Thai Constitutional Court voids February election

webfact

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That is like being arrested for not paying your taxes because someone had kidnapped you and put you in a cell in the basement.

The govt is not at fault for not completing the election. The EC carries out elections not the govt.

The government was warned many times by the EC that it wouldn't be able to complete the elections on Feb2 only. The EC suggested a postponedment. The government obfuscated with "we cannot", "we will not". A court ruled that a new Royal Decree could be issued to have new elections later. The same court suggested at that time the government and EC sit together and work it out. The government continued obfuscation, called meeting and found others who would recomment to continue, "we are told by others we should continue" Ms. Yingluck said.

So, who's at fault for trying to push through an election?

BTW somewhat off topic, but with a part of the population buying lottery tickets with Ms. Yingluck's numberplate numbers I'm at times wondering if part of the population already manged to get into the 20th century. Any talk about democracy and 'elections are democratic' may be lost on them.

The constitution is at fault for pushing through for an election. It is very clear about the time frame required.

Edited by dukebowling

How about a charge of Treason, for inciting people to boycott the elections also for blocking access to voting venues with violence, and preventing candidates from registering,

Perhaps suthep will discuss that in one of his reform meetings. He only wants to do what's right for the country so I'm sure he'll consider it.

How about a charge of Treason, for inciting people to boycott the elections also for blocking access to voting venues with violence, and preventing candidates from registering,

Perhaps suthep will discuss that in one of his reform meetings. He only wants to do what's right for the country so I'm sure he'll consider it.

There are a few potential candidates who could be up on a charge of treason for all sorts of offences... on both sides of the political divide.

Who knows in time Thailand might be able to add Bonfire Night top it's list of acquired foreign celebrations. That will do wonders for the fireworks industry and a chance to dig out those Guy Fawkes masks again. thumbsup.gif

Look, you keep on trying to make a point here that there is no amart and if there were, they do not have an undue influence in politics.

OK, if that's what you want to believe, stay ignorant.

Or you could put aside your prejudices and do some research yourself. I would suggest sources not based in Thailand for obvious reasons. There is a perfectly good reason for the reticence of posters to educate you and no amount of petulant posting will reveal anything more than you have already.

Apply your last paragraph to yourself fab4.

I'm not the one throwing my toys out of the pram because people are telling me things I don't like to hear.

Do you deny that there are people and families with undue access to, and influence over, the political, military and judicial systems?

If you do you're more naive than I took you for.

I, for one, don't deny it.

The desciption certainly applies to the Shinawatras.

See? I indentified the people being discussed by name.

Do you have any other names for who we are discussing?

So that was the sum total of your research was it? Well done.

Just out of interest can you tell me just who Thaksin has access to and influence over in the judicial system. Seeing as you're willing, and able, apparently, to name names?

The verbal acrobats of non-answering obfuscations they go through on the often-raised issue is astounding.

blink.png

You do know the law in this country about defaming or accusing people of things? I posted a collection of schematics cataloguing the various lists of powerful families and their various connections, directly after this post.

The term amart, in and of itself, is defamatory or accusatory?

rolleyes.gif

Please...the gymnastics are getting out of hand.

If the word itself is so powerful and volatile, then perhaps the word should never be posted, yet that's not what we see. It see it over and over and over.

So that's all ok, but, somehow, to simply identify who it is we are discussing over and over and over... Oh No! We mustn't. That's forbidden.

rolleyes.gif

As said, the obfuscation is astounding.

Look, you keep on trying to make a point here that there is no amart and if there were, they do not have an undue influence in politics.

OK, if that's what you want to believe, stay ignorant.

Or you could put aside your prejudices and do some research yourself. I would suggest sources not based in Thailand for obvious reasons. There is a perfectly good reason for the reticence of posters to educate you and no amount of petulant posting will reveal anything more than you have already.

If there are no ammart:

- who has been bringing this huge upsurge of lese majeste cases since the coup?

- who owns most of the land in Thailand?

- what about the Crown Property Bureau (oh, sorry - delete that)

- why is Thailand one of the most unequal countries in Asia?

- why are the Army and Court systems laws unto themselves, above the elected politicians?

- why do the red shirts keep mentioning the ammart?

- why has democracy never taken root in Thailand, and there has been a series of coups and re-writes of the constitution?

- why are roads blocked off with hundreds of police lining the roads to allow motorcades to pass?

- why can Suthep, a known insurrectionist, walk free?

There are titled ammart unto the fifth generation, and ammart can also be appointed, as has obviously happened with many Thai-Chinese.

If it is suggested that there are no ammart, maybe next thing someone will be telling us that Thai-Chinese do not run Thailand? Yet it is a documented fact that they run up to 90% of the businesses here (although making up only about 10 or 15% or the population).

Why did the elections on feb 2, 14 took place in first place when everyone knew it will be VOID if challenged constitutionally? A Total waste of money and another billions will be needed to conduct another one.....

Will that hold is another question....vicious circle.....

Huh?

Let's cancel it before it happens in case it gets disrupted. How very Minority Report.

That is like being arrested for not paying your taxes because someone had kidnapped you and put you in a cell in the basement.

The govt is not at fault for not completing the election. The EC carries out elections not the govt.

The government was warned many times by the EC that it wouldn't be able to complete the elections on Feb2 only. The EC suggested a postponedment. The government obfuscated with "we cannot", "we will not". A court ruled that a new Royal Decree could be issued to have new elections later. The same court suggested at that time the government and EC sit together and work it out. The government continued obfuscation, called meeting and found others who would recomment to continue, "we are told by others we should continue" Ms. Yingluck said.

So, who's at fault for trying to push through an election?

BTW somewhat off topic, but with a part of the population buying lottery tickets with Ms. Yingluck's numberplate numbers I'm at times wondering if part of the population already manged to get into the 20th century. Any talk about democracy and 'elections are democratic' may be lost on them.

The constitution is at fault for pushing through for an election. It is very clear about the time frame required.

Recommending a postponement is presumably unconstitutional. The action is for it to proceed. If not, why can't any government simply keep postponing elections?

What a circus! The ultimate aim is for Thailand to have a democracy Thai style which is one that the amataya or Bangkok/Army Elite are comfortable with.....

< yawn >

Can we move on from "amart" and "elite" . . . your boss and his cronies are just as much "elite" as anyone else involved in this . . .

Can one of the paranoid reds or their trolls please advise those of us who want to know, who or what are the Amart/amataya or whatever this Bangkok Elite is, you keep banging on about?. None of those vague Lord of the Rings or Harry Potter conspiracy theories or acronyms. Give us names please. Some of us poor confused non-believers (in conspiracy theories) want to know. Why are you so reluctant to name names? And I am sure that there are many people you are thinking of, other than "they who cannot be named for TVF and other legal reasons", So, let's have the names. Be brave now. I have said please several times.

While you are at it, you can also please define the major differences that upset you so much, between the Bangkok Elites (who-ever they are) and the Chiangmai elites (The Shinawatra clan & their cronies) There! I know who the Chiangmai elites are. There is no secret there.

P.S. If there are no names, then you are just repeating rumours & that is not only stupid, but it can also get you banned from TVF.

Even a private message would be helpful so I can at least see you are not just repeating Chinese Whispers.

Replace the word amart with the word hiso, and you realise how disingenuous your statement is. There are hundreds of books on the amart.

Do you have a concise list of who are the "upper crust" of the UK?

The chiangmai elite, is not elite by Bangkok standards and never will be. Did you know.there was another PM from Chiangmai before Thaksin. He was extremely short lived. Rumor has it that the Shinawatras were intimately connected business wise with that family.

That might go a long way to explaining the lack of respect accorded thaksin in Bangkok and his zeal in trying to eradicate drugs.

Still no names, yet everyone ( except perhaps you) says " We all know who they are." That indicates specific people. They apparently have a different view of who the amart than you. So lets get this right. Just TV presenters, dress designers, celebrity hairdressers & daddy's rich kids are behind it all. Those are the people that everyoine I know refers to as HiSo's. Not quite sure where Thaksin's drug blitz comes into all this but 2,500 or so extrajudicial killings by police and no reduction in the drug traffic points to a different motive behind that shameful episode in Thai history. AND Yes, I was here at the time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I suspect that you know full well that "naming names" of those deep down behind the PDRC will lead to the post being taken down and the poster suspended.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

If I might add, having been watching this discussion develop, laying a trap to get the unwary or impulsive suspended, and thus claim a TV scalp so to speak, may be behind this discussion. Just an idle thought!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 2

If there are no ammart:

- who has been bringing this huge upsurge of lese majeste cases since the coup?

- who owns most of the land in Thailand?

- what about the Crown Property Bureau (oh, sorry - delete that)

- why is Thailand one of the most unequal countries in Asia?

- why are the Army and Court systems laws unto themselves, above the elected politicians?

- why do the red shirts keep mentioning the ammart?

- why has democracy never taken root in Thailand, and there has been a series of coups and re-writes of the constitution?

- why are roads blocked off with hundreds of police lining the roads to allow motorcades to pass?

- why can Suthep, a known insurrectionist, walk free?

There are titled ammart unto the fifth generation, and ammart can also be appointed, as has obviously happened with many Thai-Chinese.

If it is suggested that there are no ammart, maybe next thing someone will be telling us that Thai-Chinese do not run Thailand? Yet it is a documented fact that they run up to 90% of the businesses here (although making up only about 10 or 15% or the population).

@ tilac2 -

If there is an "amart" then you should be able to name them. If not shut up about it or admit you are just spreading rumors which is enough to have you banned, which would be good for this forum.

Interesting you harp on about the Thai/Chinese running Thailand. You have described Thaksin and his family perfectly.

........................."- why are the Army and Court systems laws unto themselves, above the elected politicians?"........................... If that were the case the Shinawatras would all be in prison today and the country would be far better off.

........................."- why do the red shirts keep mentioning the ammart?"..........................They probably got the idea from you guys who keep dribbling about it on this forum.

• Like 2

hmmm the narrow reading of the constitution was probably the only result CC could make. The EC did not have protection, enforcement, etc to allow elections to take place. Crimes prevented all that, so posters are correct in saying problem was criminal, not constitutional. Police are supposed to enforce the law, arrest criminals, etc. Yeah, right. However the army told them to stay away and not enforce the laws. And who controls the army? Am I right in guessing they are more connected with Suthep and his backers?

"You're letting the government off the hook way too lightly here. They were in charge of security, not the EC. They had a state of emergency in place and the army under their command and they still failed to prevent the polls being disrupted." When the army plays coy with whether or not they will have a coup against sitting government, I would say the army was not under their command. As long as army gives tacit approval to disruption and violence to prevent elections, a new government will not come into power by voting, which is what Suthep and friends want. They would lose any election, right or wrong, so democracy ala voting is not on the menu.

This is why Thai politics are so perversely enjoyable - it´s not enough for the royalists to simply sabotage the elections through violence and administrative sabotage. It´s the second act that really takes the cake, where their "independent" (heh) courts and agencies move in to void the elections, because of... wait for it...

Royalist violence and sabotage.

Throw in a few smarmy lectures about what "democracy really means" and the importance of "the rule of law" ( this after their own insurgents and jurists have run roughshod over every law on the books with near impunity), and well, it´s something of a black farce. But enjoyable to watch from afar.

Edited by Mrgk
  • Like 1

Tens of thousands....were they marching by your house?....

No, they were missing in our Monday classes from our 50,000-student-body university after the Sunday election--a regular phenomenon at every election because of the many students who travel up to 300 kilometers on country roads and cow paths to get to their rural villages.

Notice how every forum has at least one numbskull naysayer who thinks it's his God-given mission to prove everyone else a liar? Respectfully, get a life. passifier.gif

Missing from Monday classes. Far be it from anyone to think that students would take advantage of an election to skip classes by saying they had to travel 300 kilometers on country roads and cow paths to get to their villages. I expect some of them actually did travel to their villages but 20,000 or more?

Probably more. But a cynic of your ilk wouldn't be convinced by the angel Gabriel. You need to get out of central Bangkok to see how the rest of Thailand operates.

You need to fire your information gathering PI. He/she is taking you for a ride. I have never lived in Bangkok all the years I've been here. And I have a firm handle on how Thailand operates. I've seen it all my friend.

As for being a cynic I take pride in being a cynic as per the following definition.

cyn·ic:

A person who advocates the doctrines that virtue is the only good, that the essence of virtue is self-control, and that surrender to any external influence is beneath human dignity.

• Like 1