'Yaba-heroin mix' a new threat, Thai police warn

webfact

Fully aware what a speedball is but usually only shot up not taken as a pill or chased. Usually drug users/addicts prefer either going up or down, there are some duel habit users but they are a minority. A bag of H may sometimes be used to take the edge off of a rock session but as a rule you usually devote your life to 1 or the other.

Like I said originally, unlikely to catch on.

You seem to know a lot about it.I hope you aren't one of these druggy losers

Can't see how that will work out, yabba is an upper and heroin a downer. Can't see people queuing up to stay the same as before they took it, only with a horrendous comedown.

JeremyBowskill, like 90% of the human race, it would be worth your time to understand what the actual definition of a "drug" is, rather than the misinformation you have been spoon-fed by governments throughout the world.

Nicotine (yes, that's right—it is a "drug) is a stimulant, while alcohol/ethanol (Wow, how about that? It is also a "drug") is a depressant. Both are consumed together, at the same time, by many, many people. You could probably walk to the 7/11 now and encounter this seemingly contradictory practice.

Yes, I sound pompous, but the drugs concept is actually quite straightforward and yet the vast majority of people approach it like a person diving head-first into shallow water. Seriously, the brain is an amazing, amazing thing, and I am perplexed as to why it is so under-utilized. Really.

• Like 1

Fully aware what a speedball is but usually only shot up not taken as a pill or chased. Usually drug users/addicts prefer either going up or down, there are some duel habit users but they are a minority. A bag of H may sometimes be used to take the edge off of a rock session but as a rule you usually devote your life to 1 or the other.

Oh, you must be one of those "druggy winners", who uses caffeine every morning, maybe smokes cigarettes throughout the day, and then drinks alcohol from lunchtime onwards. I may have the timeframes wrong, but you probably also take paracetamol the next morning to assuage the hangover or dehydration headache.

Wow, I feel honored to meet a "druggy winner"!!

• Like 1

in order to make the yaba more addictive, he said.

this drug batch could be fatal.

Like Yaba isn't addictive and deadly enough on its own? I don't think a little heroin will make it much worse...

heroin itself isn't very dangerous...

• Like 2

Hatred is a drug

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

"Ecstasy" drug in the UK in the 1990's was also laced with heroin sometimes. The phenomenon became known as "smacky pills" among users, and was short-lived because club-goers wanted to dance and not to lay slumped in a corner. But at the time the theory was the same as the OP, heroin was added to make the user return to the same dealer after becoming hooked. This backfired and dealers were forced to change back to normal ingredients - which were often dangerous in themselves. At the time I was volunteered into the drug counselling and basic medical service provided by some of these nightclubs/festivals, and I saw some very confused and upset people who were playing this tablet-roulette, popping pills that could contain literally anything. If you value your future life, you should never take any product that you don't know the ingredients of.

coffee1.gif

'When I were a lad, we used to have t'ale. We'd drink and drink and bop till we drop' biggrin.png

• Like 1

These people need to be cleaned out like rabbits in a warren. Arrested or eradicated, then there place of work/ residence destroyed. Their choice of employment kills thousand every year and destroys live, not only those of the user, but that of the families of the user as well.

You guys had someone who declared an all-out war on Drug lords, and suppliers, but you chased him out the country and condemned him for the killings. So live with it.

Funny though, mostly very low level dealers, users and even people not connected to drugs at all were the victims of this extra judicial killing frenzy. No drug lords or suppliers were really that badly hurt.

Idiotic post of the day as I do not recall any drug lords even being arrested. At the time it was widely speculated the war on drugs was to actually protect the higher ups in the trade.

• Like 1

These people need to be cleaned out like rabbits in a warren. Arrested or eradicated, then there place of work/ residence destroyed. Their choice of employment kills thousand every year and destroys live, not only those of the user, but that of the families of the user as well.

You guys had someone who declared an all-out war on Drug lords, and suppliers, but you chased him out the country and condemned him for the killings. So live with it.

Pro red comment???

People make a personal choice to use a particular drug for recreational enhancement.

Including tobacco,alcohol,cannabis and stronger.

Up to them.

Actually selling them cheaply in pharmacies would let the drug dealing complete collapse within 1 month.....Just too many politicians are in the drug dealing....

Read what I said. Ya-Ba is not physically addictive. It is only addictive in the sense that people like it and want to do more. A heroin addict goes through withdrawal symptoms and becomes very ill if they stop taking it. A speed freak does not.

Ulysses is absolutely correct. Read each and every word in his statement I am quoting. He doesn't say it's not addictive, he says it's not physically addictive. It's basically not. Look it up. This doesn't mean one wouldn't have physical symptoms when stopping, but the addiction process that happens with heroin, cocaine and tobacco is NOT present with meth abuse. Therefore adding heroin to yaba would add an additional and very different addictive component.

• Like 2

Funny though, mostly very low level dealers, users and even people not connected to drugs at all were the victims of this extra judicial killing frenzy. No drug lords or suppliers were really that badly hurt.

Idiotic post of the day as I do not recall any drug lords even being arrested. At the time it was widely speculated the war on drugs was to actually protect the higher ups in the trade.

Yep. Edited by Bluespunk

People make a personal choice to use a particular drug for recreational enhancement.

Including tobacco,alcohol,cannabis and stronger.

Up to them.

Actually selling them cheaply in pharmacies would let the drug dealing complete collapse within 1 month.....Just too many politicians are in the drug dealing....

It probably wouldn't work anyway - the costs of getting approval would be too high for all but the standard mega-buck drug companies; it would be taxed so high the "cheapness" would not stay for long (just look at alcohol and tobacco); so the "bad guys" would still have a market, they would simply undercut or make unapproved (more lethal and unregulated) concoctions. Alcohol is not so easy to do illegally - it is hard to make it taste good and requires complex and time absorbing processes which make it hard to match the price of cheaper import booze. Cigarettes is harder still to do because to stop them going stale requires a fair amount of chemicals etc and there is not much money in it as most smoker resign themselves to a brand regardless of cost. Drugs on the other hand can be grown in a flower pot at home or synthesised with college level chemistry set and knowhow (and the deep net is full with how-to's and recipes).

Best way is to allow users to register and then get free real drug the are addicted to (not methadone) administration in a safe environment by professional staff. Stigmatise it to try and reduce "tryers" (test also so that only real addicts are accepted) - addicts with take the shame for the ability to get it free and safe, and drug dealers loose their best customers on going. Let market forces kill the trade off.

• Like 1

Read what I said. Ya-Ba is not physically addictive. It is only addictive in the sense that people like it and want to do more. A heroin addict goes through withdrawal symptoms and becomes very ill if they stop taking it. A speed freak does not.

Ulysses is absolutely correct. Read each and every word in his statement I am quoting. He doesn't say it's not addictive, he says it's not physically addictive. It's basically not. Look it up. This doesn't mean one wouldn't have physical symptoms when stopping, but the addiction process that happens with heroin, cocaine and tobacco is NOT present with meth abuse. Therefore adding heroin to yaba would add an additional and very different addictive component.

If the intent was to encourage addiction, would it not be better to lace it with something more addictive - such a Crack Cocaine? Or is it just meant as a means to reduce the down of the yaba??? Innocent questions - I know very little of the illicit drugs trade.

If the intent was to encourage addiction, would it not be better to lace it with something more addictive - such a Crack Cocaine? Or is it just meant as a means to reduce the down of the yaba??? Innocent questions - I know very little of the illicit drugs trade.

Heroin is arguably more addictive than cocaine (crack or otherwise), much cheaper than cocaine and I would think be far more readily available in Southeast Asia than cocaine.

• Like 1

Heroin is arguably more addictive than cocaine (crack or otherwise), much cheaper than cocaine and I would think be far more readily available in Southeast Asia than cocaine.

Thanks for answering and enlightening me - I guess I could have guessed the availability bit, but was surprised by the rest (like I said - only media and movies to educate me thus so far)

• Like 1

Oh you too funny man !! cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif Old Square head killed more innocent people that had nothing to do with drugs !!! That camel humper does nothing unless it puts money in his pocket so what does that tell you blink.pngblink.png Unfortunately Drugs are like Prostitution you will never get rid of them their in every country.

joefromdc has it right. Heroin is more (physically) addictive than cocaine and mixing Ya Ba with meth would be a waste of money. The meth would overwhelm the cocaine high.

• Like 1

Problem was it wasn't the drug lords or suppliers that got killed! I understand that most of those extra judicial killings had nothing to do with drugs. But then the OP isn't about politics is it?

Can't see how that will work out, yabba is an upper and heroin a downer. Can't see people queuing up to stay the same as before they took it, only with a horrendous comedown.

Ever heard of a speedball? This seems to be the new poor man's version of it!

• xphoto-thumb-139352.jpg,q_r=1395114721.p
  • Advanced Members
  • xbullet_black.png.pagespeed.ic.jB6hmcewRxbullet_black.png.pagespeed.ic.jB6hmcewRxbullet_black.png.pagespeed.ic.jB6hmcewRxbullet_black.png.pagespeed.ic.jB6hmcewR
  • 719 posts

Posted 2014-03-20 10:29:07

A dex and a mandy taken together was popular at one time.

• 9 months later...

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

in order to make the yaba more addictive, he said.

this drug batch could be fatal.

Like Yaba isn't addictive and deadly enough on its own? I don't think a little heroin will make it much worse...

heroin itself isn't very dangerous...

it certainly is one of the "cleaner" drugs when compared with Alcohol, Cocaine, Meth etc.

The war on drugs has been a complete failure. Better to make it legal, so people know exactly what they are getting and it becomes cheap enough that they don't have to commit crimes to get their supply. Methadone is already legal for addicts, but it is much more addictive and dangerous than heroin. That makes no sense at all.

post-21832-0-86604600-1421407052_thumb.j

people always used drugs, where is the limit?

Beer is OK

Marihuana must be eradicated.

Or Saudi model, hang these who drink beer, also?

Or Netherlands model, let people do what they want?

And who decides? Yingluck and Chalerm or Prayuth? Are they the authorities for what you and I am allowed to do with my body?

You can combine uppers and downers. Probably makes you feel good I guess since theres a infamous 'cocktail' called speedball, which is a combination of cocaine and heroin taken at the same time. Has killed many, among them famous people like John Belushi and River Phoenix. Highly dangerous mix, I dont know about the comedown though.

As someone else said, that is a called a speedball and very popular. The heroin adds to the euphoria and makes the crash from the speed a lot less noticeable. The problem is that heroin is physically addictive - Ya-Ba is not - so if someone keeps doing this, they will get addicted eventually.

I doubt if there is enough heroin in these pills to be "fatal" as this article claims and taking heroin orally - in a pill - is not very efficient anyway. The speed would be a lot stronger of the two when taken this way.

So you say that yaba, speed, meth, are not physically addictive? You ever done it or are you just going on about things you don't know anything about. When I finally got off meth it took about three months to come down. I sure thought it was physically addictive every time I ran out. But what would I know, right. Coming from a guy who started using meth in the 70's and finally quit in the late 90's. I would have to disagree with your statement.

How are your teeth?
  • Like 1