TRINX chinese bikes

n210mp

Just saw three brand new Trinx Mountain bikes and a racing bike in an auction house in Pattaya.

They were all reserved priced at around 12K Thai Baht

As anyone any knowledge of the quality of this make or any comment on Chinese bikes, the best or worst ETC

I know nothing of these bikes, so hard to give an opinion.

From their website they look like supplying entry to mid range bikes with name brand components. That's a good sign.

You'd need to have a closer look at the spec to see if they represent value at 12K.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The handlebars and stem on my road bike cost 12K. I don't think a whole bike for 12k would be very reliable in the long term!

This is what a friend of mine just got. Normally 12k at most shops in Chiang Mai but he got it for 9k. 21 gears! I remember when I was young that 6 gears were cool. biggrin.png All aluminum at 12kG so fairly light.

13397329925_7e0da28a37_c.jpg

To enjoy cycling the first requirement is a bike that fits. If you can fit on this then it's ok for a bike to potter about on. But I wouldn't call it a 'racing bike'!

It's amazing how much metal you can buy for 9k, but, personally, I would give this one a miss!

Let's not be elitist and spoil someones fun smile.png - it's only cycling after all.

I hope the owner gets his 9K worth of enjoyment ++

Problem with bikes is that if it does not fit or is badly set up, it is hard work. However, a bike (however cheap) that fits and is well set up makes the riding experience more enjoyable.

When I see people struggling along on a seat that is far too low, or a bike that is far too short (in length) and they pedal with their heels, I often wish I could stop and just show them how to make their ride more pleasant.

There is nothing elitist about that!

• 2 months later...

I have a Trinx MB, it was 8500 Baht & the extras cost another 4000 Baht. After 700klms, I have replaced the complete pedal setup as it stripped the threads & fell off. The bike is too short for me so I will be changing to a better bike shortly.

The bike is perfect for someone who wants a cheap bike to just ride around, I wasn't sure if I would get the bug & take ridinf seriously, hence the cheaper option.

I am 177cms tall of portly build, what MB should I be heading towards, I would like to stay under 20K if possible.

cheers

• 3 weeks later...

I have a Trinx MB, it was 8500 Baht & the extras cost another 4000 Baht. After 700klms, I have replaced the complete pedal setup as it stripped the threads & fell off. The bike is too short for me so I will be changing to a better bike shortly.

The bike is perfect for someone who wants a cheap bike to just ride around, I wasn't sure if I would get the bug & take ridinf seriously, hence the cheaper option.

I am 177cms tall of portly build, what MB should I be heading towards, I would like to stay under 20K if possible.

cheers

If you're still looking would suggest a Commencal El Camino 2 as a decent upgrade, and almost within your 20k limit (21500THB last time I looked at Culture Cycliste, but believe you can also order from LA Bicycle as well, if there isn't one locally)

• 6 months later...

cheers

Merida Matts 40D, about 16k new.

A bit on the heavy side at 13Kg (the tires are to blame at almost 1Kg each).

But a strong bike, I've had mine 3 weeks and done about 500Km ... nothing fallen off yet.

Back to the shop once to adjust the rear disc brake which was rubbing a bit.

About 30% of my riding is off road, but only farm tracks on fairly level ground.

Just back from a 60Km ride, tired now ...........

Edited by AnotherOneAmerican
  • Like 1