Thai Democrat Party threatens to boycott second election

webfact

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"Chavanond further stated that if the premier did so, it would widen political rift and not benefit the country as a whole. The Democratic Party, in that case, would not participate in the new general election even if the party had to be dissolved as stipulated in the constitution. It will instead find another way to reform the country."

Don't we just know it, it's ongoing at the moment.

Since they won't be taking part in any more elections, a more accurate description would be 'former political party'. In any case, since they didn't vote in the last election, they're all barred from standing for election for the next five years.

the democrates are as stupid as the hole establishement, they did not learn the lesson. they should fight to win the next elections, their general meaninig of we will loose anyway is a very bad thing...only looosers say in advance we will loose...but they could win if they really would believe in winning

• Like 2

"If the court decides to nullify the said election and the government proceeds to hold another general election immediately, the public and the Democrat in particular will not be able to accept that."

Excuse me Mr. Spokesman Chavanond Intarakomalyasut...but you do not speak for the public...only a small faction of the public...The "Good People's Public" or will it be the "Good Peoples Republic" now...? with you the spokesman as the "Grand High Exalted Mystic Ruler" ?

So unless the constitution is tossed...will they be barred from forming a new party as well as banned from politics..or...? (seems to me that may be the case if I am not mistaken) so then how will you reform the Nation...? Don't think they thought this through...but through rhymes with.... oh I get it now...

Since they won't be taking part in any more elections, a more accurate description would be 'former political party'. In any case, since they didn't vote in the last election, they're all barred from standing for election for the next five years.

Just because they didn't stand doesn't mean they didn't vote.

• Like 1

Who wants to play against a team that wins by cheating every time.

Who wants to play against a team that wins every time?

Wins by cheating every time!

Cheating.........

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

More cheating........

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Shooting voters........

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

........sorry, what was your point again?

whats the point of those pictures where does cheating get involved in the unruly behaviour in said pics..whats your point more like.. i dont get it enlighten me

• Like 2

"However, the Prime Minister and her government should not be the ones hosting the general election because they are part of the conflict, said Chavanond."

Democrat Party? What are they on - is he telling them they can't participate in the election because they happen to be the caretaker government?

Incredibly stupid statements and action.

Why compete in an election when the ruling party refuses to accept the verdicts of courts and independent agencies? The Dems have always respected their position of being the opposition. But with the present group of (self exiled) criminals running the country, what would it be worth to be an opposition party?

There is no reasonable answer to that IF you believe the courts and independant agencies are just that, independant. To my mind the courts and independant agencies deserve the respect they are being accorded.

Why would they want to take part in an election?

Show again they are unable to win a majority? Embarrassing. They need ot get back to their bread and butter - Unelected Peoples Councils for all

Go Team Yelllow

Fight Team Yellow

Win Team Yellow

biggrin.png

Why should any democratic party try to win a majority? Isn't a coalition of various parties not a better guarantee of democratic behaviour? Of listening to all?

The Pheu Thai party likes to 'win' and respect the vote till it's counted, following which there is a 'thank you, please go home, we have a mandate, we have work to do'. Next turn to North Korea were recently Mr. Kim won 100% of all votes in his constituency with 100% of the electorate actually casting their vote. Bravo!

Who wants to play against a team that wins by cheating every time.

Who wants to play against a team that wins every time?

Wins by cheating every time!

Cheating.........

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

More cheating........

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Shooting voters........

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

........sorry, what was your point again?

Pale in comparison to Pheua Khwai and the political peasants of the red rouge, isn't it?

• Like 1

"However, the Prime Minister and her government should not be the ones hosting the general election because they are part of the conflict, said Chavanond."

Democrat Party? What are they on - is he telling them they can't participate in the election because they happen to be the caretaker government?

Incredibly stupid statements and action.

Why compete in an election when the ruling party refuses to accept the verdicts of courts and independent agencies? The Dems have always respected their position of being the opposition. But with the present group of (self exiled) criminals running the country, what would it be worth to be an opposition party?

There is no reasonable answer to that IF you believe the courts and independant agencies are just that, independant. To my mind the courts and independant agencies deserve the respect they are being accorded.

So what you are implying here is that your believes are different.

Why would they want to take part in an election?

Show again they are unable to win a majority? Embarrassing. They need ot get back to their bread and butter - Unelected Peoples Councils for all

Go Team Yelllow

Fight Team Yellow

Win Team Yellow

biggrin.png

Why should any democratic party try to win a majority? Isn't a coalition of various parties not a better guarantee of democratic behaviour? Of listening to all?

The Pheu Thai party likes to 'win' and respect the vote till it's counted, following which there is a 'thank you, please go home, we have a mandate, we have work to do'. Next turn to North Korea were recently Mr. Kim won 100% of all votes in his constituency with 100% of the electorate actually casting their vote. Bravo!

You do like your made up slogans don't you - what is all this "thank you, please go home, we have a mandate, we have work to do" - what is it's relevance? Don't bother telling me, I'm not that interested.

And this hyperbole about N.Korea? Its the dems that are coming up with the N.Korean election rules

What are they supposed to do as a caretaker government, walk away and not contest the election?

And as for your coalition of various parties - how well did that go for the dems, not much of a guarantee of democratic behaviour was it, 6 MP's being disqualified by the CC and having to resign?

• Like 1

I wonder if someone explained to "Democrat Spokesman Chavanond Intarakomalyasut" that if a party does not contend two elections in a row the party gets dissolved under the election laws.

I guess that they will argue that because the first election was decreed to be void it does not count as an election in the sight of the election law.