where is this condo in jomtein

happychatter

hello I arrive in pattaya in a couple of days time on Thursday 13 march. i have been been in contact with someone who rents condos

on a monthly basis, the condo is called jomtein beach condominiums / rim haad jomtein and in building A.

can someone please tell me exactly where this is and how do I give instructions to taxi from the jomtein bus station to find this place.

I am not receiving any email reply back from the person that I have been communicating with by email. now at the last minute I am

beginning to wonder what is going on with the reservation. all she told me is that the condo is only 5 minutes walk from the jomtein complex.

I am a little familiar with the jomtein complex but don't know a thing about where this condos are located. I am getting the airport bus from

Bangkok to the bus station at view talay. the lady handling the reservation has not given me her phone number. all I have is the address

building A, jomtein beach condominiums / rim haad jomtein . thanks for any assistance .

This should help.

You can enter from Jomtien Beach Road or Jomtien 2nd road.

between Jomtien Soi 10 - Soi 11, next to Villanawin Resort and hotel.
direct location : Jomtien 2nd road, opposite back of Villanawin Resort, between Jomtien Soi 10-Soi 11.

http://jomtienbeachcondoforrent.blogspot.com/

I would call it a 10 minute walk from Jomtien Complex. Or 15.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

I'm sorry that I cannot help in locating this condo but I just wanted to say that I hope you have a plan B as things do not seem on the up and up with this landlady. Please use your common sense and your gut feelings about this. Best of luck to you and welcome back to Pattaya.

Taking a baht bus from the airport bus terminus in Jomtien should go right past the Condo entrance. Going south on Jomtien Beach Road get ready to stop after you pass Soi 9. Condo is 200/300 metre from there.

There are quite a few condos available now, so don't panic.

Jomtien Beach Condominium (JBC) Thai Translation Rimhaad or Rimhat about a mile from the top of Jomtien.

Is five tower blocks, intersected by the new second road, "A" blocks A1 to 3 are located east of Second Road, while "S" blocks S1 & 2 are located between second road and the beach.

S1 & 2 are the better blocks S1 is closest to the beach, each is 18 floors and has 3 well serviced lifts to each floor, A1 to 3 are only 15 stories high on the other side of the Second road.

The condominium is well run, with 2 pools, 2 gyms, club house, "on street" and multistory car park, good security with CCTV, lots of shops/laundries/eateries etc.

All units are privately let, and landlords can vary as anywhere else in Thailand from good to rip off, have a look at what you are going to see first, plenty of other options every unit on the ground floor is a "shop unit" and ask at any of them about renting and if they do not have any property to rent they will know someone who has.

• Like 1

THANK YOU to all that have assisted me with replies to my posting.

I now know where the condos are located , they not just where I thought at first

they might have been because I was under impression they much closer to

jomtein complex that they actually are, however for the price the lady quoted

me for the month was 9500 baht plus elect for a studio with kitchen and all

utensils I cant complain. just means I have a bit further to walk than I first thought

to the complex, thanks again you have eased my mind I was starting to get concerned

I have frequently walked it, though more often catch a BB.

BB,s frequency, used to be, most times if there is not one pull up and wait while you walk to the gate, do not expect to wait more than a minute, though I sold my unit 2 years ago so have not been there recently and do not know how the Second Road has changed things, if you are in the A Buildings then ideally you want to catch a bus on the Second Road, even for the S buildings Second Road is closer.

P.S. Soi Welcome is a short walk, Top of Jomtien/Jomtien Complex is a good 15 Minute walk (1 mile)

Edited by Basil B

Baht buses don't run on 2nd road.

From beach road, the problem during higher (Russian) seasons is that the buses are either totally full or most of them totally empty and trolling for a CHARTER hire. Especially during peak evening and beach leaving hours.

By now, this is lessening and also being further out Jomtien beach road helps (as opposed to trying to catch a Pattaya bound bus from INNER Jomtien).

Anyway I think it will be OK going from Jomtien Beach road.

All the baht buses going downhill from the airport bus station terminus should go along Beach Rd and past the front entrance to JBC. The fare is 10B. Even the closest building to the beach is set quite a way back. You can see all the buildings on Google street view.

Some units in JBC are OK with a nice view, but many are not nice at all. I hope you have seen lots of photos of the interior and of the view from the balcony.

From beach road, the problem during higher (Russian) seasons is that the buses are either totally full or most of them totally empty and trolling for a CHARTER hire. Especially during peak evening and beach leaving hours.

By now, this is lessening and also being further out Jomtien beach road helps (as opposed to trying to catch a Pattaya bound bus from INNER Jomtien).

Then you will have a extra 400M walk to Beach Road then.

You can use Google Earth and Street View to get a better picture of the place.

All the baht buses going downhill from the airport bus station terminus should go along Beach Rd and past the front entrance to JBC. The fare is 10B. Even the closest building to the beach is set quite a way back. You can see all the buildings on Google street view.

Some units in JBC are OK with a nice view, but many are not nice at all. I hope you have seen lots of photos of the interior and of the view from the balcony.

Unfortunately, the pics on the website many times do not accurately reflect the unit. You really need to see it in person to decide if it's good for you.

I'm sorry that I cannot help in locating this condo but I just wanted to say that I hope you have a plan B as things do not seem on the up and up with this landlady. Please use your common sense and your gut feelings about this. Best of luck to you and welcome back to Pattaya.

How can you say "things do not seem on the up and up with this landlady."???? NOWHERE does the OP say anything about who the landlady is etc. I live in Jomtien Beach Condos and MANY people who live there (or don't) have multiple condos which they rent out. In 7 years I have not hear of any dodgy "landladies". Maintenance is great, security is great, and it is an all around nice area to stay in.

Then you will have a extra 400M walk to Beach Road then.

You can use Google Earth and Street View to get a better picture of the place.

When you arrive at Jomtien bus station, there'll be baht buses (sole) would charge you 50-100 baht to hire it. Stand outside view talay 1 and you'll get a baht bus passing that will take you to jomtien beach rd..ring the buzzer when you get to your soi they are numbered-cost 10baht