wearing all your gold?

padsterj

Curious really makes no difference to me but the Mrs has recently taken to wearing all her big gold chains and bracelets,rings and rolex ect but not dressing up or even useing makeup i asked her why and got told,no reason ? I suspect some sort of competition between the lady's in the condo block as they all seem to have there bling on, takes me all my time to wear a watch don't like jewelry on myself, any thoughts guys,I felt better when it was all locked in the bank to me she is just letting everyone know she is worth robbing

• Like 1

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because she's an insecure idiot?

I'm the complete opposite. I'd rather be seen in track pants and a t-shirt and have everyone think I'm poor, versus wandering around with a bunch of gold. That's why instead of buying myself a $700 smart phone, I have this fashionable $30 Nokia.

im the same i try not to stand out or get recognised but i do have to have my smart phone.

• Like 1

What's the point of wearing a Rolex. I am yet to meet a Thai that can tell the difference between a genuine one and a Patpong special.

I have yet to meet a farang who can...wink.png

Nope.

Take this any way you want . . . . . . Those who know me and most Thais I work with aren't expecting a fake Rolex.

Watch sellers can spot my "onld mod-Elle" Datejust from three metres.

I reckon it's safe enough to wear it though; like most everything else here the genuine article is well-hidden in plain sight here amongst a sea of fakes.

"Sometimes, 'fuggedabowdit' just means fuggedabowdit. . . . "

It`s all to do with appearances and trying to convince everyone that they are of high status and of considerable wealth. In other words they are showing off.

The wife and I have a nice stash of jewellery, gold, diamond rings, watches and old family heirlooms, stuff that has been handed down by family through the generations or that we bought many years ago for what we believed would be an investment. They are all kept in a strong box at our bank and these items have not seen the light of day for years, in fact we have forgotten what they look like or how much we have. All this expensive junk will eventually be passed on to our children, otherwise we have no interest in it, what for?. Besides that, we would be too scared to wear expensive jewellery out in public, as victims of robbery waiting to happen. It`s just not practical these days nor safe, not worth the high risks involved just for appearances sake.

Showing of....they do it fysically.....u do it in writing....

I can`t help being well to do and successful, just that I don`t like to boast about these things.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAtSw3daGoo

• Like 2

Forget the being able to tell if it's a copy or not. I have yet to meet a Woman who knows when you want to meet at 14:00 it does not mean 15:30. So what's the watch for?

Just because you want to do something at a certain time, it doesn't mean that everyone else does.

Forget the being able to tell if it's a copy or not. I have yet to meet a Woman who knows when you want to meet at 14:00 it does not mean 15:30. So what's the watch for?

Just because you want to do something at a certain time, it doesn't mean that everyone else does.

True but when an agreed meeting time is set it is polite and courteous to be on time no? If I want to meet someone for lunch at 14:00 then is it nor right to meet at 14:00. And with a Rolex on it should be good enough to work at the correct time :P

<b>It`s all to do with appearances and trying to convince everyone that they are of high status and of considerable wealth.</b> In other words they are showing off.

The wife and I have a nice stash of jewellery, gold, diamond rings, watches and old family heirlooms, stuff that has been handed down by family through the generations or that we bought many years ago for what we believed would be an investment. They are all kept in a strong box at our bank and these items have not seen the light of day for years, in fact we have forgotten what they look like or how much we have. All this expensive junk will eventually be passed on to our children, otherwise we have no interest in it, what for?. Besides that, we would be too scared to wear expensive jewellery out in public, as victims of robbery waiting to happen. It`s just not practical these days nor safe, not worth the high risks involved just for appearances sake.

So, your saying that the OP just wants to "keep up with the Jonse's" by buying his wife expensive presents ?

I'm the complete opposite. I'd rather be seen in track pants and a t-shirt and have everyone think I'm poor, versus wandering around with a bunch of gold. That's why instead of buying myself a $700 smart phone, I have this fashionable $30 Nokia.

but very common....

• Like 1

True but when an agreed meeting time is set it is polite and courteous to be on time no? If I want to meet someone for lunch at 14:00 then is it nor right to meet at 14:00. And with a Rolex on it should be good enough to work at the correct time tongue.png

Just because there is an agreement in your mind, doesn't mean it's in other peoples minds also :)

but very common....

i think you have just perfectly described the issue with the woman in question - albeit inadvertently.

<b>It`s all to do with appearances and trying to convince everyone that they are of high status and of considerable wealth.</b> In other words they are showing off.

So, your saying that the OP just wants to "keep up with the Jonse's" by buying his wife expensive presents ?

Am I? Are you sure?