What foreigners dont get about Thai girls.

michaeltheR

After living here for a couple of years I noticed that Thai girls are a hard piece of work and it is much harder to get a real relationship than in Western countries. Many foreigners like me assumed that it would be easy as Thai women are more friendly and outgoing. However if one lacks the "game" then one would be even less succesful here than in our native countries. Any thoughts?

Edited by michaeltheR
  • Like 2

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You didn't notice that unless you speak thai, the conversation doesn't go much beyond where to eat your next meal, did you?

Thai at Heart, I respect your personal observation, but you can never generalize.

There are many couples in Thailand that can have proper conversations and discuss anything and everything.

Thai people do learn English.

Farangs seldom bother to learn Thai.

This assumed your missus speaks passable English. When I first arrived in thailand, a while ago, in the place I was, there was one girl who spoke English passably, and she learnt it in a coastal resort swinging her thing.

It was learn thai, or satay aloan. I would recommend it. It broadens the selection pool rather massively and I wouldn't have met my wife of 13 years without it. That said, she also talks about her next meal, straight after eating, occasionally.

Good point - I wouldn't have met my wife of 13 years too if I hadn't learned Thai
  • Like 1

Well my Mrs is fluent in English, Spanish and Thai while I am fluent in only English, can jumble a bit of Thai together if hard pressed, and like tapas.

Works for us.

Thais look good, have good food, and give good massages but once you've met a sweet Filipina, very hard to consider any other nationality, in my opinion. They win hands down in taking care of the man.

Qe?

too many men here want the easy option; go to a bar meet a girl. they forget that it is the girl's job to meet men and provide a service. whereas if you date someone who has a normal job she is far more likely to be interested in you rather what she can earn from you.

i would guess if your dating experience in your own country was limited to dating prostitutes then you would have a pretty skewed view of relationships.

SIR

EXCUSE ME

This is thaivisa,no guys on here go to bars,they all meet hi-so goddesses,wash your mouth out

Edited by Bernard Flint
  • Like 2

Regarding what foreigners don't get about Thai women, there is an old Thai saying: Give a Thai girl a fish, and you feed her for a day; give a Thai girl a fishing pole, and she will beat you over the head with it and take your wallet. Next?

JLCrab menages to say in a couple of sentences, what others need to write a book about consisting of 300 pages (or more) and still not hitting the essential spots of Farang/Thai relationships..

Cheers.

• Like 1

i would say its not hard to find a real relationship here. what is hard is finding a real relationship in a red light district. or finding a real relationship with a model. finding hard working average looking women here is easy if you dont mind being open and honest.

Finding women here is even easier if you have 500bht and are prepared to use it.

• Like 1

too many men here want the easy option; go to a bar meet a girl. they forget that it is the girl's job to meet men and provide a service. whereas if you date someone who has a normal job she is far more likely to be interested in you rather what she can earn from you.

i would guess if your dating experience in your own country was limited to dating prostitutes then you would have a pretty skewed view of relationships.

Part 1

Same service, different price structure.

Part 2

Did anyone ever even use a prostitute in their home country?

I know I didn't, and I don't know anyone here or in my home country that admitted to it.

Here, everyone uses prostitutes, and a lot of us marry one of them too, just the way it is.

• Like 1

You didn't notice that unless you speak thai, the conversation doesn't go much beyond where to eat your next meal, did you?

Thai at Heart, I respect your personal observation, but you can never generalize.

There are many couples in Thailand that can have proper conversations and discuss anything and everything.

Thai people do learn English.

Farangs seldom bother to learn Thai.

I agree,

White people who use the word 'farang' never learn Thai, but lots of other white people do.

• Like 1