Changing from Ed Visa to Non Imm 0 Visa in Vientiane !

I intend to change my Ed Visa to Non Imm O < getting Married! Should I have any issues doing this at Vientiane ? Also does anybody know of a good Visa Agent there, used one last time who was excellent, but have lost his card, I hate queuing, for the few Baht its worth it, I think.

Thanks Guys.

• Like 1

Do you have a ED visa from a embassy or consulate or an extension of stay from immigration.

You can change the reason for your extension to marriage instead of going to school. You don't need to leave the country for a visa.

If you have a ED visa you could also apply for an extension based upon marriage without getting a non-o visa.

Do you have a ED visa from a embassy or consulate or an extension of stay from immigration.

You can change the reason for your extension to marriage instead of going to school. You don't need to leave the country for a visa.

If you have a ED visa you could also apply for an extension based upon marriage without getting a non-o visa.

I got my Ed Visa from Laos last year, have reported twice now, Getting married next month, living in Issan, not going to School now, what to do next?

When does your current extension of stay you got from immigration end.

You can apply for an extension based upon marriage 30 days before your current extension ends. Or you can get letter a from your school stating a date that your enrollment and apply for the extension on that date

You will need 400k baht in a Thai bank for 60 days or have an income of 40k baht to apply for the extension.

After getting Married you can get a Multi Entry Non Imm O Visa from Savanakhet Laos.

You would probably only get a single entry in Vientienne.

That is interesting, what does that cost, and why there and not Vientiane ?

After getting Married you can get a Multi Entry Non Imm O Visa from Savanakhet Laos.

Because that is Vientiane's policy. They don't do multiple entry visas of any kind.

Because that is Vientiane's policy. They don't do multiple entry visas of any kind.

THat is DEAD WRONG advice

I received a double entry visa in ventianne in Jan.

It was easy,

Go an hour and half after opening, on both days, I experienced no waiting the second day when a local told me to go an hour later,

the wait in the morning was neglible

THat is DEAD WRONG advice

I received a double entry visa in ventianne in Jan.

It was easy,

Go an hour and half after opening, on both days, I experienced no waiting the second day when a local told me to go an hour later,

the wait in the morning was neglible

You got a two entry tourist visa which is not a multiple entry non immigrant visa. Tourist visas are not issued as multiple entry anywhere.

Ok, that is confusing.

It is a multipe entry visa, or it is a two entry visa which is not a multiple entry?

I dont mind being wrong, but, does this mean, a mutliple entry visa has no limit, or is just more than 2?

I understand it is not a Non Immigrant O, which, is more than 2 entires? Or exit and entry, not required as often,

still confused

Ok, that is confusing.

It is a multipe entry visa, or it is a two entry visa which is not a multiple entry?

I dont mind being wrong, but, does this mean, a mutliple entry visa has no limit, or is just more than 2?

I understand it is not a Non Immigrant O, which, is more than 2 entires? Or exit and entry, not required as often,

still confused

Multiple entry means there is no limit to the number of entries for one year. Non immigrant visas are issued as single or multiple entries.

Tourist visas are issued by the number of entries you request and pay for with 3 being the maximum.

Ok, that is confusing.

still confused

Multiple entry means there is no limit to the number of entries for one year. Non immigrant visas are issued as single or multiple entries.

Tourist visas are issued by the number of entries you request and pay for with 3 being the maximum.

I received 4 - 30 day tourist Visa's, all 4 at BKK Swannapum airport

and 1 - double entry tourist visa, which was due to be stamped at immigration on the 22nd, but I left instead, and may or not make it back before my 2nd entry expires on April 22nd, so

does that mean, I am already over the limit on tourist Visa's and could possibly be denied entry if someone actually counts them?

and, if I get thru BKK airport, which I imagine i would as they would probably only look at the Kingdom's already approved 2nd entry,

but, would that be my limit?

and, by maximum, is that lifetime, yearly?

consider me, no longer confused, but, now,

very concerned!

Edited by Scarpolo

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Ok, that is confusing.

still confused

and 1 - double entry tourist visa, which was due to be stamped at immigration on the 22nd, but I left instead, and may or not make it back before my 2nd entry expires on April 22nd, so

does that mean, I am already over the limit on tourist Visa's and could possibly be denied entry if someone actually counts them?

and, if I get thru BKK airport, which I imagine i would as they would probably only look at the Kingdom's already approved 2nd entry,

very concerned!

There are no "tourist visas" issued at the airport. The 30 day stay granted is a "visa exempt entry"

There is no theoretical limits to visa exempt entries or tourist visas obtained from a Thai Embassy/Consulate.

From a practical point of view some Thai land borders will restrict the number of visa exempt entries and some Embassy's /Consulates will restrict the number of back to back tourist visas.

The reason for these restrictions is usually associated with officials doubting that an applicant is a genuine tourist.

Ok, that is confusing.

still confused

very concerned!

You do not get tourist visas on entry to the country. You get a 30 day visa exempt and their is no limit on those.

There is no limit on tourist visa entries. The only problem that can arise is when you apply for several back to back tourist visas at the same location. Vientiane is normally 3 or more.

Your 2nd entry from your tourist visa is already gone if you have already used it. What is the enter before date on your visa sticker? That is important not your permit to stay date you got when you used your visa.to enter. If your visa is still valid you can still get your 2nd entry if you have not used it yet.

Ok, that is confusing.

still confused

very concerned!

You do not get tourist visas on entry to the country. You get a 30 day visa exempt and their is no limit on those.

There is no limit on tourist visa entries. The only problem that can arise is when you apply for several back to back tourist visas at the same location. Vientiane is normally 3 or more.

Your 2nd entry from your tourist visa is already gone if you have already used it. What is the enter before date on your visa sticker? That is important not your permit to stay date you got when you used your visa.to enter. If your visa is still valid you can still get your 2nd entry if you have not used it yet.

April 22 is the date of the 2nd entry,

my concern was answered by your last post, thank you!

I have now discovered I have another problem, my British Passport expires on 15th September 2014, so when need to get new visa will only have 5 months on it, will they accept that or what! A new passport takes a Minimum of 4 weeks, my current Visa expires 22 April.

What do I do ??

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I have now discovered I have another problem, my British Passport expires on 15th September 2014, so when need to get new visa will only have 5 months on it, will they accept that or what! A new passport takes a Minimum of 4 weeks, my current Visa expires 22 April.

What do I do ??

A passport with less than six months validity will not be accepted for travel to any of the nearby countries.

A new passport is required !

What do I do ??

If you apply for an extension (not a visa) based upon marriage it would only be until your passport expires and you would then need to apply for a new extension in September. There is no minimum passport validity to apply for an extension of stay.

For visas it is 6 months for tourist visas and single entry non immigrant visas and 18 months for multiple entry visas.

At this time you cannot enter any country in ASEAN because they all require 6 months passport validity for entry.

• 5 weeks later...

You can apply for an extension based upon

marriage 30 days before your current

extension ends. Or you can get letter a from your school stating a date that your enrollment and apply for the extension on that date

You will need 400k baht in a Thai bank for 60 days or have an income of 40k baht to apply for the extension.

I came here with a ed- visa. I have studied now for 2 yrs I have done all my extensions at immigration office.

I will soon be getting married. After doing that can I change my reason of stay at the imagration office with out leaving Thailand? Or do I have to leave and get a marriage visa?

I'm wondering if I can do everything at the immigration office. This is after getting all the documents I may need ex. Proof of money etc.

Edited by keithet

You can apply for an extension based upon

marriage 30 days before your current

extension ends. Or you can get letter a from your school stating a date that your enrollment and apply for the extension on that date

I came here with a ed- visa. I have studied now for 2 yrs I have done all my extensions at immigration office.

I will soon be getting married. After doing that can I change my reason of stay at the imagration office with out leaving Thailand? Or do I have to leave and get a marriage visa?

I'm wondering if I can do everything at the immigration office. This is after getting all the documents I may need ex. Proof of money etc.

Yes you can change the reason for your extension at immigration form study to marriage to a Thai.. There would be no need to go out for a non-o visa (there is no marriage visa).

If your current extension was expiring you would just apply for the extension based upon marriage. If not you would need a letter from your school stating you were no longer enrolled to cancel your existing extension and then apply for a new one based upon marriage.