age restriction

kaveh

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The law was stated already above. That said, any given time during the day you can see parents with kids in the beer bars close to the sea in Pattaya. Beer bars are not really all that different from restaurants during the daytime. The bargirls will entertain the youngsters while you may enjoy a cold beer.

No alcoholic drinks served for the under aged, naturally.

• Like 1

I do not think it is a big problem. There are places I would and places I would not. I guess I would have been more prepared to take my daughter to one at age 10 rather than age 14 but there really is little reason for that..

All the staff will just treat them as children and will spoil them.

I presume of course you are not talking about late at night.

Edited by harrry
  • Like 1

I don't see any problem in taking your child, children to the bar in the afternoon,early evenings. I remember my father would buy me and the sis a packet of crisps and a coke while he supped away a few Guinnesses down his neck..! and on occasions i would sip the Guinness myself, maybe that's why I like the black stuff now thumbsup.gif

But if he wants them to go down Nana that would be a different matter for me.

• Like 1

Why is Little Mary Sunshine getting out of her cot? There are bars, and there are bars. If the man is popping in for a couple of beers and buying the kids a pop, then why not? If you are talking about girly bars, then that is different question.Not all bars are ones where lechers congregate. There are many where the patrons go for good company and conversation. In my experience the bar staff tend to take the kids under their wing.

You must be kidding !!! Any parent that must hold down a bar stool and poop beers all night

for "good conversation" and let the bar staff watch and take their kids under their wing is a jerk

and an abusive parent to say the least....A BAR is a BAR. not an environment be bring a 14y/o

to: You really need to get a life and see what good parenting is all about.

Who said 'popping beers all night'? Come on Little Mary Sunshine, relinquish your politically correctness and read the threads properly. Pay attention! You must try harder.giggle.gif

The law states that you must be at least 20 years or older to enter a bar. 18 or older can work in a bar, but not use it on their day off.

If you really want to take your 14 year old children into a bar or whatever to drink alcohol, it does not say much for you as a parent

• Like 1

Why is Little Mary Sunshine getting out of her cot? There are bars, and there are bars. If the man is popping in for a couple of beers and buying the kids a pop, then why not? If you are talking about girly bars, then that is different question.Not all bars are ones where lechers congregate. There are many where the patrons go for good company and conversation. In my experience the bar staff tend to take the kids under their wing.

You must be kidding !!! Any parent that must hold down a bar stool and poop beers all night

for "good conversation" and let the bar staff watch and take their kids under their wing is a jerk

and an abusive parent to say the least....A BAR is a BAR. not an environment be bring a 14y/o

Political correctness has nothing to do with it. It's just common sense. Of course I

imagine 99.9% of the Drunks in Pattaya that ran out on the families and will have nothing

to do with them will agree with you; that a BAR is a good environment for a young teenager.

Sounds like one drunk defending another.....too bad !!!

Always good to see the open-minded adapt their cultural view to the local circumstances.

Always good to see the open-minded adapt their cultural view to the local circumstances.

Nothing to do with cultural views or local circumstance....It "RIGHT OR WRONG" Simple !!!!

• Like 1

Way to teach the kids, eh.

I hope you are not being sarcastic?

I believe that Booze is something that youngsters should be made aware of and learn to respect.

I live in Spain for half the year and the only drunks I see are visitors, mainly from the UK.

The Spanish are generally very we'll behaved with booze.

Traditionally, it is just part of life, they see it from the day they are born at the many Fiestas that happen.

My experience in the UK as a kid was that it was something NOT allowed and I so much wanted to try it.....

With disastrous results I may say.

The "Time Gentlemen Please" culture, causes drinkers to rush it down, often drinking more than is sensible. On the continent, no rush and I recall a pint being downed in 15-20 minutes, whereas in Europe, it can last a an hour or more?

Yes I think he was being sarcastic and what's the problem with that?

You think a girly bar is a good place for kids?

My friends and I didn't need our parents to take us to bars when we were 14, we used to just go on our own.

It would have been fun if my folks had occasionally joined us... afterall they were paying so we could have hardly refused to let them drink with us.

But my folks didn't like going out to drink so we had to wait until they were leaving Hong Kong before my sister and I could get them out to the bars with us....

• Like 1

When I used to travel the greek islands, I would see greek parents taking their kids to restaurants..

Appeared to me that the parents were teaching their adolescent kids how to drink responsibly...

Half a beer, small glass of wine...

Seemed to work,

Did not see drunks there at any age...

Edited by Andre0720
  • Like 1

Because I supposed Mary Sunshine is a real person from the USA, and from time to time people from there they are a little hypocrite

Oh this is really good ! Take your 14 year old to a bar and watch Daddy get sloshed What every child should see

Don't we have enough problems without you amplifying future problems your kids would have since they see daddy drinking

Don't you know

Monkey see monkey do