Credit Card or............

I recently opened an additional account with Bangkok Bank (Fixed) and applied and got a Bangkok Bank Visa Platinum Credit Card (credit on my own savingsrolleyes.gif )

However the card I got seems for me to be nothing else than what we call a normal Visa Debit Card where I come from. No I have not tested it and I have always thought that Credit Cards was named MasterCard, Diners, etc. and are quit sure that a Card named just Visa not will be seen as Credit Card where I originate.

When that's said I'm old fashioned and many thing have happened in the world of Bank Cards since I got my first. Is there anyone who have similar Card and know if the card actually function as a Credit Card?

Thanks

Felt.

Visa are one of the big two credit card providers, the other being Mastercard.

Both Visa and Mastercard provide credit and debit cards.

Does the card have your name on it? Does it say 'Visa Platinum'?

The Bangkok Bank Visa Platinum Credit Card is indeed a credit card (value depends on how much held in FD)

What you need to look for, is that if someone has filled the application form for you, then you might find if you spend on it, your minimum monthly payment will be the same as your spend. i.e, spent 25,000 baht min payment 25,000 Baht.

You can get this rectified very easily if you want to. Just go into your bank and tell them you want the minimum monthly payment set at 10%. They will tell you "oh you pay interest high". Tell them it's your choice just change it, then it's entirely up to you how much (if any) you pay over and above the minimum 10%.

Takes about 3 weeks to come into effect.

Visa are one of the big two credit card providers, the other being Mastercard.

Both Visa and Mastercard provide credit and debit cards.

Does the card have your name on it? Does it say 'Visa Platinum'?

Yes it have my name and it says Visa Platinum.

The Bangkok Bank Visa Platinum Credit Card is indeed a credit card (value depends on how much held in FD)

What you need to look for, is that if someone has filled the application form for you, then you might find if you spend on it, your minimum monthly payment will be the same as your spend. i.e, spent 25,000 baht min payment 25,000 Baht.

You can get this rectified very easily if you want to. Just go into your bank and tell them you want the minimum monthly payment set at 10%. They will tell you "oh you pay interest high". Tell them it's your choice just change it, then it's entirely up to you how much (if any) you pay over and above the minimum 10%.

Takes about 3 weeks to come into effect.

Thanks for that info.