BMW 116i-sport M series...Good...Bad...Indifferent

I used the search function for any posts on this vehicle and came up with zero. Apparently expensive euro-hatches aren't in much demand in Thailand. However, I happened to see and sit in one today at my local mall and was impressed. The exterior design was really to my taste as well. I know the low-slung car with high-profile tires isn't at all practical in Thailand but for the first time in years of looking, I found myself really liking the interior and exterior looks of new car in Thailand. To me, all the Japanese cares are too derivative or just plain weird (Juke). The BMW looked classy with lines that would age well. The price of B 2M also seemed reasonable for Thailand. I know it's twice the price of a Ford Focus but heck, you only live once and it's half the price of a 3 series.

I just piss around Pattaya most times, with little long distance driving so a smallish car could be just the thing and it doesn't flood very often here so shouldn't be home bound much with such a low riding car. Am I completely insane to even consider this car or could it be just the thing for a fun drive around town?

OP Pattaya floods every year and the Sukhumvit becomes a canal on a regular basis in the rainy season. The car apparently handles well but the 116 is lacking power and may struggle to see off the Focus in a traffic light shoot out.