ED Visa for 6-12 months stay - what to keep in mind?

Hi guys, I would like to go to Thailand with an ED visa for half a year/a year beginning around August. Now I need to do lots of planning in terms of apartment, getting a bank account (is that even possible for such a short duration?), when to apply for the visa, insurance, etc.

I'm sure you have lots of experience and recommendations with these topics already, so can you give me some advice what kind of things I definitely need to do before I move from Germany to Bangkok and which things I can take care of while im in Bangkok? My main goal is to be able to roughly calculate my expenses in advance so I know how long I can stay: That is apartment, living cost, BTS/MRT, school and so on.

What course of study do you plan on doing to obtain a ED visa?

You should get a tourist visa first and decide after arrival as to where you want to stay and the school you want to attend. You might find that Bangkok is not where you want to stay.

You can go to school with a tourist visa.

I've been saving money for this for a while so I'm 100% sure about staying in Bangkok. The course of study is a Thai language school which has been recommended to me by a friend who was attending there until two weeks ago.

I don't want to go there without having the most basic things sorted out.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

He should do a topic in the Bangkok forum asking about living costs there. With the current title if I was to move this topic there it might get moved back.

Of course ---------- Understand ! smile.png