TAT unveils new campaign to promote “honeyteering”

webfact

TAT unveils new campaign to promote "honeyteering"

tat.jpg

File photo

BANGKOK, 18 MARCH 2014 (NNT) The Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) has kicked start a new campaign which will specifically attract honeymooners to come to Thailand for volunteering activities, aiming to raise the tourism income to over 1 trillion baht this year.

In an attempt to achieve the target of boosting revenue from foreign tourists by 13% to over 1 trillion baht, TAT Deputy Governor Sukree Sithivanich presided over the launch of a new campaign entitled Honeyteering: We got so much love to give. The campaigns objective is to trigger the honeymoon market by promoting a new traveling trend called honeyteering, in which newly-weds take part in volunteering work while on their honeymoon.

Under a budget of about 10 million baht, the TAT is collaborating with Thai Airways International and hotels in offering volunteering packages to honeymooners as part of this campaign. In the initial stage, the campaign will be carried out in four popular tourist destinations, namely Samui, Phuket, Chiang Mai and Hua Hin.

Public awareness of the campaign is being raised through online media as related information has been made available at www.honeyteeringthailand.com.

The honeymoon market is considered important to the Thai tourism sector due to its high purchasing power and long period of stay. Honeymooners being targeted by this new campaign are those from China, Japan and Europe.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2014-03-18 footer_n.gif

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't you need a Work Permit to volunteer?

I wonder if the TAT will supply this?

That was my immediate thought but maybe it's OK as you are paying for it. Although from what I know of the vague work permit rules here even getting up in the morning or giving directions to the nearest market could be classed as work. I think it's defined as anything that requires effort or the giving of knowledge even if you receive no payment.

Ridiculous!!!

So you think people would want to go on their honeymoon and volunteer for activities - like cleaning up the city? How many of you would plan a romantic honeymoon that included volunteering to help sweep up Sukhumvit and plant flowers under the skytrain in Bangkok? I think not... there is a time and place for everything...

Volunteering is a great idea, but unless you compensate the honeymooners, why in God's name would they mix up one of the most special events in their lives with volunteer work?

Maybe they should volunteer to guard the CMPO office for a week...... so moronic.....

They need to constantly dream up these pet schemes to get a budget.

We all know what they will do with a budget don't we.

Then when that budget has gone, they will come up with another ridiculous campaign to attract the next budget, and we all know what they will do that THAT budget.... don't we.

• Like 2

<shakes head in disbelief>

What planet are these morons on at the TAT? Newly married couples will NOT want to "work" on their honeymoon, and the Work Permit issue is a problem which they won't even have considered.

That's another 10 million baht down the drain (in someone's pocket).

I'm sure there are some that will want to but I'm not sure it will be enough to make much difference or whether they will spend much money if they are doing that.

What planet are these morons on at the TAT? Newly married couples will NOT want to "work" on their honeymoon, and the Work Permit issue is a problem which they won't even have considered.

I'm sure there are some that will want to but I'm not sure it will be enough to make much difference or whether they will spend much money if they are doing that.

While you are sweating under the hot sun working for nothing all day you aren't going to be out seeing the sights and spending money.

• Like 1

This must be about the dumbest project TAT has taken on. Do they even have the slighest clue the purpose for going on a homeymoon? It surely is not to volunteer free work to a third world country. Maybe, just maybe they will attract .01% of the travelling honeymooners to do this. What pray tell gets into the minds of these advertising people for TAT? UNBELIEVABLE

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

While you are sweating under the hot sun working for nothing all day you aren't going to be out seeing the sights and spending money.
There's just nothing like that romantic mood one gets into after digging a well for ten hours.
  • Like 2

The only way I can see them spending much money if only part of the honeymoon is spent volunteering but it's still not going to be much as far as I can see.

What a brilliant and innovative idea!........spend your honeymoon working for free in LOS........maybe clean up Lumpini Park.........keep the good ideas coming TAT.

People the world over will be scrambling to get married to take advantage of this wonderful opportunity.

• Like 2

Simple brains inventing even sillier promotions.....

I can just see it now.....young couple book a resort in Phuket for 5 days of bliss.....the grooms been hangin' out to get his new bride to a hotel......then they have to go and rescue rabid soi dogs in Patong !!

Having never heard of honeyteering, I googled it and there are a few articles and promotions, but from what I saw, the market is absolutely minuscule, as would be expected, making a 10m baht budget to promote this look totally over the top.

Has TAT come up with anything useful since the day someone created the Amazing Thailand campaign? How long ago was that?