Bangkok Civil Court issues injunction to suspend Satish's deportation

webfact

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And that is why these courts are called "user friendly" for one side of the political divide.

It is also why the PAD-Dem's want to obstruct the current election, and by extension avoid the convening of Parliament.

Before such 'user friendly' courts and so-called Independent Agencies, they are not the minority they are in parliament....A minority atributed to their electoral futility.

The more they can excercise Opposition to the Govt. outside Parliament, the more favorable it is to them.

Under normal circumstances, the Opposition would have grilled the Govt. in Parliament, about the deportation of this guy, and one of their brethren-in-arms.

Bottom line IMHO, the obstruction of this election is as much about preventing the convening of Parliament, is it is their fear of electoral results.

That's your interpretation of events.

The fact of the matter is this deportation was vindictive and politically motivated. Satish didn't do anything illegal. Did he take over the government buildings? Did he fight the police? Did he blow anything up? No. All he did was go on stage to join the protest against this crap government. Since when is protest illegal? For that, Chlalerm decided to deport him. You red sympathizers always cry that the courts are against this government. How about the fact that this government did something wrong and the courts are doing the right thing.

Nieve or stupid, maybe both! Wait until you cross the wrong Thai. The law comes down on you pretty quick.

And that is why these courts are called "user friendly" for one side of the political divide.

It is also why the PAD-Dem's want to obstruct the current election, and by extension avoid the convening of Parliament.

Before such 'user friendly' courts and so-called Independent Agencies, they are not the minority they are in parliament....A minority atributed to their electoral futility.........In essence, exercising Opposition outside the Electoral Democratic system of governance.

The more they can excercise Opposition to the Govt. outside Parliament, the more favorable it is to them.

Under normal circumstances, the Opposition would have grilled the Govt. in Parliament, about the deportation of this guy, and one of their brethren-in-arms.

Bottom line IMHO, the obstruction of this election is as much about preventing the convening of Parliament, is it is their fear of electoral results.

Surprised that someone from Fryslân is standing behind a political party that is attracting negative attention from the World Bank, IMF etc due to the lost billions (U.S Dollar, not baht) from disastrous Rice Pledging debacle...... would you be happy to see the PTP run your country (into the ground) ?

Lemonjelly, if that would be possible, I would cheer them to ruin that piece north of my country, where they have no economy, just cows and want to speak their own language.

Looks like red land but without ear drops and a rice sceme which we can scam

Edited by Bangmod

Court protects Satish from eviction

BANGKOK, 15 March 2014 (NNT) – The Civil Court has issued a temporary injunction for Indian business tycoon and activist Satish Sehgal against the deportation order signed by the Center for Maintaining Peace and Order (CMPO).

Mr Satish’s brother, Arthit Sehgal, today represented him in filing a lawsuit with the Civil Court against government authorities involved in the issuance of a CMPO order to revoke Mr Satish’s residency in Thailand. The authorities consist of Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra, CMPO Director Chalerm Yubamrung and members of the immigration committee.

The motion called for the judges to convene an urgent hearing in a bid to deliberate whether the CMPO order should be withdrawn and whether Mr Satish should be protected from being expelled from the kingdom.

The court agreed to open an urgent hearing as requested and two witnesses on the plaintiff’s side were summoned for testimony. At the end, the court issued a temporary injunction for Mr Satish, prohibiting the defendants from arresting or deporting the business mogul until further ruling.

The court scheduled the next hearing on the case for May 26 at 9 am.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2014-03-15 footer_n.gif

Can anyone tell me a country that would deport someone while the decision was being appealed?

Sent from my phone ...

Complicated issue because he is a PR not a citizen.

A PR may or may not get right of appeal. The guy who buzzed the boat race a fee years ago got away with it.on appeal. Apparently though this bloke is accused of sedition.

He might thank himself not up for capital punishment. Lol

It's as clear as the nose on your face there's a silent Judicial Coup underway, and has been for several weeks now, and this is from an outsider with no affiliation to the Yellows or the Reds.

How can you say "and this is from an outsider with no affiliation to the Yellows or the Reds" when every post you make is bias towards the reds and every like you give is to a red supporter. I think it is clear which side you support.

His feigned impartiality is laughable.

:cheesy:

• Like 1

Can anyone tell me a country that would deport someone while the decision was being appealed?

Sent from my phone ...

A PR may or may not get right of appeal. The guy who buzzed the boat race a fee years ago got away with it.on appeal. Apparently though this bloke is accused of sedition.

He might thank himself not up for capital punishment.

Absurd.

If he was truly up on sedition charges, they wouldn't merely deport him.

:rolleyes:

Sent from my phone ...

Citizenship has nothing to do with it. If he was a Thai citizen, he wouldn't be deported.

Sent from my phone ...

Absurd.

http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/civil-court-conduct-enquiry-satish-sehgals-deportation/

"Since Mr.Satish was charged with sedition"

Google is your friend. Absurd indeed.

Sent from my phone ...

Citizenship has nothing to do with it. If he was a Thai citizen, he wouldn't be deported.

Well he was a PR in the uk, and he came within a whisker of being deported for messing with the boat race. He got away with it because he was married.

No Satish isn't a thai citizen, so he can be deported and it would appear because of the sedition charge, the standard fare is to deport him...imagine what to do with him if his appeal fails.

What punishment for sedition charges for a foreigner. Strewth.

Sent from my phone ...

Absurd.

http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/civil-court-conduct-enquiry-satish-sehgals-deportation/

"Since Mr.Satish was charged with sedition"

If true, it makes the deportation order even more ridiculous.

Rather than pursue a death penalty case, Chalerm would prefer deporting someone?

A clown show if anyone believes that to be the case.

It is only fair that he has an opportunity to give his side of the story in a legal setting. I don't see the problem with him being allowed to stay until his actions have been judged properly, with all the balanced evidence and views put forward.

I say that while I still believe that non-citizens do not have the right to engage in overthrow movements which seek to dismantle current political systems such as democratic voting and replace them with an unelected ruling group. This is a major structural change and can be disastrous - as history shows us. If citizens want to engage in this, then that is their right, but this is too big of an issue for foreigners to get involved in - especially after being ordered to avoid the entire situation by the Government. I also feel it was inappropriate of him to bring the name of the most illustrious person into the argument. I feel he was way out of line to join this movement, and has been disrespectful after the protests too.

But I totally believe he should have a full legal opportunity to defend his actions, prior to whatever action is taken. I do feel however, that if it had been a mere commoner like myself on stage calling for shutting down the voting system, and I gave public support to the blocking of Thai citizens from voting in their own nation, I would have been put on the first flight back to Europe, my feet wouldn't have touched the ground.

coffee1.gif

Edited by Yunla
  • Like 1

funny that one of the institutions most in need of "Reform" engages in such outright political acts

judicial coup

The only thing that needs reform, is your opinion on things cheesy.gif

haha good morning

well you will need to include millions of Thai voters in your 're-education camps' cheesy.gif in fact the vast majority - you don't live in North Korea do you? coffee1.gif

It is only fair that he has an opportunity to give his side of the story in a legal setting. I don't see the problem with him being allowed to stay until his actions have been judged properly, with all the balanced evidence and views put forward.

I say that while I still believe that non-citizens do not have the right to engage in overthrow movements which seek to dismantle current political systems such as democratic voting and replace them with an unelected ruling group. This is a major structural change and can be disastrous - as history shows us. If citizens want to engage in this, then that is their right, but this is too big of an issue for foreigners to get involved in - especially after being ordered to avoid the entire situation by the Government. I also feel it was inappropriate of him to bring the name of the most illustrious person into the argument. I feel he was way out of line to join this movement, and has been disrespectful after the protests too.

But I totally believe he should have a full legal opportunity to defend his actions, prior to whatever action is taken. I do feel however, that if it had been a mere commoner like myself on stage calling for shutting down the voting system, and I gave public support to the blocking of Thai citizens from voting in their own nation, I would have been put on the first flight back to Europe, my feet wouldn't have touched the ground.

coffee1.gif

Yunla I don't disagree and believe all would agree that, normally, the legal setting is EXACTLY where this should be and he has every right etc. etc.

my only caveat is the general lack of trust of just about everyone I know in Thailand regarding impartiality - particularly without political bias

Edited by binjalin

It's as clear as the nose on your face there's a silent Judicial Coup underway, and has been for several weeks now, and this is from an outsider with no affiliation to the Yellows or the Reds.

How can you say "and this is from an outsider with no affiliation to the Yellows or the Reds" when every post you make is bias towards the reds and every like you give is to a red supporter. I think it is clear which side you support.

Nope, I think both need a right good boot to the <deleted>, I post more when I see the tit for tats between TVF members it's like a tennis match with accusations and counter accusations and then typically one calls one leader a criminal fugitive and the other is called a fascist,and one calls one set thugs, and the other says well you burned down Bangkok and one calls one side buffaloes and the other counters about Thai Elite..

If the forum members can't agree on basic principles and twist everything to sit their train of thought, then what chance do the ties have?? None

They're like all behaving like spoil t little children, who are constantly spitting dummies out of prams, and all the whilst the status quo remains. Yes Reformation i needed, but not on one party's account of it, BOTH sides need to sit down and start acting like they have the interest of ALL the Thai people at heart, and not their various cliques, Thaksin is a Dick, as is Suthep, as in Chalerm as is Buhdda Issara.. Yingluck, well.. she was always out of her depth, and I'm willing to bet deep down she wants to get out of this circus, and get back to being a mother, and shopper!!

Agree with you. Both parties are pretty bad. But what you call "yellow" supporters here on TVF are mostly people against Thaksin, and the current government. Not really supporters of the Dems. And for sure not supporters of Suthep. IMHO.

I disagree. The yellow posters here like to present themselves as being against corruption and in favour of reform, but when you press them it's not long before their true beliefs come to the surface. Many of them have a racist distain for rural Thais, and believe they're too stupid to vote. The clique we call 'yellow supporters' here were unanimously opposed to letting the Thai people have their say on Feb. 2nd.

I disagree. The yellow posters here like to present themselves as being against corruption and in favour of reform, but when you press them it's not long before their true beliefs come to the surface. Many of them have a racist distain for rural Thais, and believe they're too stupid to vote. The clique we call 'yellow supporters' here were unanimously opposed to letting the Thai people have their say on Feb. 2nd.

And there I was thinking that you red shirt and Thaksin supporters clique had put me in the "yellow supporters" clique. Glad to know that you haven't.

Edited by whybother

I don't agree with Satish's involvement with anti-government protests given that its by the permission of the government that he has resided in Thailand. However, suspension of his deportation based on his pending appeal to the King seems just a reasonable judicial procedure. To deport him before a decision by the King would be an affront to the King's authority and by the Court's suspension, the government saves face by TEMPORARILY removing responsibility for delaying the deportation. Of course there is no legislative or judicial deadline for the King to make any decision, maybe next year? The larger question is wjether Satish in the interim can continue his anti-government activities or should that also be suspened? I think the latter.

Seems like the courts and judges are the only people in Thailand

with common sense.

regards Worgeordie

Agreed Worgeordie.

There always seems to be a good supply of conspiracy theorists. The nattering nabobs of negativism (Thanks Spiro Agnew) are also unbundant.

Me: Nice weather today.

Negative types: Yes, but it may rained last week.

Me: Glad the cops caught bank robber

Negative types: The banks are crooks. Look at the fees they charge.

Me: Glad the guy an injunction so he can have his day in court.

Negative types: He has money and is getting special treatment. Did you see how much in taxes I paid?

Me: That's all I have to say about any of this.

Negative types: You should never have been born. :)

• Like 1

The fact of the matter is this deportation was vindictive and politically motivated. Satish didn't do anything illegal. Did he take over the government buildings? Did he fight the police? Did he blow anything up? No. All he did was go on stage to join the protest against this crap government. Since when is protest illegal? For that, Chlalerm decided to deport him. You red sympathizers always cry that the courts are against this government. How about the fact that this government did something wrong and the courts are doing the right thing.

As a visa holder/work permit holder in this country, he shouldnt have been on the stage protesting anything... sorry!

I agree the action by the government was politically motivated, he was a soft target, and easy win for them (or so they thought)

Either way, right or wrong, as a guest/alien in this country he shouldnt have been on stage protesting about the government... stick to forums like the rest of us ex-pats have to do.

He doesn't hold a visa, the guy is/was a permanent resident, he isn't an expat, he is legal immigrant in Thailand

Further doing what people do on these forums is no different from what this guy has been accused of, if it suited the thai government and they could track people down making certain comments one suspects there would be a significant increase in the number of farangs being deported

• Like 2

Sent from my phone ...

A PR can't be deported from a country they are legally resident in order for a"PR" to be deported the person's PR is revoked before they are deported, therefore person is not a PR when they are deported

Credit where its due.

I told you weeks ago that money had changed hands and this guy was going nowhere.

That info came from top Indian businessman in BKK.

Trust me next time :)

Good call. Did your source say how much it cost Mr Satish?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

• Like 1

Before such 'user friendly' courts and so-called Independent Agencies, they are not the minority they are in parliament....A minority atributed to their electoral futility.

Non Thai citizens were warned not to take part in political demonstrations, Satish is NOT a Thai citizen.

I understand he HAD PR, has this been revoked, or has he paid a large amount of tea money?

Edited by John1012
  • Like 1

with common sense.

regards Worgeordie

You mean, like the other day when they sentenced the CM politician to 5 years in jail for election fraud, and then cut the sentence in half for her prior "good works" and then further reduced the sentence to probation only and a ban on future candidacy, as best as I could read.

Or, the other day when a court dismissed criminal charges against a police officer for allegedly having molested a minor female while in his custody at a police station.

Or when the courts repeatedly have given bail to various authority types AFTER they have already been convicted of murder.

Or when authority types facing serious charges who clearly have substantial financial means to flee are let out on bail without even their passports being confiscated.

Don't get me wrong. An independent and honest judiciary is important to Thailand and every country. But let's not get carried away with praise here.

• Like 2

with common sense.

regards Worgeordie

You mean, like the other day when they sentenced the CM politician to 5 years in jail for election fraud, and then cut the sentence in half for her prior "good works" and then further reduced the sentence to probation only and a ban on future candidacy, as best as I could read.

Or, the other day when a court dismissed criminal charges against a police officer for allegedly having molested a minor female while in his custody at a police station.

Or when the courts repeatedly have given bail to various authority types AFTER they have already been convicted of murder.

Or when authority types facing serious charges who clearly have substantial financial means to flee are let out on bail without even their passports being confiscated.

Don't get me wrong. An independent and honest judiciary is important to Thailand and every country. But let's not get carried away with praise here.

Plus there was not very long ago some police convicted of murder in Kalasin during Thaksin's so-called drug war and given bail.

Yes, but there is a difference between judges being soft on punishment and being biased or corrupt. It is the latter that some of the most vocal red shirt acolytes are accusing the courts of.

Whenever a court gives a decision favourable to non-PTP/red shirts, it is accused of bias. But total silence or praise is the norm when a court favours the other side: e.g. recent decision by the Admin Court against Abhisit.

Satish deserves his day in court and no perverter of justice should have the power to make a decision in this case.

Sent from my phone ...

A PR can't be deported from a country they are legally resident in order for a"PR" to be deported the person's PR is revoked before they are deported, therefore person is not a PR when they are deported

Want to split that hair a bit more....