Norwegian guy sleeping outside MBK?

Display

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seen him again this even while I was meeting my GF carrying an old teddy bear for a pillow and some other homeless Thai directing him away from MBK.

He is now sleeping under the BTS national stadium across from the National Stadium Gates, and across from the Pink Pzssy shop in the island area in the middle of Phayathai Road, you cant miss him if any Norwegian people want to find him.

My girlfriend gave him some small money but thinks he's crazy and doesn't want to go home as MBK staff brought him to the Embassey and later on that day he returned to MBK. There opinion of him has changed for sure.

Also he told me he was going home on the 21st of this month but I don't think so.

Edited by Display

dont need help..just get the immigration to deport him...no passport..no visa...deport back to norway to take care of him...problem solved

Who pays for the airfare? One of the reasons police ignore such people is that there is nothing they can do with them other than put them in jail if relatives, embassy, friends won't pay for the trip back home. That seems a practical approach. Can you imagine the posts on a thai Visa if they just put them in police cells?

Every morning when I walk along the beach in Pattaya I see farang who have slept there. What reasonable action can the police take other than to ignore them as their families, embassies, friends have done?

Edited by Suradit69

No one who is a foreign national need to be sleeping on the streets of Thailand, Only if they have mental health issues. 99% are there from choice, i do not pity them , I pity the poor Thai people who have nothing through their Countrys , Beliefs and politics.

At the end of the day, we are all People, ... from wherever we come from, and sometimes we do need some help..

I always say, ''We never know whats around the corner''.. , next week it could be you or me ??

Thats how i look at it..

Lending a hand to someone is not a crime, its from the ''Heart''...

As for the ''Thai'' people, i would not know where to start about that, its all about Corruption and always has been.. sad i know...

As i have posted 99% are here from choice, So as for Thai people you don't care that they are being exploited.in there own country, while people who fly to Thailand and live of the streets should be pitied. they came by choice many Thai people don't have that luxury.

I had to sleep rough on the streets of Bangkok for 2 nights and it was quite an experience.

Waited far too long to put in a big invoice and mistakely expected it to be paid straight away.

Luckily I sold something from my website and had enough to pay for room and food until my invoice was paid.

Now I always put them in early lol

I learned sleeping rough in BKK isn't so bad. There is free drinking water and a shower in Lumpini park costs about 5bht. Noodle soup to eat is also very cheap if you're starving.

If this guy has to be fed he must have absolutely nothing to his name.

I hope he manages to sort himself out and the best place to do it is probably back home.

dont need help..just get the immigration to deport him...no passport..no visa...deport back to norway to take care of him...problem solved

Who is going to pay his flight home certainly not immigration.

He's Scandinavian.

Norway will probably send 6 blonde models to pick him up along with back payment of his welfare check worth about $4 Million.

• Like 1

if he is getting a pension why is he broke and sleeping in the street, a pension would more than support him in Thailand. I think there is a lot more to this somehow, what is he doing with the money anyway if not using it to support himself and if he doesnt have a passport why is he not being arrested by the police for not having a passport/visa.

The OP said that he was robbed of money & his passport. Another passport now in the wrong hands.

Very astute. Thousands of passports go missing or stolen each year, and now you are sure that since two were used on a flight, it is all about terrorists. Talk about blowing things out of proportion.

Who pays for the airfare? One of the reasons police ignore such people is that there is nothing they can do with them other than put them in jail if relatives, embassy, friends won't pay for the trip back home. That seems a practical approach. Can you imagine the posts on a thai Visa if they just put them in police cells?

Every morning when I walk along the beach in Pattaya I see farang who have slept there. What reasonable action can the police take other than to ignore them as their families, embassies, friends have done?

Only reason they can't put them in jail is there isn't anyone to pay for their care, relatives have to provide food just like hospitals, the army etc.

Believe me the Norwegian embassy would fly him home if he wanted to go no problem, he's obviously here by choice or actually in legal trouble with his own government - excuse me if that's already been covered.

Sometimes people slip through the gaps of society but in Thailand this kind of problem for foreigners seems common.

I have been to a few cases like this and the embassies say they can't help because he has not been arrested or committed.

Finally after talking to one very elderly, gentlemanly English guy a few times, and having no luck with the Embassy, I asked him, do you want to go home? He said yes, that would be lovely thank you. So I had him committed (which was easy to do since he did have some serious mental disorders) and then called the embassy again and told them where he was and to make sure he gets home.

Anyway, if you have no success and are desperate, PM me, and we can see what we can do.

I really think Thailand or the embassies should have a service (or combined service) for people like this. Was there not talk of one some time ago? Perhaps someone could start an online petition for it? :)

He's most likely not in a normal state of mind. Someone needs to notify the Norwegian Embassy with a smartphone pic of him. Kindness by giving him money will only prolong his suffering at the hands of mozzies and possibly other various non-hygienic diseases. He needs psychiatric help and a ticket back to Norway.

Edited by smileydude

i have read recently that if you get into the homeless cycle that after 3 months you do not want anything else. Think about it. No boss. No bills. Lots of people to meet. Lots of people give you gifts such as cigarettes. Carefree lifestyle. If you are careful there is no bureaucracy. Best advice . Leave the poor fellow be. He has chosen this.

if he is getting a pension why is he broke and sleeping in the street, a pension would more than support him in Thailand. I think there is a lot more to this somehow, what is he doing with the money anyway if not using it to support himself and if he doesnt have a passport why is he not being arrested by the police for not having a passport/visa.

Arrest him? Why don't you rat him out to the police?

Some of the awful people on TV are appalling. Failed human beings. Homeless people deserve our compassion, not getting locked up in a prison cage.

can you understand english at all, I said if he has no passport WHY hasnt he been arrested as it is illegal to be here with a passport and visa. There is a chance he still has it but finds it easier to get people to feel sorry for him when he says it was stolen. Try thinking rationally, there are farangs that do this for a living, if he has been to his emabassy there is a good chance that they would help him, again why havent they. Has he reported this to them at all, the story just doesnt make sense and sounds wrong, you need to put your brain into gear first so that you understand what is being said instead of simply jumping to conclussions and putting your foot in your mouth.

"it is illegal to be here with a passport and visa" ... Your English makes no sense. Anyway, whose business is it to harass and prosecute homeless people? Not ours. Let the authorities choose how to deal with this poor Norwegian.

"there are farangs that do this for a living" ... Fine with me. No homeless person has ever caused me any harm and I'm not going to rat this guy out to the cops. Living a homeless life, baked by the hot sun, eaten alive by mosquitos and bullied by farangs who won't mind their own business is not an attractive way to live. Homeless people have enough problems to deal with already and deserve our compassion.

• Like 2

After a bit of searching, with great help of the security guards around MBK and National Stadium, I found the guy. He was wandering around, looking pretty lost. He said he couldn't sleep much, coz of traffic, noise and so on. No money or ID. Seemed like the people around kept him well fed at least. He had been to the Norwegian embassy, ordered a passport and they had helped him with contacting his bank, so he could get a new ATM card. But that would take another week or so. Except from that, seemed like the embassy didn't provide any help. So I checked him into cheap hotel around there, gave him some pocket money, and said I will be back in a couple of days. He said it was "a miracle".

Feel sorry for the guy. He had little or no family it seemed like, and some he tried to tell a story of some "friends", that seemed like the just used him for his monthly pay check. He also said he had been travelling around SE for about a year. Well, I think he'll be back on his feet after a couple of good nights sleep smile.png

well done, can we have an update in a few days please.

• Like 2

After a bit of searching, with great help of the security guards around MBK and National Stadium, I found the guy. He was wandering around, looking pretty lost. He said he couldn't sleep much, coz of traffic, noise and so on. No money or ID. Seemed like the people around kept him well fed at least. He had been to the Norwegian embassy, ordered a passport and they had helped him with contacting his bank, so he could get a new ATM card. But that would take another week or so. Except from that, seemed like the embassy didn't provide any help. So I checked him into cheap hotel around there, gave him some pocket money, and said I will be back in a couple of days. He said it was "a miracle".

Feel sorry for the guy. He had little or no family it seemed like, and some he tried to tell a story of some "friends", that seemed like the just used him for his monthly pay check. He also said he had been travelling around SE for about a year. Well, I think he'll be back on his feet after a couple of good nights sleep smile.png

Great work, Well done for helping him out, he will definitely sleep well tonight.

There also has been a Dutch guy who always sit at the flyovers around Central World. He had a sign and begged for 500 baht to fly home.

Later it came out he has a social security income and when he flew home he immediatly came back to sit there begging to other foreigners.

Everything is possible....

I wish I knew where he can get a flight for 500 baht. I'd do a return every month. My mate responded to a junkie Beggar in Edinburgh, who asked "spare 5p for a Coffee please" his reaction "there's 10p - get me one as well". Coffee was about 40p a cup then.

Only reason they can't put them in jail is there isn't anyone to pay for their care, relatives have to provide food just like hospitals, the army etc.

Believe me the Norwegian embassy would fly him home if he wanted to go no problem, he's obviously here by choice or actually in legal trouble with his own government - excuse me if that's already been covered.

I'm not that sure the Norwegian government wants to provide ticket home for every person who find themselves in lack of money in a foreign country.

Sent from my HTC One using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I was walking by the BTS station last night and didn't see him sleeping there,

taught maybe someone has helped him out.

I was pleased to get your message last night and happy that he is safe and sound. He seems like a descent nice fellow and not the type to be sleeping on Bangkok streets especially in the middle of that road as it quite dangerous even to cross that road at times, very busy with traffic.

Understand that he probable hasn't got much family in a time of need, especially after been robbed of Id and wallet, the people that robbed him don't know the problem's they have cause this guy. Like why take someone passport?

I hope karma will reward you and you can hold your head high today for sure.

wai.gif

• Like 1

Why would police arrest someone with no money?

Why would police arrest someone with no money?

As I said seajae he was robbed of his money, bank card, I.D and passport which cause him to end up in this situation,

In my country the police help you if your robbed not arrest you?

Anyway its good to see there are good people like mortenaa that would help a fellow countryman, thousands of miles away from home.

Like why take someone passport?

You must be joking, especially a top one like Norway. I know a guy got USD $10,000 for his, just had to promise not to report it stolen for three months.

Can steal a Boeing 777 for a start 8-)

I'm not that sure the Norwegian government wants to provide ticket home for every person who find themselves in lack of money in a foreign country.

No government would do it for everyone.

Norway's more likely to do it for a higher percentage of their citizens than most.

With them it may even be a grant rather than a loan, the US definitely makes it punitively expensive to discourage scammers.

"Can steal a Boeing 777 for a start 8-)"

Cant see a Thai from Koh San Rd doing this? maybe if he sold it off but no good to them if reported, too much of a risk.

If you know where on the internet you can buy a passport online for the states for 10,000 Dollars. Easily...

I am getting so sick of these fake "someone robbed my money and passport" stories from farangs.

This first 6 months I travelled, I heard the same story 10 times. "Tuk tuk drove off with my laptop and credit cards", "I was at soi cowboy got a little drunk and someone took my wallet". Can u please help me so I can call my family to send me money"

One English goof got mad at me at subway on sukhumvit road because I didn't give in to his BS story. Called me '<deleted>' (in his embarassing English accent), made a big scene, embarrassed himself (as all Englishman do anytime they speak), then left.

They are all nothing but scammers, trying to earn 1 more day away from home with pity from people who believe their lies.

So what country do you come from, where everyone is perfect?

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I am getting so sick of these fake "someone robbed my money and passport" stories from farangs.
This first 6 months I travelled, I heard the same story 10 times. "Tuk tuk drove off with my laptop and credit cards", "I was at soi cowboy got a little drunk and someone took my wallet". Can u please help me so I can call my family to send me money"

One English goof got mad at me at subway on sukhumvit road because I didn't give in to his BS story. Called me '<deleted>' (in his embarassing English accent), made a big scene, embarrassed himself (as all Englishman do anytime they speak), then left.

They are all nothing but scammers, trying to earn 1 more day away from home with pity from people who believe their lies.

you realy are a c0ck , and need a good slap ....

I'm first....