How many time In one day PayPal change the exchange rates ?

After analyzing long time I find out that PayPal change the exchange rate more then one time a day

I ask the hotline when exactly, but also cannot aswer or not want aswer my question!

On the Thai visa exchange SMS rates I see nearly 6 h before when euro go down or up , a good indicator!

With pp I make this test sending 100€ to this account in Thai thb, 3 days later euro go up little bit , I send same amount back to. My eu PayPal !

Thinking I could win some cent in this test when exchange rate go up in the meantime, but I was wrong I don't win anything got exactly same amount back!

Now we must find out together what time maybe 4 times daily

Per the PayPal website, it changes twice a day. See this PayPal Link and quote below. When during they day and what time zone reference to use I couldn't say. The PayPal exchange rate sucks (that's where they make their real money via their low exchange rate which is an indirect fee an disguise)....they fool a person by many times not charging a direct fee, but they get you via their low exchange rate.

Where can I find PayPal's currency exchange rates?

Here's how to view our current exchange rate:

1. Log in to your PayPal account.
  2. Click Profile near the top of the page.
  3. Click My money.
  4. Click Currencies next to PayPal balance
  5. Enter the required information under Currency Exchange and click Calculate.
  6. The exchange rate is displayed, and you can review it before you complete your payment.

Here’s how we set our exchange rate:

• We receive a wholesale rate quote from our bank twice a day and add 2.5% to determine the retail foreign exchange rate to apply to transactions that involve a currency conversion.
  • Our currency exchange rates are competitive with conversion rates used by banks and by currency exchanges.
  • When you withdraw money from your PayPal account to your local bank account, we automatically convert the money into the local currency at the time of the withdrawal request.
  • Like 1

Thx for information!

One last questions!

Maybe on higher amounts it could be better let the thaibank let's make the exchange rate not converting money before, but how high the Total amount must be, that the Thai exchange rate including the receiving fees of foreign currency must be, to get a better rate?

Fees for receiving other currency between 350 thb and 500 baht when each pounds or euro has. Loose of nerly 2 baht with bad exchange pp rates , in my callculation every amount over 20000 k pp withdrawal should be the better deal to let make the

Thaibank the exchange rates

And not pp

You get the Thai bank "TT Buying Rate" for incoming wire transfer conversions. Check the bank's website for the daily rate which will usually change several times per day...sometimes many times if the Forex market is having a volatile day. This TT Rate rate will vary slightly (a few stang)among banks. All you need to do now is adjust for any sending and intermediary bank fees, and the Thai bank currency receipt/conversion fee of approximately 0.25% (Bt200 min, Bt500 max).

Sent from my Samsung S4 (GT-I9500)