UK Settlement visa ~ Unmarried Partner

Hello, we're in the process of gathering the documents to apply for an unmarried partner settlement visa. I've been doing a lot of research online, but everyone seems to be married already. Is there anyone out there who has applied/is applying for a settlement visa and is an unmarried partner? It would sure make me a little more confident if I knew that there were more people like us out there, and that your applications were successful.

Edited by Hels812

What exactly are your concerns ? The requirements for an unmarried partner visa are much the same as the requirements for a spouse visa. You will need to provide evidence that you have lived together for two years prior to the application in a relationship akin to a marriage ( basically, living together, and not in different countries). That means that knowing each other for two years, but not living together, does not qualify. The onus is on you to prove the relationship, and that you have been living together for at least two years.. The guidance says :

SET5.12 Assessing whether the relationship has subsisted for two years

‘Living together’, should be applied fairly tightly, with a couple providing evidence that they have been living together in a relationship akin to marriage or civil partnership which has subsisted for two years or more.

Periods apart for up to six months would be acceptable for good reasons, such as work commitments, or looking after a relative as long as:

• it was not possible for the other partner to accompany; and
  • the applicant can show evidence that the relationship continued throughout that period, for example, by visits, letters, logged phone calls.

Tony M

Edited by ThaiVisaExpress

Thanks Tony M, I don't have any specific concerns, i'd just like to hear some success stories! I'm pretty certain that we meet all the requirements, most importantly that we have lived together for the past two years and we meet the financial requirement.

• 3 months later...