iHerb order 2 months delay, give up hope?

Soulwy

In December I ordered and got it delivered in 2 weeks. Nicely in my PO Box.

In January I had 2 orders of about 60 USD and after 2 months they still haven't arrived.

Should I give up hope of ever receiving them? I live on a touristy island, and people change in the high season. Maybe the packages got "scooped" by staff. Don't know, could be.

I separated 1 big order into 2 small orders to manage risk, but did not really work out :-)

How about your iHerb orders lately?

• Like 1

I emailed them, but CS answered that it most likely were held at the customs of Thailand. Not sure if complaining will help, as the shipping costs are very low without any guarantees.

Funny, you mention Q10, I did order this :-)

• 3 weeks later...

A friend tried to order from IHerb a few days ago and they told him that they are not sending parcels to Thailand....They are in discussion with the Thai Government about it.

$4 is nice, but doesn't weigh up when the parcel doesn't reach your front door … :-(

As I haven't received a phone call or email from DHL to pay customs duty, my guess is that the customs have held the parcel because some products are not allowed to enter Thailand (like Q10 I think).

iHerb confirmed this.

I only wished that there was a list where we can see which products the Customs does and doesn't allow to enter Thailand.

Edited by Soulwy

• 1 month later...

I just ordered some Saw Palmetto today, they did mention on their site that they were in negotiation with the Thai Goverment, but I placed my order without any hassle and got confirmation. I've only spent $14 including the $4 postage, so I'm not too out of pocket if it doesn't arrive.

$4 is nice, but doesn't weigh up when the parcel doesn't reach your front door … :-(

As I haven't received a phone call or email from DHL to pay customs duty, my guess is that the customs have held the parcel because some products are not allowed to enter Thailand (like Q10 I think).

iHerb confirmed this.

I only wished that there was a list where we can see which products the Customs does and doesn't allow to enter Thailand.

$4 doesn't get you DHL for starters, it gets you Thai Mail with whom they have an agreement.

Received two packets last week both under $50 no problem

In fact I've never had a problem with iHerb, but I don't go over $50

They don't put Q10 on the outside just 'Items for personal use'

• 4 months later...

Any new updates on this? I placed an order on the 14th Was shipped on the 16th and still hasn't arrived. I'm in the Mueang Chonburi area. Thanks

I've ordered several things from them in the last couple of months, usually takes 2-3 weeks, but everything I've ordered, except a few things ordered this week, have all come through.

Any new updates on this? I placed an order on the 14th Was shipped on the 16th and still hasn't arrived. I'm in the Mueang Chonburi area. Thanks

I've ordered several things from them in the last couple of months, usually takes 2-3 weeks, but everything I've ordered, except a few things ordered this week, have all come through.

Tuesday will have been 4 weeks since it's been shipped :( Should I be worried? Can I ask what area of Thailand do you stay in? If it's held in customs will they give me some kind of notice?

Tuesday will have been 4 weeks since it's been shipped sad.png Should I be worried? Can I ask what area of Thailand do you stay in? If it's held in customs will they give me some kind of notice?

I'm in Pattaya, never had any hold-ups with any mail except from China. Never had to pay any duty on I Herb products either.

• Like 1

Turns out it's been sitting at my post office! No notifications, no calls, nothing. Had my wife contact the post office and she was able to find one box there. I asked the postal worker several times. Are you sure this is the only box? (I ordered like 20 boxes!) She said No.

When I checked my account I saw I had several orders placed prior to the one that arrived. So I have my wife call the post office AGAIN. They were able to find 15 more boxes. ! Hmmm TIT Turns out the only orders I got nicked for customs were over $50. So I learned my lesson there (only 540 baht). Each other box was only 8 baht to clear from the Post office.

Everything did arrive though so I'm very very happy. !

Turns out it's been sitting at my post office! No notifications, no calls, nothing. Had my wife contact the post office and she was able to find one box there. I asked the postal worker several times. Are you sure this is the only box? (I ordered like 20 boxes!) She said No.

When I checked my account I saw I had several orders placed prior to the one that arrived. So I have my wife call the post office AGAIN. They were able to find 15 more boxes. ! Hmmm TIT Turns out the only orders I got nicked for customs were over $50. So I learned my lesson there (only 540 baht). Each other box was only 8 baht to clear from the Post office.

I've been waiting for an order for 5 weeks... I've already been to the post office and it's not there... but I will try again in another few days....

I placed another order 3 weeks ago and it came in only 8 days!

I've been waiting for an order for 5 weeks... I've already been to the post office and it's not there... but I will try again in another few days....

I placed another order 3 weeks ago and it came in only 8 days!

Mine were in two separate parts of the post office. You might ask

Them to check again. If your order was over $50 they will likely have customs tax. My wife had to ask about 5 times !!

• 3 weeks later...

-Update-

In the end (4-5 month later ) I received a refund of both packages. I emailed iHerb many, many times. You will get standard, unpersonalized emails, but keep on responding. Also contact iHerb on FB.

You know, knowing they don't refund lost packages shipped by standard mail, I really appreciate they refunded my 2 orders. So I kept ordering from iHerb from different countries, but smaller orders around 30 USD (order and learn :-) )

btw Vitacost is a good alternative. Some items are cheaper, and sometimes it weighs out the higher shipping costs for small packages. And a plus: it is with tracking.