Footage of Thai govt spokeswoman Sunisa's capture released

webfact

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

If a tiny bruise is all the evidence of her "violent" treatment, I would call that exaggeration.
To avoid misogyny allegations, her experience should be considered no different than if she were a man as misogyny is a two-way street.
If i was taken, I would press charges based upon that charge, but I wouldn't embellish the incident with exaggerations that don't reflect the reality of what occurred.

"Her experience should be considered no different than if she were a man" is some rare old nonsense. While I don't like PTP at all, I can see clearly that this is an attractive and indeed tiny young lady, who could offer no resistance to a group of males chasing her down for whatever reason. And the fact she is attractive and a lady means that in many circumstances the group of men might wish to add to the abduction and assault charges by adding rape charges. They would be a lot less likely to do that if she was a big guy.

Most boys learn not to hit girls when they are in primary school. It is considered a gross breach of Playground Cred, and a sign that the boy in question is a coward who targets little girls. In adulthood this principle becomes far more important when the sex angle joins the equation. No means no, and that applies to chasing, hitting or sexually assaulting.

Going further, it is gentlemanly to not instill fear in ladies. A lady can be emotionally scarred for life by being chased up a back street by a gang of men. She might be too frightened to go out shopping for years, or in many cases even go outside her front door. We are not all Rambo, and many of us get frightened and remain frightened for a long time after an assault.

NIce lecture, with a long list of add ons that aren't mentioned anywhere in the reports already circulating.

You deliberately forget to explain just who this lady is and her history. She had no hesitation to go AWAL from the army and go abroad to meet her idol, the paymaster, and used this connection to get a free ride to escape punishment for AWOL.

Somehow I doubt this lady is all that easily intimidated.

Not to worry the Courts will do their job and toss out the charges

These are anti goverment protestors after all and as such cannot be held accountable for their actions.

biggrin.png

Not to worry... Nobody will ever be arrested for the now more that 90 acts of attempted murder / actual murder including blowing up little children / assaults on elderly protesters at a temple / secession / raising illegal armies.... etc etc.....

This also occurred 2 days after the fatal bomb blast killed one woman and 2 children outside Big C in Ratchadamri less than a KM away.... What the hell is she doing in a protest site at such a sensitive and high security time? Also other (much more credible sources than this Thaksin funded and totally bias rag) reported that she had phoned reporters in advance to meet her there, there were also witness reports that before this happened she was seen taunting protesters....... So she was clearly setting herself up for this.

If you go to a music festival for example, you can be detained by the security there if you are suspected of wrongdoing. No difference here. The lack of police protection and in some cases police are under suspicion of actually allowing people in and out of the areas to conduct the attacks. Is it any wonder that guards are forced to do all their own security?

As far as I am concerned this has been a total setup from the word go.

This silly girl should realize that we are in the middle of a big 'power shift' and she has now put herself up as a top level member of 'the enemy'. She should watch her back..... This is Thailand.

Nothing here to incriminate these guards.... simply doing their jobs at the most sensitive time and sensitive place where attacks and murders were at their peak. They seemed to handle her much the same as shop staff would handle you if suspected of shoplifting.. I see no more than 'reasonable force'. It was reported by witnesses that she struggled with the guards, and so they used 'reasonable force'.

Of all the skin care shops in BKK, she had to into one in the heart of a protest site, at the most critically sensitive time, and called reporters in advance....... Lol....... silly girl.

By the time her case comes to court, there will be no PTP control, it will be thrown out and she could find herself convicted of deliberately causing the situation.

Edited by PepperMe

I only have on eye (physically) .. Some of you must have NONE if you haven't looked at the video!!!

What was she going to do to harm them? Fire rocks at Suthep using her g-string?

That is physical abuse which ever way you look at it.. and its not the 'number' of bruises that count! What about the mental abuse, man or woman..

• Like 1

All conjecture as no sexual assault occurred. Would love to see your crime stats that "attractive" women are more likely to be raped. Lastly, I would say we disagree on what constitutes attractive in the first place, but I would imagine my standard might be significantly higher.

My point, which you skillfully avoided entirely, is that for a lone woman who is attacked and robbed etc. by a gang of men - the possibility of rape is a very real and terrifying certainty, whether or not it occurs.

I myself am a lone woman and was mugged, robbed and home-invaded numerous times in England. And it terrified me because of the possibility of rape.

Re; attractive, of course it plays a part in rape, for the obvious reasons that are related to sexual arousal in males. What constitutes attractive will obviously vary from person to person, but a highly desireable female means just that - she is an object of desire, willing or forced.

In either case my point remains unchallenged, it is terrifying for a woman to be chased up a back street by a gang of men and I can promise you that what she is most terrified of is not having her mobile phone stolen.

coffee1.gif

I admire your tenacity in trying to get your point across and I feel it is valid.

Problem is people who tend to disagree with others have this problem with agreeing to disagree.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

shame the pdrc has to employ those knuckle draggers as guards....... pathetic.

Now, now. Some of them are professional soldiers and special forces moonlighting with all their military-issued gear and weapons. It's good to know that Suthep appeals to all professions because he is such a democratic leader.

ammart bully boys is what they are... there are bully boys on both sides and both sides empower those thugs through their lack of discipline

as I have posted countless times - ALL of us should condemn bullying and harassment and violence on ANY side but I rarely see any yellow posters condemn them and the hypocrisy stinks

violence begets violence from whistle blowing morons to degenerate bombers

"violently manhandling her"

The minuscule bruise must have been life-threatening.

rolleyes.gif

Were the guards in the wrong?

Yes

Is the complainant grossly exaggerating?

Yes

So if a gang of strangers chased you down and dragged you off against your will, you wouldn't be concerned for your safety. Personally I would be shitting myself and my heart would be beating overtime imagine how a woman would be feeling. No I don't think it is an over exaggeration.

She took the job, took the high salary...she ran the risk... she should have stayed away from the protests.. not a very smart lady..giggle.gif

rolleyes.gif

Yes

Yes

The mob assaulted a defenceless lone woman. It was a terrifying and traumatic event. She had no idea what they would do to her.

You may not have the ability to understand the fear and terror she experienced, but those of us with some modicum of humanity do.

The event was wrong in so many ways. This was politically motivated terror and intimidation.

And in her press conference, she said she "escaped" lightly because members of the media came along to where she was being held, and she thanked them for their presence.

• Like 1

rolleyes.gif

Yes

Yes

The mob assaulted a defenceless lone woman. It was a terrifying and traumatic event. She had no idea what they would do to her.

You may not have the ability to understand the fear and terror she experienced, but those of us with some modicum of humanity do.

The event was wrong in so many ways. This was politically motivated terror and intimidation.

This is Thailand and not the west. Evidently you do not understand the 'Thai way' of conducting themselves in these kinds of situations. Either you need to get out more or do some reading about the Thai culture, OR you are simply a red shirt sympathizer. I don't ever criticize any Thai for their conduct and their way of doing business, their business is not mine.

shame the pdrc has to employ those knuckle draggers as guards....... pathetic.

Perhaps she was really trying to market skin whitening products?

shame on them for choosing those knuckle draggers when they could have enlisted some of our tv resident phd's and quantum physicists.

rolleyes.gif

Yes

Yes

This is Thailand and not the west. Evidently you do not understand the 'Thai way' of conducting themselves in these kinds of situations. Either you need to get out more or do some reading about the Thai culture, OR you are simply a red shirt sympathizer. I don't ever criticize any Thai for their conduct and their way of doing business, their business is not mine.

using 'Thai way' as an excuse for bullying and harassment... pathetic

My two cents to this story is that she is a government spokeswoman for the pm, walking into a protest site when people are protesting against her party which is clearly putting herself in danger. If there was a protest to kick farrangs out of thailand would i walk through their protest area? Of course not because i would be a target, just like she was, so why put yourself at risk?

• Like 2

rolleyes.gif.pagespeed.ce.hZ59UWKk-s.gif
Yes
Yes

Ever heard the word APPOLERGIST?,

No, I haven't.

MY bad, APOLOGIST,

STANDARD YELLOW THUGGERY, and people like you try to down play it,

I hope it never happens to anyone you care for, or maybe you would say the same snot to her as you are here. "grossly exaggerating? Yes".

Not surprisingly all the Thai rouge are jumping at this incident. simple because there is very little else to which they can shout fascist and thugs at this moment because citizen Yingluck and her group of bandits are rapidly losing ground.

It is very hypocritical though that these Thai rouge think it is OK when bombs are thrown and assault riffles are fired at demonstrators and their family because Potjaman is being whistled at, but if a government spokeswoman who is the mouthpiece of the corrupt ex govt, is being manhandled out of the protest area and because of that has a bruise on her arm, the culprits need to be hanged. Who was complaining about double standards again?

• Like 1

ammart bully boys is what they are... there are bully boys on both sides and both sides empower those thugs through their lack of discipline

as I have posted countless times - ALL of us should condemn bullying and harassment and violence on ANY side but I rarely see any yellow posters condemn them and the hypocrisy stinks

violence begets violence from whistle blowing morons to degenerate bombers

Except of course when you make excuses for the violence when "your team" commit it.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/705008-chiang-mai-redshirts-attack-pcad-rally/?p=7449838

You said PDRC were morons for being in the wrong place. That is an excuse LA street gangs make for committing violence on opposing gangs when they step into "their turf". You didn't say it was wrong of the red shirts to attack the PDRC protestors.

I can keep going with other examples of your slanted view on "ALL of us should condemn bullying and harassment and violence on ANY side" or should we leave it at that?

• Like 2

Not to worry... Nobody will ever be arrested for the now more that 90 acts of attempted murder / actual murder including blowing up little children / assaults on elderly protesters at a temple / secession / raising illegal armies.... etc etc.....

This also occurred 2 days after the fatal bomb blast killed one woman and 2 children outside Big C in Ratchadamri less than a KM away.... What the hell is she doing in a protest site at such a sensitive and high security time? Also other (much more credible sources than this Thaksin funded and totally bias rag) reported that she had phoned reporters in advance to meet her there, there were also witness reports that before this happened she was seen taunting protesters....... So she was clearly setting herself up for this.

If you go to a music festival for example, you can be detained by the security there if you are suspected of wrongdoing. No difference here. The lack of police protection and in some cases police are under suspicion of actually allowing people in and out of the areas to conduct the attacks. Is it any wonder that guards are forced to do all their own security?

As far as I am concerned this has been a total setup from the word go.

This silly girl should realize that we are in the middle of a big 'power shift' and she has now put herself up as a top level member of 'the enemy'. She should watch her back..... This is Thailand.

Nothing here to incriminate these guards.... simply doing their jobs at the most sensitive time and sensitive place where attacks and murders were at their peak. They seemed to handle her much the same as shop staff would handle you if suspected of shoplifting.. I see no more than 'reasonable force'. It was reported by witnesses that she struggled with the guards, and so they used 'reasonable force'.

Of all the skin care shops in BKK, she had to into one in the heart of a protest site, at the most critically sensitive time, and called reporters in advance....... Lol....... silly girl.

By the time her case comes to court, there will be no PTP control, it will be thrown out and she could find herself convicted of deliberately causing the situation.

Tthe ultimate 'blame the victim' post.

Maybe she went to that particular skin care clinic because she's been there previously and they have records of past treatment and needed a follow-up session. Who knows?

So the guards job was to abduct and assault passing females? Man, you're really out there!

She's lucky she didn't end up bound and thrown in the Bang Pakong river like that red shirt guy kidnapped at Lumpini Park.

Your defense of armed thugs roughing up an innocent woman is astounding.

And bringing up the incident where children were killed at an anti-government rally is rather despicable.

I think the guards job was to let her to safety.

Bloody animals takes all these thugs to capture, assault and intimidate one little woman. These people are nothing more than thugs. If it took all these to handle a woman how many did it take to beat the guy and toss him into the river.

Assault??!!! Who said assault? I just read chased and detained her... you are making this a bigger deal than it is....

I'm against attacking and assaulting anyone but you are reading way too much into this..

rolleyes.gif

Yes

Yes

using 'Thai way' as an excuse for bullying and harassment... pathetic

I am not making excuses for anyone but I do think based on your comment you do need to get out more. Are you a Thai citizen or just a guest in this country like most of us in TV? IMO you surely do not understand anything about the Thai people? Do you even live here?

Bloody animals takes all these thugs to capture, assault and intimidate one little woman. These people are nothing more than thugs. If it took all these to handle a woman how many did it take to beat the guy and toss him into the river.

See my reply to Commie Joe. I do not think all reds applaud murdering children. Please offer the democracy protesters the same courtesy. Do you intimate that all democracy protesters are violent thugs, because some of your colleagues are of that opinion. Or do you refer to just the few who may act outside their authority? Please carefully decide before you answer because your reputation for fairness and even application of laws is at stake.

Edited by The Deerhunter

I guess chotthee means 'to lead her to safety'.

If 'leading someone to safety' involves chasing them down, assaulting them, detaining them against their will, interrogating them for hours before eventually releasing them, then you and I have a very different understanding of the meaning of that phrase.

Suzuki GSX-R1000 L3 182 hp in-line 4 Superbike

Edited by H1w4yR1da
  • Like 1