Farmers dump tons of paddy at Government Lottery Office

Lite Beer

"The farmers were led to the lottery office by the renowned abbot, Luang Poo Buddha-issara.

The abbot and farmers demanded the office to buy paddy from farmers at 15,000 baht/ton on trucks but said that if they were dumped on the ground, the price would be lowered to 12,000 baht.

But until late today, nobody came out. The abbot then ordered the paddy be dumped from trucks on the ground."

A future awaits in political lobbying for the so called monk - probably cleaning the lobby, I feel. I am at a loss to understand what he feels he has achieved. Did he honestly wake up this morning and tell his minions,

"I know what we'll do to achieve justice for you rice farmers. We're going to drive a truck full of rice paddy to the Government Lottery Office and demand they buy it off us."

"The Lottery Office?"

"Yes, the Lottery Office. And then we'll offer them a discount if we dump it on the ground"

"A discount?"

"Yes, it'll show them that we won't put up with corruption in the Lottery"

"But you said you were going to achieve justice for the rice farmers"

"Well that as well, but we're going to wait until someone comes out to buy it off us and then we'll dump it on the ground - That'll show them"

"But how does that achieve justice for the rice farmers? The Lottery officials aren't going to buy rice paddy off us, we normally go to Rice Mills"

"Yes but they rip you off, and it's the governments fault"

"So, the Lottery Office then?"

"Yes, you.......! You got a better plan?"

Well, they must have learned that from the government which has tried to borrow 130 billion Baht from the most interesting institutions, banks and state controlled funds.

Anyway reading the topic it would seem it's much more a continuation of calling the government corrupt with even Ms. Yingluck's fall numberplate being lucky.

Any news on how much the BAAC already managed to pay out from the 20 billion the government borrowed from an emergency funds? That's assuming the MoF signed enough papers to have the money transferred to the BAAC. No need to hurry though. The disbursement was for farmers with receipts signed before the 9th of December. Makes you wonder how many more farmers are waiting as more than 100 billion more is needed.

It's called humour, rubl.

This "with even Ms. Yingluck's fall numberplate being lucky." is called schadenfraude.

That's the difference between a "Brit" and a "bitter".

A 'Brit' and a Dutch uncle you mean?

'schadenfraude' = pleasure derived from the misfortunes of others.

Interesting you came with that term in a topic of farmers who still wait for their money rolleyes.gif

• Like 1

"The farmers were led to the lottery office by the renowned abbot, Luang Poo Buddha-issara.

The abbot and farmers demanded the office to buy paddy from farmers at 15,000 baht/ton on trucks but said that if they were dumped on the ground, the price would be lowered to 12,000 baht.

But until late today, nobody came out. The abbot then ordered the paddy be dumped from trucks on the ground."

A future awaits in political lobbying for the so called monk - probably cleaning the lobby, I feel. I am at a loss to understand what he feels he has achieved. Did he honestly wake up this morning and tell his minions,

"I know what we'll do to achieve justice for you rice farmers. We're going to drive a truck full of rice paddy to the Government Lottery Office and demand they buy it off us."

"The Lottery Office?"

"Yes, the Lottery Office. And then we'll offer them a discount if we dump it on the ground"

"A discount?"

"Well that as well, but we're going to wait until someone comes out to buy it off us and then we'll dump it on the ground - That'll show them"

"But how does that achieve justice for the rice farmers? The Lottery officials aren't going to buy rice paddy off us, we normally go to Rice Mills"

Well, they must have learned that from the government which has tried to borrow 130 billion Baht from the most interesting institutions, banks and state controlled funds.

Anyway reading the topic it would seem it's much more a continuation of calling the government corrupt with even Ms. Yingluck's fall numberplate being lucky.

Any news on how much the BAAC already managed to pay out from the 20 billion the government borrowed from an emergency funds? That's assuming the MoF signed enough papers to have the money transferred to the BAAC. No need to hurry though. The disbursement was for farmers with receipts signed before the 9th of December. Makes you wonder how many more farmers are waiting as more than 100 billion more is needed.

This "with even Ms. Yingluck's fall numberplate being lucky." is called schadenfraude.

Interesting you came with that term in a topic of farmers who still wait for their money rolleyes.gif

No I said a "bitter". It's a state of mind.

No I said a "bitter". It's a state of mind.

Ah, you mean as in 'bitter' about the undemocratic government which managed to lose 700++ billion on the rice price pledging scheme and fails to pay farmers ?

What the heck is paddy? I thought a paddy was a place you grow rice. How can you put that on a truck? Is paddy a Thai term?

I think that paddy is rice at an earlier stage of processing - they do one or two more processes before they can call it rice (remove something I guess)

• Like 1

Great action, let the government pay in any way, for the farmers..

Hit them where it hurts..

Just to be clear, when the government pays for anything, it is really me and the other tax payers who pay, not the government, but yes it does hurt smile.png

An often overlooked fact,tax that you have to pay belongs to the government not you,they can spend it as they wish and do. It pays the wages of corrupt politicians,it buys aircraft carriers without aircraft, or out of date German submarines that aren't needed,or an over blown burocracy but it doesn't matter,its no longer your money. Oh and sometimes its used to improve the lives of impoverished people (but rarely )

"The Lottery Office?"

"A discount?"

It's actually called "schadenfreude", with an "e" (where the German word "Freude" means pleasure/joy. Fraude is something very different...

"The abbot then ordered the paddy be dumped from trucks on the ground."

When it comes to Buddhist monks I no little of their religion but does it include the authority to order people to engage in political actions as opposed to religious actions? Self immolation I can inderstand as a personal statement. Are monks free to take different sides in Thailand political contests, run for political office, even arm themselves (in reference to Mynamar monks making grenade attacks against Muslims)?

What the heck is paddy? I thought a paddy was a place you grow rice. How can you put that on a truck? Is paddy a Thai term?

Paddy rice is the individual rice kernels that are in their natural, unprocessed state. Sometimes referred to as rough rice.