Haircut

farang1979

Just coming back to this. I would highly recommend Easy Cuts to anyone in need of a trim. You pay 100 baht to a ticket machine wait for the next stylist and go into a booth where they cut your hair. I had one of the best (and sorely needed) haircuts I have ever had for a fraction of the price I would have paid in the UK and with a very professional and courteous service. Walk past Asok on the right hand side til you see the MRT on the left hand side and then go left into like a mall and you'll come across it. Big thumbs up! smile.png

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

I believe the place you're talking about is one level below ground, after you've gone down the escalators into the MRT Sukhumvit Station from the entrance coming out of the adjoining BTS Asoke station.

It's the retail area called something like "Metro Mall" or similar. You go down the escalator entrace that's near the Pala Pizza shop there on the ground level, and the retail area is to the left.

• 3 weeks later...

The wife and I stopped by the Easy Cut shop in the Metro Mall underground at the MRT Sukhumvit Station yesterday for the first time. We each had our hair cut, 100 baht a piece, and they did a quite decent job on my shorter hair and my wife's thicker, long hair.

On a weeknight at the dinner hour, they had 5 staff working out of six available work stations, and we were 6 or 7 down in the queue when we arrived. We had to wait about 10 minutes, and then each of our haircuts took less than 10 minutes. The staff there seem quite efficient, but they don't seem like they're rushing, and you don't feel you're being rushed.

Basically, you insert a 100 baht note into their ticketing machine, and it spits out a paper ticket with a number on it at the bottom, in our case, 3000 something. The hair cutters then call out the next number up (the last two digits like 27 and 28) in Thai whenever once of them has an opening. The wife and I both agreed we'd be willing to go back there again.

post-58284-0-34754100-1397830244_thumb.j post-58284-0-11236100-1397830246_thumb.j

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 2

Just because someone is good at cutting one style doesn't mean they are good at cutting all styles. Price is is only related to the cost of the shop's real estate. Getting a hair cut is the same as buying a bottle of wine. You don't know until you try.

A picture is the best possible solution.

Next would be to make some drawings on your head, some lines and arrows. If you want your hair over your ears, draw the line on your ear where the hair should reach. Don't forget to do both ears.

This is good advice. To start with, bring a picture and also explain, two or three times. And don't make assumptions. Yes, you say you want to keep the side burn, but if you point out just one side, they may cut the side burn off on the other side as you didn't say. And if you say trim, they may forget the back or just trim the front and one side, unless you say explicitly that you want an all round trim. And be careful about specifying how much you want cut. I show using my fingers, meaning they are to cut the length in between my fingers. But you have to explain its the space in between the fingers, not the space in between plus each of the two fingers. And you can't say, cut 1cm for example, because they may not know what 1cm is...they may the cut 3cm because for many people, 1cm isn't 1cm, its a bit and a bit in their mind could be anything.

Think this a joke? Think Im going too far? Well, I have learned its not going too far, not only in Thailand but the world over. In fact I quite like the way they do it in Thailand, they are much better than other local countries where I have come to believe they deliberately cut my hair badly, for some reason and perhaps laugh after I've left.

By the way, do you tip?

• Like 1

I've had the most consistently good haircuts at Easy Cut. Mine is a No. 3 all round, then the cutter knows to trim the sides closer, edge the hair, touch up here and there. They seem to know what they're doing. It's not always perfect but always good enough

If you are really picky, go to a full on salon with western clients. But really, even then I've had horrific cuts for 250 to 350 baht. It's really a flip of the coin, but it usually comes up heads at Easy Cut. BTW, I've no relationship whatsoever with that chain.

I've had the most consistently good haircuts at Easy Cut. Mine is a No. 3 all round, then the cutter knows to trim the sides closer, edge the hair, touch up here and there. They seem to know what they're doing. It's not always perfect but always good enough

If you are really picky, go to a full on salon with western clients. But really, even then I've had horrific cuts for 250 to 350 baht. It's really a flip of the coin, but it usually comes up heads at Easy Cut. BTW, I've no relationship whatsoever with that chain.

I go there every time I visit Thailand even if I have to let it grow for months!

Only place I have ever been where they vacuum up the bristles instead of blasting them down your shirt. Luxury!

• Like 1