Help appreciated; what kind of snake?

PingandSingh

Thanks Worgeordie,

Are you sure it is harmless? Can you know the snake by looking at the old skin?

If harmless I do not want to remove it. I just feel not comfortable with snakes on my balconies and even inside my house without knowing them. Do you think they can move (hide) in blue pvc drain pipes?

Thanks

I had to deal with one of these recently when it came into the house. They're great climbers and will actually climb up anything even brick walls. Very fast.

They do bite when cornered but aren't super venomous. Wearing gloves worked, after pinning it down with a broom.

• Like 1

Thanks Worgeordie,

Are you sure it is harmless? Can you know the snake by looking at the old skin?

If harmless I do not want to remove it. I just feel not comfortable with snakes on my balconies and even inside my house without knowing them. Do you think they can move (hide) in blue pvc drain pipes?

Thanks

Yes. I have never heard of anyone being harmed or killed by a piece of old shed skin.

Snakes rarely hang about too long in one particular area. It`s probably gone on it`s merry way by now. No need to become paranoid over a piece of dead skin.

Edited by Beetlejuice

• 8 years later...

Living at PKK for almost 6 yrs now.  Rarely saw any snakes.  At the house for 3+ months, and 3rd snake on the property.  Rather large Malayan Pit Viper.

Didn't end well for the snake ... ????

pitViper.png

Edited by KhunLA

On 3/23/2014 at 8:29 AM, worgeordie said:

I can tell by the markings on the head of the slough skin, No they should not be

in drain pipes,their natural habitat is in trees.

Its a misconception that snakes are out to attack people ,thats why so many are

killed by misinformed people,killed without thinking,there are only very few snakes

that will attack you, Mambas from Africa,King Cobra when on nest of eggs,and one

in Australia,the brown snake I think it is.All of them just want to flee when they see

a human.Don't worry. Golden tree snake Chrysopelea ornata.

regards Worgeordie

Brown snakes normally slide away. They dont chase people like Mambas. Eastern brown is world no 2 most venomous. Inland Taipan is world number 1.

Black snakes are more aggressive. 

90% of deaths due to idiots trying to kill the snake. Stand still dont move they go away. Mambas the main exception.