Take a look at this

JesseFrank

No it is a rat or at least a member of that family. Trying to get in? Maybe not. They love to gnaw on anything, even the covering on electrical wire, so the rubber seal on your slider is right up their alley. They are also able to climb anything so have been known to reside up in the dead space between the ceiling tiles and the rafters. I have had this problem also. Could not figure out how to stop them.. finally they just stopped. Maybe it was the cat that found a home with me? So maybe get a cat.

I'm allergic to cats.sad.png

RAT glue enough said.

I'm feeding them with Flocoumafen for the past 2 days, and so far they didn't miss a dinner appointment.

No it is a rat or at least a member of that family. Trying to get in? Maybe not. They love to gnaw on anything, even the covering on electrical wire, so the rubber seal on your slider is right up their alley. They are also able to climb anything so have been known to reside up in the dead space between the ceiling tiles and the rafters. I have had this problem also. Could not figure out how to stop them.. finally they just stopped. Maybe it was the cat that found a home with me? So maybe get a cat.

Isn't there a certain breed of dog that are famous for being ( ratters) ?, Can't remember the breed offhand, but i'm sure someone on here will know: EDIT , i just Googled it,,, It's a Terrier biggrin.png

Edited by lucifer666

Isn't there a certain breed of dog that are famous for being ( ratters) ?, Can't remember the breed offhand, but i'm sure someone on here will know: EDIT , i just Googled it,,, It's a Terrier biggrin.png
thought it was a shitzu, then thought, that's just a zoo with one animal isn't it..

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

• Like 2

Jack Russell or a Fox Terrier.

Well, I bought some dinner for the rats last night. Spread Flocoumafen here and there around the land, and they ate like there was no tomorrow, and probably for some of them there actually isn't any.

But I'm a bit surprised that given the large tablets, that they didn't gnawed on them but took away whole tablets. You think that this is normal behavior for a rat ?

Storm.jpg

This morning I located a pretty large frog near that room, and however it wasn't dead, it didn't make much resistance when I picked it up with a spade to locate it at the other side of the perimeter.

You think large frogs are able to do that damage ?

YEP!!!.....rats store food near their nests. Well they do here anyway.

At first i was going to suggest Chooks...they do things like that around here.

Try mixing PLASTER OF PARIS and CASTER SUGAR together [in equal quantities] DRY ... ok DO NOT MIX WITH WATER !!!

Place in a large container OR several smaller containers and leave near the problem location. ALSO leave a large container of WATER close by [maybe one metre away] ...

The rats love the sugar and don't detect the plaster till things start to "warm up" [as plaster sets]. Then they rush for a drink and compound the problem.

Sets like cement AND is non-toxic to other animals [as rat poisons usually are] ...

Worked a treat here in AU when the massive mice PLAGUES of several years ago infested the AU wheat silos. Couldn't use rat poison baits due to FOOD PRODUCT storage AND there were just too many of them ... BUT not for long.

A further benefit is that with this affordable method there are no dead smelly rats in your ceiling spaces [or wherever] just some nice solid rodent "STATUES" !!!

NB: I have used this method very successfully myself with both rats and mice infestations.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Mice can do that, i laid a few mouse traps in the attic and caught the little rascals.

What interests me are your tiles,i have tried to find some like that for ages no success, do you know the name of them or the firm that makes them?

they are a quarry tile looks like 6'' x 6'' to me, most diy shops should have them

Try mixing PLASTER OF PARIS and CASTER SUGAR together [in equal quantities] DRY ... ok DO NOT MIX WITH WATER !!!

Place in a large container OR several smaller containers and leave near the problem location. ALSO leave a large container of WATER close by [maybe one metre away] ...

The rats love the sugar and don't detect the plaster till things start to "warm up" [as plaster sets]. Then they rush for a drink and compound the problem.

Sets like cement AND is non-toxic to other animals [as rat poisons usually are] ...

Worked a treat here in AU when the massive mice PLAGUES of several years ago infested the AU wheat silos. Couldn't use rat poison baits due to FOOD PRODUCT storage AND there were just too many of them ... BUT not for long.

A further benefit is that with this affordable method there are no dead smelly rats in your ceiling spaces [or wherever] just some nice solid rodent "STATUES" !!!

NB: I have used this method very successfully myself with both rats and mice infestations.

I fancy that idea because now they are eating of the poison pellets, but I'm not sure if it works, because I don't find any dead rats.

The only thing I'm a bit afraid of is that I would create an ant infestation with the sugar involved

• Like 1

I fancy that idea because now they are eating of the poison pellets, but I'm not sure if it works, because I don't find any dead rats.

The only thing I'm a bit afraid of is that I would create an ant infestation with the sugar involved

And wouldn't a cat or dog also be attracted to eat the sugar?

when the rat eats the poison it causes their internal organs to haemorrage whilst at the same time disabling its blood clotting facility. So they bleed to death.

But what the rat does is to find a very hidden place to die.

If you haven't found the dead rat in two days you will smell it my the third day.

A most distinctive sick smell that gets worse each day until you clear it.

So poison pellets are great but you are always wondering where they went to die.

Fishing a dead rat out from under a decking with long sticks and trying to get it in a plastic bag, the worst thing I ever did.

Make sure that when laying down poison you put into places and containers that only rats can get access to. Rat poison is used here to get rid of dogs. To see a dog dying after being being poisoned is not a pretty sight. Not pleasant for the dog either.

Even if you stop dogs and some other animals getting at the poison they can still get it if they eat the rat. I've never seen a dog die from it but I've seen rats die of it and that's the reason I stopped using it in the UK.

I got one of those traps that just catch them and then you release them far enough away from you home. Not so easy if you live in a city of course. The funny thing is I never caught a rat in it but I never saw another rat either.

I've got one of those traps here and I've caught a couple but they seem to not come round anymore either.

I've kept many rats as pets and they are fascinating creatures who are very ingenious when it comes to getting to food.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Mice can do that, i laid a few mouse traps in the attic and caught the little rascals.

What interests me are your tiles,i have tried to find some like that for ages no success, do you know the name of them or the firm that makes them?

they are a quarry tile looks like 6'' x 6'' to me, most diy shops should have them

Pretty sure it's a Cotto standard. Global House and the Watsadu now rebranded SCG Solutions have big ranges plus the catalogue (Home Hub, Home Pro, Home Mart and Do Home probably also but I just happened to look at tiles in the other 2 recently). Comment based on experience of the Ubon overpopulated portfolio of watsadu sheds.

Looks like they had a party last night. This morning 6 of the pellets had disappeared, normally it is 1 or 2, but never before 6 in a single night.

For the tile experts, I had sent Soalbundy a pm already, but they are 8 " x 8" terracotta tiles from Royal ceramic.( RCI)

Edited by JesseFrank