Yingluck goes to work despite torn ligament

webfact

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

eight times in two years that the winning 6 digits matched the PMs license plate. What are the odds. Beyond astronomical I imagine. I would be suspicious that the 'fix' is in, also.

If what you stated was true it would be worthy of investigation but as you misread/misquoted/fabricated it isn't. The winning 6 digits have never matched the PM's or anyone else's registration plate and never will as they are 4 digits. Three of the digits on one vehicle did and two from another van's number matched, the odds of that happening wouldn't be that high. Don't forget also that the numbers also matched the same digits on probably many other registration plates.

In the article, YL is quoted as saying she "tore" the ligament. She probably had a mild sprain and is now exaggerating this event for sympathy. From personal experience, I know that a "torn" ligament means massive swelling and a much more secure wrapping than what she is wearing in that photo. With torn ligaments, it doesn't matter how much you can deal with pain, the simple matter is the ankle goes completely unstable and you cannot stand on it or use it.

where is the drip in her as well? I just can't see how with that minimal strapping and she is wearing shoes that her injury can be anywhere near as bad as she is portraying it to be.

She should at least look like its real and be wearing a Moonboot!

In the article, YL is quoted as saying she "tore" the ligament. She probably had a mild sprain and is now exaggerating this event for sympathy. From personal experience, I know that a "torn" ligament means massive swelling and a much more secure wrapping than what she is wearing in that photo. With torn ligaments, it doesn't matter how much you can deal with pain, the simple matter is the ankle goes completely unstable and you cannot stand on it or use it.

Yes, just that it does not necessarily become fully torn immediately.

I don't know if she's faking it or not, but could very well be real. She's sure milking it for what it's worth, of course.

eight times in two years that the winning 6 digits matched the PMs license plate. What are the odds. Beyond astronomical I imagine. I would be suspicious that the 'fix' is in, also.

If what you stated was true it would be worthy of investigation but as you misread/misquoted/fabricated it isn't. The winning 6 digits have never matched the PM's or anyone else's registration plate and never will as they are 4 digits. Three of the digits on one vehicle did and two from another van's number matched, the odds of that happening wouldn't be that high. Don't forget also that the numbers also matched the same digits on probably many other registration plates.

It was the eighth time that lottery winning numbers were the same as the numbers on Yingluck's licence plates.

Are you questioning my veracity? Neither I nor the OP used the term registration plate, so who is misquoting? Maybe we didn't read the same OP. Maybe you have a different interpretation of above quote from the OP in bold typeface. I have no idea if the OP is true or not. I was responding to the OP as written. Do you have a problem with me or with the OP? Why does it even matter to you? Are you with the government Lottery Office? Are you defending Ms Yingluck from I don't know what? I have read enough of your posts to know that you, sir, are a nitpicker. Whether you are a professional nitpicker of a dedicated amateur, I have yet to ascertain. I will go you one better, I bet some of those winning lottery numbers matched the numbers on a calendar. Please go be silly elsewhere else.

Edited by rametindallas
  • Like 1

You are correct and observant. If torn, she would be immobilized in a cast.

• Like 1

A torn ligament, no weight on it for two months, talk about milking the situation, what does she want .....sympathy.........my Sympathy goes to the FARMERS who have NOT been paid not a molly coddled PM who cries at the least upset.... get a backbone yingluck......................coffee1.gif

No other Shin family member has one, so I guess she would make history

What's next crying over a broken finger nail whistling.gif

"It was the eighth time that lottery winning numbers were the same as the numbers on Yingluck's licence plates."

​Wow!! That's unbelievable!!

Did anyone ever think that someone had "rigged" the lottery numbers to make this farce possible? This country NEVER ceases to amaze.

If it was a completely TORN ligament, she would need surgery to repair it. If it's partially torn, her ankle would be put in an air cast or walking boot.

But this being Thailand (where everything is over exaggerated), I'm sure it's just a sprain and the only thing required is ice and a bandage wrap.

• Like 2

Tore a ligament getting out of a car. Poor didums. What a strenuous life she leads! I wonder if it was really serious enough to need bandaging or carting around in a wheel chair, or did her spin doctors take inspiration from Angela Merkel's heroic skiing accident to get sympathy. The vision of her blubbing in a wheel chair after being indicted and barred from office by the NACC over the big rice pledging swindle is going to be too hard to bear.

The millions of cheated farmers who have not yet committed suicide by hanging will take to the streets in the hope that soldiers do the job for them more painlessly.

• Like 2

I bet she's building up to not appearing in court next week in her negligence of duty in the rice pledging scheme.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Maybe she has her flight booked to Singapore, where she will be too sick to travel to make a court appearance?

She is temporarily crippled by incompetence, unable to climb out of a van which is easy to do if you sit down on the edge first and place both feet on the ground before you put your weight on them.This is a metaphor for the nation, also temporarily crippled by incompetence. The fact the van she climbed out of is related to corruption in the lottery, adds another dimension to this metaphor of a person/nation temporarily crippled by corruption and incompetence. It is strangely poetic.

My friend says that Thaksin has a remote-control system built into the chair so he can remotely drive Yingluck directly to the meetings without having to bother with Skype.

Temporarily ??? measured in decades or centuries?

Yesterday it was a fractured bone which doctors put a cast on. Today it is torn ligament. Just shows you should always get a second opinion if you don't like the first one.smile.png
Caretaker Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra arrived Tuesday morning at the Police Cadet Academy in Sampran on a wheel chair to attend a cabinet meeting.

She tumbled on the ground as she stepped out of a van during a trip to have lunch at a noodle shop in Chiang Mai last Saturday.

Doctor put cast on her left leg to cure the fractured bone.

She was wheeled into the meeting room to chair the meeting.

She told reporters that she still has pain on the left leg and doctor said it will take about a month and a half to recover the injury.

Source http://englishnews.t...ing-wheel-chair

Edited by uty6543
  • Like 1

Since when does slipping out of a mini-van produce a torn ligament that would induce any doctor to order two months in a wheelchair ? Did she only pay 30 baht for the doctor visit ? Thaksin is working overtime. Yesterday, he instructed Pheu Thai to issue a statement that any ruling by the Constitutional Court would be defied. Today, he's got Yingluck in a wheelchair for two months. Not leaning on the arm of an assistant. Not leaning on a walking stick. Not sporting crutches. A wheelchair. Because the fight for democracy goes on. She will fight for democracy ( not the courts, mind you - democracy ) if she is simultaneously hooked up to an intravenous drip. Through her tears, through her sprained ankles, somehow democracy will prevail. Yingluck may end up being bandaged like a mummy, with just her eyes peering through - but through her eyes will be the hope for democracy that all Thai people will be able to see. We all hope her ankle gets better real soon. Having said that, stepping down will be so much easier.

• Like 1

The picture shows both ankles bandaged up. Did she tear a ligament in her leg, as stated, or in both ankles simultaneous which would taken some doing. Methinks both bandages are just for the media. It seems strange that her injured ankles are not swollen at all, so that she can wear her normal leather shoes.

Edited by Dogmatix