrafts navigation display, thus avoiding detection whilst dark.

45000ft is virtually the maximum altitude of the 777, but to get to that altitude it needs to be fairly light weight to achieve that.

So you say they had to loose weight before going there

sent from my windmill using ganja smoke-signals

Hi,

You could allow the speed to build up and then zoom climb towards that height but it would not be pretty. The aircraft will loose energy pretty fast. Sustained flight at the level would only be possible at light weights in the region of 160 tons. Max alt is exactly 43100ft for the 777.

That's a very precise figure, so isn't that the certified max alt, vs some higher possible max alt?

Rumours abound that MH370 was hauling 6 tons of gold but without a cargo manifest

this is pure speculation/BS. Nevertheless...50 seats don't add up to 6 tons....without

heavy overweight payments by the "missing" 50 individuals or by their accomplices,

if any.

NB...edit to change weights of gold....my bad. Very tired & in KL covering this fiasco.

Apols.

Edited by sunshine51

Rumours abound that MH370 was hauling 6 tons of gold but without a cargo manifest

this is pure speculation/BS. Nevertheless...50 seats don't add up to 50 tons....without

heavy overweight payments by the 50 individuals.

I have no idea if it had 50 ton of gold. But: assume it did, they'd have some cargo capacity anyway? So those 50 seats could maybe represent 5 tons? Even that amount of gold would be quite valuable IMHO.

this is pure speculation/BS. Nevertheless...50 seats don't add up to 50 tons....without

heavy overweight payments by the 50 individuals.

I have no idea if it had 50 ton of gold. But: assume it did, they'd have some cargo capacity anyway? So those 50 seats could maybe represent 5 tons? Even that amount of gold would be quite valuable IMHO.

Apols pmugghc...I made a huge typo & didn't check it before hitting the send button.

Again...50 seats still don't add up to 6 tons without heavy overweight payments by

the people who should be in those 50 seats. BTW...airlines often carry huge amounts

of valuables (gold, platinum etc) on normal flights.

Even more.... seems the Captain hates Barisan National.... and is backing Anwar.... who just got indicted for Sodomy again.........

Revenge ? being a captain who hates BN, working in a BN controlled company has got to be a conflict of interest.

From Capt FB

a post on his Facebook........

- Wikipedia reported Dr M is the second richest among retired leaders in the world, after Hosni Mubarak of Egypt. His wealth is estimated to be USD 44 billion (RM 160 billion) .Should we allow him to plunder our country's wealth? If PAKATAN is voted in on May 5 this wealth can be frozen & returned to the rakyat. As long as BN is in power, no one can touch him. Ubah lah !! Forward to at least 10 people

Apparently Putra Jaya issued an order that wef fm Monday, all staff not allowed OT and only authorized staff r allowed into PM department !!!!
They saw the revolt at the Putra jaya's ceramah !!
Clearly pmo are cleaning shits in the office before handover. Sign of bn preparing defeat.
This is an urgent appeal for support. Pakatan Rakyat needs everybody to bring the messages of truth down to the grassroots level. There are many people who have not received the messages from Pakatan Rakyat. Many have not been able to attend the Pakatan Ceremahs. Please help to send all message that you receive to at least 10 persons. The more people we can reach out to the whole country the better. We need to reach out to the 7th level. We need to reach out to 1 million people very fast. Time is very limited. Please help. Thank you.

Edited by skippybangkok

I wouldn't be surprised by some sort of chicanery like this any more. The report is probably fake but there's a government or two who know more than they're letting on.

One thing I'm sure about is that this report is true the Russians will leak satellite photos of what happened if America keep making problems for them over the Crimea.

Regardless of what TV members think about Putin, he's a damn sight more intelligent and shrewder than most of the western world's leaders.

I wouldn't be surprised by some sort of chicanery like this any more. The report is probably fake but there's a government or two who know more than they're letting on.

One thing I'm sure about is that this report is true the Russians will leak satellite photos of what happened if America keep making problems for them over the Crimea.

Regardless of what TV members think about Putin, he's a <deleted> sight more intelligent and shrewder than most of the western world's leaders.

Now that the Malay’s have let the cat out of the bag, the Americans will have to come clean quickly before the doomsayers spin this right out of control. The NSA appear to have made an absolute mess of this, for some unknown reason, which probable explains their low profile back seat role to search & rescue efforts so far due to perhaps being knowingly concerned in an elaborate high-tech undercover black operation themselves, if proven to be true.

Edited by MK1

According to a aviation professor at MIT, a 777 can be landed in 5000 feet.

http://www.boston.com/bostonglobe/ideas/brainiac/2014/03/an_mit_expert_o.html

"To land a 777 you need a runway at least 5,000 feet long. The airplane seems to have diverted 40 minutes north of Kuala Lumpur, with enough fuel to travel 2,500 more miles. Hansman estimates there are around 500 runways within that range long enough to accommodate a plane that size."

Am curious as to why after so many days did Malaysia now admit it is a hijacking. This new announcement

occured at the same time they were searching the home of the pilot, cannot help but think the two

events are linked....

One thing is legally required runway length another thing is actually needed runway length or minimum runway.

The latter depends on headwind, runway surface, and last but not least aircraft weight.

If the exercise is only about landing and no take off is required later a lot of runways could be used in an emergency for landing.

However, for this size of airplane a motorway/highway could not be used since it would not have the bearing capacity for a B-777, which have a pretty small foot print for it's weight.

There seems to be a lot of assumption, since the announcements that the main authorities believe that the plane was hijacked, that it will be intact somewhere on land.

Can someone please explain why that is? As far as I'm aware the US, and therefore Malay authorities don't appear to have said that they are looking for a landing site, unless I'm mistaken.

I'm not wanting to be a doom monger, but all this hijack theory seems to do is change where they are looking for wreckage now doesn't it?

this is pure speculation/BS. Nevertheless...50 seats don't add up to 6 tons....without

heavy overweight payments by the "missing" 50 individuals or by their accomplices,

if any.

NB...edit to change weights of gold....my bad. Very tired & in KL covering this fiasco.

Apols.

"50 seats don't add up to 6 tons"

Sunshine, you clearly haven't met my ex-wife.

other 777 pilots say its not feasible for a hijacker to get into the cockpit as they're too secure now.

photos of the crew with the sheilas were taken when the plane was on the ground so its a red herring

pilot suicide is the only answer ,not as convoluted as some would like with elaborate plots of gold and unknown execs i know .

NOBODY CAN GET INTO THE COCKPIT BY FORCE

BOTH CREW CANT BE IN ON THE PLOT .

think about it

probably because the antena receiving the probe had two lobes...one NW and one SE and cannot distinguish which one.

http://www.microwaves101.com/encyclopedia/phasedarrays.cfm

is not relevant to this except to show what I mean by lobes.

Every antenna has "lobes"...whether onmi-directional or directional. These lobes are

usually called main lobe, side lobes and rear lobe (180 degrees from the main lobe).

The main RF goes out the front but due to reflectivity (in a nutshell) of the antenna

and it's supports RF also goes out in certain patterns dependent on antenna design &

emitter power.

attachicon.gifLobes-Directional Antenna.jpg

The antenna doesn't have to be of the phased array type either, it can be the old fashioned

looking banana type, circular dish type, wire fence type etc. Most phase array antennas are

flat with little squares in them if looked at closely & each little square is an emitter/receiver

depending on the timing (freq-prf) of the system. That's radar 101 in a nutshell...your cell

phone also has lobes...or else you would have to have a directional line of sight from

TX to RX. Just FYI all ths...

Re the lobes:

Your theory on the lobes would be correct for a multi eliment yagi antenna at near ground level.

post-20091-0-29779500-1394906746_thumb.j

But the receiving antenna is mounted on a satellite some 22,223 mile up in space, therefore any signal off the back of the beam would be from outer space.

post-20091-0-17096100-1394906780_thumb.j

And the pictures of Inmarsat 5 show a an array of microwave dishes anyway.

post-20091-0-97094000-1394906909_thumb.p

:

The Russians should stick to vacationing in Pattaya..... A fairly bizarre

set of conclusions, as no one else seems to think America is involved.

A Malaysian plane disappears, and somehow America has a hand in it?

Funny stuff. The GRU should go back to its to its stock in trade,

suppressing and torturing dissidents...........

Edited by EyesWideOpen

The Russians should stick to vacationing in Pattaya..... A fairly bizarre

set of conclusions, as no one else seems to think America is involved.

A Malaysian plane disappears, and somehow America has a hand in it?

Funny stuff. The GRU should go back to its to its stock in trade,

suppressing and torturing dissidents...........

If they really believed this and there were such a report, would we be reading about it? Seems to be some planted story or whatever. Here's another story they ran, also under that website's "suppression" tag and also sourced from Russia:

http://www.eutimes.net/2014/02/obama-jails-catholic-nun-murders-scientist-who-knew-of-atomic-smuggling/