Free Mcmuffins On Monday

jackvale

Surprising that people eat such crap...

Eggs and cheese on bread with ham or sausage. People have been eating such "crap" for centuries. rolleyes.gif

Agreed. If you get the canadian bacon instead of the sausage, its one of the better things on their horrible menu. Period.

Its a little bread, some meat thats not too bad for you, and some fake cheese, thats, um, fake. Fake cheese aside, not too bad.

All things in moderation.....

Eggs and cheese on bread with ham or sausage. People have been eating such "crap" for centuries. rolleyes.gif

Agreed. If you get the canadian bacon instead of the sausage, its one of the better things on their horrible menu. Period.

Its a little bread, some meat thats not too bad for you, and some fake cheese, thats, um, fake. Fake cheese aside, not too bad.

I don't mind fake cheese on burgers, grilled cheese sandwiches, macaroni and cheese, hot dogs or cheesesteak sandwiches. That is traditional. A soufflé, fondue or a Croque-Monsieur is a different story.

• Like 1

I don't mind fake cheese on burgers, grilled cheese sandwiches, macaroni and cheese, hot dogs or cheesesteak sandwiches. That is traditional. A soufflé, fondue or a Croque-Monsieur is a different story.

Agreed. I was just covering my bases unless someone assailed a little slice of cheese.

One thing I like about one of the best restaurants in Chiang Mai is that the owner and head cook serves all kinds of unusual and gourmet foods and really excellent baked goods, but he also likes McDonald's every once in while. Nothing pretentious about that guy. wink.png

One thing I like about one of the best restaurants in Chiang Mai is that the owner and head cook serves all kinds of unusual and gourmet foods and really excellent baked goods, but he also likes McDonald's every once in while. Nothing pretentious about that guy. wink.png

I don't pretend to hate McCrap.

They are honoring this deal in Chiang Mai. However, the line is out the door and very slow. I will pay for a bagel with cream cheese elsewhere.

Wow you actually have a shop serving bagels and smears there in CM, lucky you! I'm still waiting for Noah's, Brother's, or anyone to open a bagel chain in Thailand!

I think that it says just the first 1,000 people. No doubt, either it does not apply to Chiang Mai or I will be 1,001. I have to admit that I really like Egg McMuffins, but try not to eat them too often.

Agreed...sometimes McDonald's is just the thing. But I liked the breakfast sandwiches better when they were served on biscuits... The English muffins are often very dry.

Agreed...sometimes McDonald's is just the thing. But I liked the breakfast sandwiches better when they were served on biscuits...

I must have missed that. When I lived in America they were on English muffins and they only started serving breakfasts in McDonald's in Thailand a few years ago. Maybe it happened in between.

I REALLY miss good buttermilk biscuits. Popeye's in Bangkok had them back in 1997, but they shut down when the baht went crazy. I know there is one somewhere in Thailand that opened up fairly recently, but it is nowhere near me.

We have a few places in Chiang Mai with decent bagels. My current favorite is the Bagel Cafe in the old city, partially because the girls that work there are so cute nice.

Edited by Ulysses G.

Agreed...sometimes McDonald's is just the thing. But I liked the breakfast sandwiches better when they were served on biscuits...

I must have missed that. When I lived in America they were on English muffins and they only started serving breakfasts in McDonald's in Thailand a few years ago. Maybe it happened in between.

I REALLY miss good buttermilk biscuits. Popeye's in Bangkok had them back in 1997, but they shut down when the baht went crazy. I know there is one somewhere in Thailand that opened up fairly recently, but it is nowhere near me.

We have a few places in Chiang Mai with decent bagels. My current favorite is the Bagel Cafe in the old city, partially because the girls that work there are so cute nice.

I think it's been at least 4-5 years now. Anyway, sometimes not bad and convenient. The scrambled egg breakfast is good too and the hash browns you won't at any Thai place. With the McCafes, one can even get a good coffee with one's breakfast.

Pattaya is a real bagel desert. I don't know of any bagel shops per se...just the ones at Au Bon Pain (do like those double-cheese jalapeños however).

I just wish that McDonald's in Thailand had pancakes, like everywhere else. I always looked forward to their breakfasts in more expensive countries as they are tasty enough and quite reasonable. In Chiang Mai, I can usually do better, because I know all the restaurants, but a McMuffin does go down well every once in a while.

Edited by Ulysses G.