Tourist? death on Sunday

mamborobert

Firstly the link below has some graphic and disturbing pictures and please keep this in mind if you view.

Secondly it contains details regarding the tragic death of a female UK citizen. I have not named the person (details are on the link) but have always been mindful that when loved one search the internet by name they may not want to stumble across a thread that experience shows in the the past has deteriorated into consipracy theories, innuendo, and become insensitive to say the least..

With that in mind I would ask that some sensitivity be given with comments, that they are factual, and that the deceased person is not referred to by name.

Having said that this is the link

http://www.cm108.com/bbb/index.php/topic/1928-ฝรั่งอังกฤษชายโดดตึก-อีกรายฝ/

By my poor Thai it would seem that alcohol was a significant fcator (better Thai readers please chip in).

What I am slightly mortified about is that it appears to be the same person in the intersection as the alleyway. Perhaps the person made it to the alleyway themselves. I do not know. I just don't like the way the person has been placed in the alley (assuming its the same person). As a side I do note (my observations only) the lack of reverence generally shown to deceased Tourists than Thais. At least this one didnot have the Iphone crowd.

Can anyone thrown any factual and sensitive light on this tragedy?

Yes, it seems the person lying in the road is the same person as the person in the alley but the night before.

Apparently, she is drunk lying in the road, the night before.

That's how the GF has translated the article.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by kjhbigv

> As a side I do note (my observations only) the lack of reverence generally shown to deceased Tourists than Thais.

Not really: There is a cultural difference in the way the dead are treated in general in Thailand, no matter what their nationality. It's all a lot more in-your-face, and a dead body quickly becomes just an object in the way its treated. Not saying that's bad or good, it's just different. And I'd rather not expand on it in the same topic. (There have been other topics on that in the past.)

Then secondly, the picture at the end where she's lying in the middle of the street in front of Thapae Gate was actually the day before (or, prior to midnight on the same night, that's not 100% clear to me) either way that's before she got to the alley.

Very sad.. Rest in Peace girl.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai
  • Like 2

This is my question?

I know the place where the girl was lying on Tha Pae Road. She is on the way of very heavy traffic during the day, and most part of the night.

Who took that picture? Why?

OP;

Why did you post this.....then ask everyone to be sensitive and make only factual comments.

You are as bad as a paparazzi looking for sensationalism.

Its not an unusual story when all said and done.

Which is quite sad, because it should be.

OP;

Why did you post this.....then ask everyone to be sensitive and make only factual comments.

Let's give the OP a pass on this, seeing that City News is actually worse, hinting at a connection between these two very unfortunate cases. (The jumping/falling off the bank building by the Englishman and this poor woman.)

But.. they're both British and it happened in roughly the same area, so let's hint at 'strange circumstances'.

What on Earth happened to that publication.

OP;

Its not an unusual story when all said and done.

Ease up cowboy.

I posted this because I was disturbed at what I thought was the movement of this young lady from the intersection to the alleyway. That has been cleared up by another post and thanks for that.

I asked for the sensitive aspect (and did not name the young lady) as I recall where family members have come across Thaivisa threads in relation to recently deceased family members and there have been some not very nice comments and some armchair detective work, neither of which I wanted to promote associated with a name.

I am sorry if I find this a tragedy (more so after finding the young lady in difficulties the day before) rather than "not an unusual story" which in itself would be cold comfort to the family.

.I wanted clarity and fact, not your opinion....Next time I'll type slower for you......

Seems to be two different people. The one in the alley appears to me to be slighter in build. The one on a stretcher has a brace on there neck which you would expect to find in an accident. It has been a while since I took a one day first aid course but I believe it is called a C spine splint.

Also the clothing is different on both.

Hopefully the people who contact relatives are gentle with the bad news.

Winnie is quite correct there is a big cultural difference between the west and the Thai in these kind of situations.

Seems to be two different people. The one in the alley appears to me to be slighter in build. The one on a stretcher has a brace on there neck which you would expect to find in an accident. It has been a while since I took a one day first aid course but I believe it is called a C spine splint.

Also the clothing is different on both.

wow brilliant to deduce that one, Sherlock. obviously you are not a Thai reader.

There are events in this story that I cannot discuss due legal reasons and in respect of the families concerned.

It appears the woman may have suffered a fall or been hit by a vehicle and then the boyfriend, both highly intoxicated dragged himself and the woman into the ally and did not call for urgent medical assistance with the consequence that the woman died.

An extremely tragic state of affairs indeed.

There are events in this story that I cannot discuss due legal reasons and in respect of the families concerned.

B.J you are like a broken record with this line being written on at least 25% of your posts.

Whoever it is...(son) that feeds you all this police stuff obviously doesn't give a stuff about discussing it.......so why can't you?

I am just happy there is a bigger nob than me on TV.

Not that much bigger though!

• Like 1

It appears the woman may have suffered a fall or been hit by a vehicle and then the boyfriend, both highly intoxicated dragged himself and the woman into the ally and did not call for urgent medical assistance with the consequence that the woman died.

The medical examiner found no sign of trauma, and said that she had been dead for at least two hours.

Will be interesting to see which of these two it was.

The medical examiner found no sign of trauma, and said that she had been dead for at least two hours.

Will be interesting to see which of these two it was.

B.J you are like a broken record with this line being written on at least 25% of your posts.

Whoever it is...(son) that feeds you all this police stuff obviously doesn't give a stuff about discussing it.......so why can't you?

I am just happy there is a bigger nob than me on TV.

You show me yours and I`ll show you mine.

One thing I will say: I am disturbed to see Chiang Mai lowering itself to the level of Pattaya and showing intrusive and unwarranted pictures of dead people.

Sad to see the rubber neckers have moved in, CM never used to be like that.

• Like 1

One thing I will say: I am disturbed to see Chiang Mai lowering itself to the level of Pattaya and showing intrusive and unwarranted pictures of dead people.

Sad to see the rubber neckers have moved in, CM never used to be like that.

You were cautioned you did not have to look. I guess that means you have joined the rubber neckers.

Personally I was more disturbed about the tragic death of a young woman that seems to have had some difficulties rather than the pictures.

It is a indeed a bit sad when people are more disturbed about a photo than a person, CM never used to be like that.

Mods...any chance this could be closed off as my original query has been answered and we have drifting into unnecessary speculation and moralising.