Yamaha releasing something new in a few days

mania

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

thanks for suggestions guys, i'll start to crack it open tomorrow.

its a 2011, but the power is still there, no drop off at all...just ticking with rpms.

Do a compression test on your ride that will reveal what happened if it is valve clearances or the rings. I hope it is an easy fix for you!

• Like 1

decided to do a death run today, just to see what would happen...top speed down to 158kph vs 174kph previously. Low-mid power still same, top end loss.

still running and ticking away.

OK back on topic, sorry to stray off.

Yes normally folks tend to remember the 2 stroke seizures as it occurred more often

Remember? I'm trying to forgetlaugh.png Usually at the end of the straight when letting off.

For me it is so ingrained that to this day I still ride with a finger always on the clutch :)

• Like 1

Yes normally folks tend to remember the 2 stroke seizures as it occurred more often

Remember? I'm trying to forgetlaugh.png Usually at the end of the straight when letting off.

For me it is so ingrained that to this day I still ride with a finger always on the clutch smile.png

It's a hard habit to break that !

Many times I have looked down and thought "why am I covering the clutch when I haven´t had a 2 stroke for over 12 years!"

• Like 1

Yamaha MT-07

I can also reveal that this year the Yamaha SR400 will officially be introduced for the Thai market....

Seriously!? Interesting news...

Have you got a price yet?

Any other info?

Today I received a English / Thai parts catalog for the 2014 Yamaha SR400… No word yet about the price or even possible price... I only know that Yamaha takes the SR400 to the global market and it will also be launched soon in Europe.

This is the new scooter in the video that is about to be released by Yamaha. The Tricity 125 is expected to cost between £3000 and £3500 in the UK. The design of the front end is said to eliminate washing out under emergency (panic) braking. Maybe it will find it's way here.

post-153149-0-29121300-1395278281_thumb.

• Like 2

Yamaha MT-07

I can also reveal that this year the Yamaha SR400 will officially be introduced for the Thai market....

Seriously!? Interesting news...

Have you got a price yet?

Any other info?

Today I received a English / Thai parts catalog for the 2014 Yamaha SR400 No word yet about the price or even possible price... I only know that Yamaha takes the SR400 to the global market and it will also be launched soon in Europe.

As far as I know, it's already available in Europe...

They're for sale on Ebay UK for 5195 pounds. That's around 280,000 baht - hopefully be a bit cheaper here but trying to work out Thai pricing of bikes before they arrive is pretty tricky.

Hopefully it will be a VStrom-esque pleasant surprise as opposed to a KTM style rip off. Tough to gauge with Yamaha as their current range of real motorcycles is very limited in LOS.

• Like 1

Yamaha has been building great bikes for years I have to wonder about outlook when they have not got on the big bike band wagon until recently. They seemed to be happy taking crumbs from Honda in the scooter market with no real push in the 250cc market and above

Yamaha has been building great bikes for years I have to wonder about outlook when they have not got on the big bike band wagon until recently. They seemed to be happy taking crumbs from Honda in the scooter market with no real push in the 250cc market and above

Yamaha in Thailand has lead the scooter market with the Fino for years, until Honda came along and copied it with the Scoopy. Same thing happened with the Kawa KSR, much loved in Thailand, so Honda decided to copy it and introduce the MSX.

Sorry to say, Honda has become such a lazy company. Honda feels like a middle aged man, focused on electronic gimmicks and average designs, always trying to stay on the safe side. saai.gif.pagespeed.ce.f25DL0fHCd.gif

Edited by OmegaRacer
  • Like 1

Yamaha in Thailand has lead the scooter market with the Fino for years, until Honda came along and copied it with the Scoopy. Same thing happened with the Kawa KSR, much loved in Thailand, so Honda decided to copy it and introduce the MSX.

Sorry to say, Honda has become such a lazy company. Honda feels like a middle aged man, focused on electronic gimmicks and average designs, always trying to stay on the safe side. saai.gif.pagespeed.ce.f25DL0fHCd.gif

all i know, it is yamaha copied hondas classic scooter design in Japan and made it here.

on top of that ergonomics and specs of honda msx is different than ksr. ksr is like for high school kids but msx can be ridden by adults.

moreover, it is honda spiced up 250 cc segment with cbr250 and pushed kawa and yamaha. otherwise there will be no 250 cc bike from yamaha most probably.

also it is honda released the most models during last three - four years both globally and in Thailand and with their beginner bikes, there are lots of new rider comrades on the roads.

check the new cbr 650 and tell me if there is any bike in the market with a better value and new tech.

and check yamaha, r6, r1 etc all old models from 7-8 years.

and i like their design language than busy designs of kawa and yamaha that you get bored easily and they get old faster.

just update your information.

Edited by ll2

I was talking about the Thai market. Otherwise we'll go back to the first Vespas and Lambrettas if we want to find out who copied who. Fact is, the Fino had an enormous success here, before Honda decided it would be safe to bring in the Scoopy.

The KSR and the MSX are not that different. Sure, the Honda being a newer model, has better tech and specs, but they both target the same buyers, teenagers, students and the occasional adult who likes to have fun. Again, same strategy of Honda as for the Scoopy.

Also, as far as I know, the Ninja 250 has been around Thailand since 2008, while the CBR250 since 2011.

I don't contest that Honda builds good bikes at a reasonable price. I just find them boring looking and mediocre, that's all. Just my opinion and debatable if you like.

They're for sale on Ebay UK for 5195 pounds. That's around 280,000 baht - hopefully be a bit cheaper here but trying to work out Thai pricing of bikes before they arrive is pretty tricky.

Hopefully it will be a VStrom-esque pleasant surprise as opposed to a KTM style rip off. Tough to gauge with Yamaha as their current range of real motorcycles is very limited in LOS.

USA MSRP is going to be $5,995 or around 190,000 baht.

They'll sell like hot cakes if priced sharply in TH

USA MSRP is going to be $5,995 or around 190,000 baht.

They'll sell like hot cakes if priced sharply in TH

True, but I find UK pricing is closer to Thai pricing for most bikes here. The US has incredibly cheap bikes and it's unrealistic to expect Thai prices to match US prices especially for an import.

The MT-09 is more expensive here in Thailand than in the UK by around 100,000 baht and the R1 is also a lot more in Thailand - so if that is anything to go by then the SR400 won't be a bargain in LOS. Hope I'm wrong though, they could do a Suzuki with the VStrom pricing and surprise us...

Thai bike forums are saying that the Tricity is definitely going to be sold in Thailand and will be priced at 100000 baht.

It's just a cheaper knock-off of the Piaggio MP3 so not really "new" just new here and new to Yamaha.

On the plus side it will be great for some of the older expats here who have mobility problems.

• Like 1

Thai bike forums are saying that the Tricity is definitely going to be sold in Thailand and will be priced at 100000 baht.

For tax purposes I wonder how it will be classified.

me too, ive been wanting to build something like the T-Rex for quite some time now.

Completed_Aero_3_S_2_Large.jpg