CAPO accuses PDRC of storing up arms and arms training

webfact

CAPO accuses PDRC of storing up arms and arms training

popcorn-gunman-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The People’s Democratic Reform Committee has engaged in illegal arms training for its guards and illegally stocking up arms, the Centre for the Administration of Peace and Order (CAPO) accused today.

The charge was based on the confession of Mr Niwat Yodprasit, a suspected “pop corn” gunman recently arrested by police in Surat Thani and presented to the media on Thursday.

Niwat claimed that he was a guard of the People’s Democratic Reform Committee at Chaengwattana, was given arms training and provided with an M16 assault rifle. He also claimed that he was not forced to make the confession incriminating the PDRC.

In a statement issued today, CAPO said that Mr Niwat’s confession contradicted with the PDRC’s claim all along that its guards were unarmed and it did not advocate the use of force.

To back up the accusation against PDRC, CAPO referred to the police statistics which showed more than 300 policemen injured in clashes with the protesters. It also cited the case of a former red-shirt guard, Yuem Nilkla, who claimed he was abducted and badly beaten up and then thrown into the Bang Pakong river by PDRC guards.

CAPO then urged members of the public to refrain from joining the PDRC rally for their own safety.

CAPO has scheduled a meeting with all permanent secretaries on Monday for a policy briefing on how to deal with illegal activities of the protesters such as office blockade and intrusions.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/capo-accuses-pdrc-storing-arms-arms-training/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-03-21

I notice this is "claimed" and has not been proven as yet, maybe they should start waiting till they have actual proof unlike the yl kidnap team they claimed last time. The more they say the more they stick their foot in their mouths plus we also have reds saying that the police are going to supply them with all the weapons they need if their is a sign if insurection when yl is tossed out. Maybe they should start investigating themselves as that is probably more relevant

• Like 1

Total spin on what his own red shirt terrorists are actually doing.

This is a complete setup.

Drop the restrained SEO

Bring back the ISA which has less constraints.

Fudge up a false confession (I wonder how much they paid this prick).

Use the fake evidence to crack down on the protesters once and for all. (with armed police).

Chalerm is back.

Edited by RedUDead
  • Like 2

It seems incredulous that CAPO releases no statement about the UDD's plans for secession, for building up an army, for raiding ATMs, for going after the independent agencies. What goes through their heads when they see the video tape of February 23's UDD secessionist rally ? What goes through their minds when they hear on that tape a call for ten million to arm themselves with guns ? Are they living in a vacuum ? Why are they turning a blind eye to that ? For that matter, why is Yingluck turning a blind eye, not to mention every member of Pheu Thai ? Why haven't two cabinet ministers who were there -Charupong and Nuttawut - been held to account ? When will CAPO wake up and see what everyone else is seeing ?

They are not turning a blind eye.

They are actually all part of the movement. Including all the attacks on protesters and also the attempted assassination of a CC judge last night.

They are totally implicated in all the violence Bangkok has seen over the past 5 months.

People have to be totally naive not to see this.

Not only does Yingluck, PTP and Chalerm support all this, they are the ones ordering it.

Man I would love some defector to come out and blow the whistle on this in public, and stand up willing to testify against the lot of them.

• Like 2

They are not turning a blind eye.

They are actually all part of the movement. Including all the attacks on protesters and also the attempted assassination of a CC judge last night.

They are totally implicated in all the violence Bangkok has seen over the past 5 months.

People have to be totally naive not to see this.

Not only does Yingluck, PTP and Chalerm support all this, they are the ones ordering it.

Man I would love some defector to come out and blow the whistle on this in public, and stand up willing to testify against the lot of them.

Aint gunna happen, the guy would meet with an 'accident' long before he got his day in court.

What's even more incredulous is that some forum members are diverting from the topic subject, it's NOT about what the PTP/UDD are doing , it's about what the PDRC are allegedly doing based on information past to them from a "credible" source, ie the popcorn shooter.

In his statement whether it's true to fact or not or was made under duress (he didn't look under any duress in the press conference) he's made the claims that the PDRC trained him to use the weapon and gave him the weapon..

That kind of makes the headline fairly accurate.. they gave him the weapon to use would indicate, even to the thick people, that they had a SUPPLY, and if you have a supply, wouldn't it be perfectly normal to say they came from a stock? and a stock is what? yep a store..

They taught him how to use the weapons, kind of also indicates that "someone" actually trained him

So is the headline totally inaccurate? It is if you're supporting the party involved. wink.png

Who mentioned he was making a confession under duress?

10 million baht in an offshore bank account for him and a promise he will be allowed out of prison fast would be enough to get him to say anything.

You think Thaksin and this government are above doing this sort of thing?

Even the thick people are not that stupid to give Thksin the benefit of the doubt.

• Like 1

What's even more incredulous is that some forum members are diverting from the topic subject, it's NOT about what the PTP/UDD are doing , it's about what the PDRC are allegedly doing based on information past to them from a "credible" source, ie the popcorn shooter.

In his statement whether it's true to fact or not or was made under duress (he didn't look under any duress in the press conference) he's made the claims that the PDRC trained him to use the weapon and gave him the weapon..

That kind of makes the headline fairly accurate.. they gave him the weapon to use would indicate, even to the thick people, that they had a SUPPLY, and if you have a supply, wouldn't it be perfectly normal to say they came from a stock? and a stock is what? yep a store..

They taught him how to use the weapons, kind of also indicates that "someone" actually trained him

So is the headline totally inaccurate? It is if you're supporting the party involved. wink.png

Its quite possible that what the guy said is true (although i personally doubt it)

Doesnt change the fact that the UDD is doing exactly the same thing and shouting about it from the rooftops... dont see no CAPO statements or moves against the UDD, do you?

Double Standards, the very thing they were protesting about previously... Hypocrit springs to mind

• Like 1

The headline isn't about what the UDD are doing though is it? The headline is about what the PDRC are "allegedly" doing, in my wolrd, that's called changing the subject, or derailing it, I'm not ignorant of the fact that it's more than certain to be an ongoing thing with the UDD, and when the headlines reflect that, I'll make similar comments.

Bottom line, this guy has been grassed up in the first place he's now singing and some people are probably now taking some time out away from Bangkok

Redudead, you need to stay of the yabba/heroin mix, you're watch too many movies, 10,000,000 baht. where did you pluck that figure from?

Seriously. with all the money that Thaksin has, I'm guessing he could snuff out Suthep tomorrow if he wanted to, you think that even if the PTP folded, he wouldn't find another way to stir the crap? You can theorize all you want about what will happen, but people like Thaksin, don't just fade away like the corners of an old paper,

• Like 2

What a bloody joke. Red shirts are planning to secede and have come out to say they're raising a 600,000 strong militia and CAPO does nothing. Police beat a confession out of someone they arrested and suddenly the PRDC is storing up arms. Oh yeah! This is brilliant investigative work! Sherlock Holmes would be proud! clap2.gif

so you personally witnessed the police beating the confession out of this guy???? What a joke

• Like 1

10 million baht in an offshore bank account for him and a promise he will be allowed out of prison fast would be enough to get him to say anything.

Even the thick people are not that stupid to give Thksin the benefit of the doubt.

Yes an obvious set up, probably backed by the criminal in Dubai and yes there are actually are people that thick on Thai Visa that believe every lie from PT, YS TS & UDD

What a bloody joke. Red shirts are planning to secede and have come out to say they're raising a 600,000 strong militia and CAPO does nothing. Police beat a confession out of someone they arrested and suddenly the PRDC is storing up arms. Oh yeah! This is brilliant investigative work! Sherlock Holmes would be proud! clap2.gif

Police beat a confession? another baseless accusation.

If they did, at least they didn't tie him up and chuck in the river after they were done.

Police beat a confession? another baseless accusation.

If they did, at least they didn't tie him up and chuck in the river after they were done.

Not yet, anyway

Waiting for a new session with k. Surapong explaining to the international community, diplomats and UN that the ISA is justified with such horrible actions of PDRC and so.

Next he'll repeat his request to foreign envoys to help get their people to take a holiday in Thailand.

• Like 1

"He also claimed that he was not forced to make the confession incriminating the PDRC."

This whole thing is a very poor attempt by the cops and PT....with infantile assistance from Chalerm, to make stupid and childish like claims against the PDRC .

This stooge should be taken out!

Not sure how long you've been here in Thailand......but anyway..this stuff happens everyday......and a stooge like this would get 100K max. for what he has told...probably less...and maybe zero for a non jail term!...

Offshore account???...<deleted>...he can probably only just read Thai, let alone make an international draft!

The guys a dumb ass.....there's plenty of these guys that will do anything for money...not big money....50k for a hit usually!

• Like 1

"It is if you're supporting the party involved."

I do indeed. The question I'd ask you is 'Why do you support the other side?" Honestly the guy I saw in the photos next to the Popcorn shooter makes that alleged shooter look like a.... well. a virgin.

From the picture of chalerm and that guy sitting together and smiling at each other, I would guess it was done without beating.

• Like 2

I don't support either side mate, I did support the protester's until they started infringing on the rights of the non protesters and started becoming more radical.

I also don't believe that arming the guards was a smart move either, especially with illegal weapons.

The headline isn't about what the UDD are doing though is it? The headline is about what the PDRC are "allegedly" doing, in my wolrd, that's called changing the subject, or derailing it, I'm not ignorant of the fact that it's more than certain to be an ongoing thing with the UDD, and when the headlines reflect that, I'll make similar comments.

Bottom line, this guy has been grassed up in the first place he's now singing and some people are probably now taking some time out away from Bangkok

Redudead, you need to stay of the yabba/heroin mix, you're watch too many movies, 10,000,000 baht. where did you pluck that figure from?

Seriously. with all the money that Thaksin has, I'm guessing he could snuff out Suthep tomorrow if he wanted to, you think that even if the PTP folded, he wouldn't find another way to stir the crap? You can theorize all you want about what will happen, but people like Thaksin, don't just fade away like the corners of an old paper,

The headline starts with "CAPO accuses...". So it's entirely fair to discuss CAPO's double standard.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

The headline starts with "CAPO accuses...". So it's entirely fair to discuss CAPO's double standard.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Yes, and I could omit certain words as well that would then say PDRC storing up arms and arms training.. would that be a fair assessment?

Isn't this what a detained guard is saying ?

However I chose to focus on the entire headline, up to you if you want to talk about double standards, after all, here we have a PDRC guard under arrest for being the popcorn shooter, and also two other guards this week caught in possession of illegal weapons, not been a good week for the PDRC has it?

Oh and I'm sure that seeing as it's Friday, we must be due another "Final" push speach? what happened to the big rally in a few days too... that's been 7 days and not a dickie bird, tell me, what's the crowd size like these days at Lumpini? Nobody seems to be reporting this these days??

Maybe, just maybe, someone was so cock sure of himself, that 4 months later, and "Tiny Tears" is still in the hot seat, they totally underestimated the current situation? It's gone all quiet as well from General Prayuth as well? .. maybe all isn't so "rosy" in the reds camp, but it can't be much better in the yellow one either ;)

• Like 1

And YL says "please be fair.....sob....sob...."

• Like 1