Yamaha releasing something new in a few days

mania

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looks like the SR400 is going to sell for 265000 baht.

Yamaha is saying 300k.

I guess we'll have to wait and see. The principle at my local large Yam dealer said 265000 baht. If that's correct that's a good price. If it's 300000 baht that might be a little too much for nostalgia. It sells for the equivalent of 183000 baht in Japan.

Would anyone here salivating on unrelased kid's bikes that are half the power of 20 yrs ago, please post his age and estimated mental age.

I'm afraid the ratio will be 2.0 or greater .

Estimated mental age: 25

Ratio: 2.6

How about you paz, 0.5?

Would anyone here salivating on unrelased kid's bikes that are half the power of 20 yrs ago, please post his age and estimated mental age.

I'm afraid the ratio will be 2.0 or greater .

Estimated mental age: 25

Ratio: 2.6

How about you paz, 0.5?

I see that you spared name calling this time, worried about yet another posting deletion?

Yamaha is saying 300k.

I guess we'll have to wait and see. The principle at my local large Yam dealer said 265000 baht. If that's correct that's a good price. If it's 300000 baht that might be a little too much for nostalgia. It sells for the equivalent of 183000 baht in Japan.

265k might be the promo price then jump upto 300k. this is the reason why I am not buying a Bolt. Watchara wanted 30k non refundable deposit on it but would not let me take their's for a test ride, told em I would think about and and they responded I have until the end of march at the 465k price tag as it will be jumping to 535k come the 1st of April.

bye bye Watchara and Yamaha Bolt.

Yamaha is saying 300k.

265k might be the promo price then jump upto 300k. this is the reason why I am not buying a Bolt. Watchara wanted 30k non refundable deposit on it but would not let me take their's for a test ride, told em I would think about and and they responded I have until the end of march at the 465k price tag as it will be jumping to 535k come the 1st of April.

bye bye Watchara and Yamaha Bolt.

Looks like Yamaha are pushing the price of the Bolt towards it's American competitor. Not a good move even if the Bolt is considered by many reviewers to be a better bike.

I'm afraid the ratio will be 2.0 or greater

Because I find new products exciting does not imply it is something I am buying.

But at the same time I do not see bikes sizes as some form of penis envy either. As such I need not try to prove or imply anything based on bigger is automatically better.

Basically what I am saying is......My mind, mental age, physical age all have room to appreciate many facets of motorcycling. I am not limited by HP, displacement, bravado etc. I find the whole thing quite interesting to watch.

Having owned & raced bikes from 125cc thru 900cc I can appreciate them all

Yes the new stuff is down on the old especially 2 stroke stuff hp wise but they are moving in a good direction....finally & have some interest to me. I am ejoying the show as always ;)

Plus it's a lot of fun riding small bore bikes at their absolute limit, trying to keep up the momentum etc.

More fun on a 250 though :)

• Like 2

I'm afraid the ratio will be 2.0 or greater

Because I find new products exciting does not imply it is something I am buying.

But at the same time I do not see bikes sizes as some form of penis envy either. As such I need not try to prove or imply anything based on bigger is automatically better.

Basically what I am saying is......My mind, mental age, physical age all have room to appreciate many facets of motorcycling. I am not limited by HP, displacement, bravado etc. I find the whole thing quite interesting to watch.

Having owned & raced bikes from 125cc thru 900cc I can appreciate them all

Yes the new stuff is down on the old especially 2 stroke stuff hp wise but they are moving in a good direction....finally & have some interest to me. I am ejoying the show as always wink.png

Plus it's a lot of fun riding small bore bikes at their absolute limit, trying to keep up the momentum etc.

More fun on a 250 though smile.png

even a honda wave125 can provide a lot of fun!

• Like 1

The wife's dad has finally succumbed to his leg problems so we will be taking a closer look at the trike. But, if it has price tag of 100k, as some have said, thats a he11 of a premium over the 2 wheeled equivalent!

Here is a price guide .

SR400, pay a little more for being unique and stylish, nothing majorly wrong with that especially after 50.

But the three-wheeled thing is same price as in Europe (that has 20% VAT) !! A steal and will kick ass against the PCxs and SHs, for those that know. Think like, in the rain season, to be able to negotiate corners with CG falling in the footprint (or something like that).

What's happening to Thailand!!

Edited by paz

I don't see any MT09sad.png

265K baht for the SR400, well if you really like the style and don't need power then it should be ok.

I think I rather add 20k baht and get a CB650F despite being a former SR500 owner (and loved it, my first big bike, many many moons ago).

I bet many older people will love that trike but I am not that old, yetwink.png

• Like 2

Here is a price guide .

265 k thb for sr400 is ridiculous for me but it might be OK for a classic lover which has nostalgic memories with such a bike on the past.

Tricity is a good idea for Thailand. Cool for disabled, old, pregnant and girls. I am sure bike rental people and drunk tourists with no riding experience.will like this bike more than anyone in Thailandlaugh.png Price is sooo right and we see less injured or dead tourist/farang on the roads.

r15 also looks good and it will compete with cbr150r nicely. I can see some loan sharks and beginner big bike riders go for this bike. Good bike for first track experiences as well.

Overll, i am pleased about teh fact that Suzuki is having more presence in Thailand also the rumors abotu Them building bikes in Thailand is also super nice. Competition is always good for us riders/consumers at the end.

But yamaha, we need a locally made r1 or at least r6 or mt07 and mt09, you can do that man! - oh that list might go longtongue.png

Edited by ll2

I guess all those unregistered sr400s will really plummet in price.

I don't think there will be a big price dump for unregistered SR. The vast majority of SR riders in Thailand are between 20 and 30 years old. They're not going to spend 300k for a new SR if they can have one for 50k. The fact that they're not registered doesn't really matter for them.

On the other hand, selling an old registered SR, might become a bit more difficult, but I think the price difference is still too big between an old one and the new SR to negatively affect the second hand market.

My friend is now selling his 2 pristine SR400 (1 registered, 1 with invoice) for 400k for both, as he wants to get the new SR.

I have just been visiting the odd Yamaha dealer in Pattaya on Sukhumvit road that sells: Yamaha small bikes/big bikes/ outboard/inboard marine Yamaha engines/Yamaha jet Skis and of all brands Triumph bikes too, what a mix eh.

They confirmed that the MT09 will arrive in June at 435K baht and the SR400 also June at 265K baht. They got 4 bookings on the MT09, all expats I was told.

He haven't head anything about cheap Triumphs but said they are made in Thailand to be exported, which I don't really understands what that means??? Made in Thailand bikes= cheap, yes? But bloody no, come on Triumph get your shit together and start selling your lovely bikes at a price people can live with.

• Like 1

Here is a price guide .

265 k thb for sr400 is ridiculous for me but it might be OK for a classic lover which has nostalgic memories with such a bike on the past.

Tricity is a good idea for Thailand. Cool for disabled, old, pregnant and girls. I am sure bike rental people and drunk tourists with no riding experience.will like this bike more than anyone in Thailandlaugh.png Price is sooo right and we see less injured or dead tourist/farang on the roads.

r15 also looks good and it will compete with cbr150r nicely. I can see some loan sharks and beginner big bike riders go for this bike. Good bike for first track experiences as well.

Overll, i am pleased about teh fact that Suzuki is having more presence in Thailand also the rumors abotu Them building bikes in Thailand is also super nice. Competition is always good for us riders/consumers at the end.

But yamaha, we need a locally made r1 or at least r6 or mt07 and mt09, you can do that man! - oh that list might go longtongue.png

I can see the attraction of the SR400. It's a classic isn't it, so it's not going to date like a sports bike - it will still be looking good 10 years from now whereas other 2014 bikes will be looking dated.

Plus you can mod it to a cafe racer pretty cheap I'd imagine. It's economic and easy to ride, bullet proof and easy to work on. As a city bike I don't see what's not to like really, I doubt I'd buy one but I can certainly see why people would. It looks a bit overpriced compared to bikes like the CB500 but I know which I would rather have... I'm guessing they will hold their value pretty good as well.

• Like 2

guess who else?

10013799_756999567666994_1607981326_n.jp

nice and Honda!!!biggrin.png

it has a sufficient 31 hp and 31 nm engine which is fine.

single cylinder but two headers.

And if they make such a bike in Thailand, they can sell it for 100 k thb!