wearing all your gold?

padsterj

Ok seems I need to add more info as a few have the wrong conclusions we have been together for 5 years i never had much money which she knew, yet she is quite wealthy she is well educated and was never a bar girl her family are all well to do, also everything we own other than my house in uk is hers bought with her money ,she pays for everything here we buy land and houses ect she adds my name to them we had a couple of business in uk which we sold when moving here. Hope that clears things up a bit :)

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wanted to buy a huge fat (fake) golden neckless yesterday but even that 600 baht was to much for me haha. I only want to wear it 1 day to see if they treat me different here. I really don't understand the Thai and their "look at me" culture. They would rather invest ALL their money in something to show off then just relax and enjoy life.

No it doesn't OP. I know many "hi-so" Thai folk and they do not wear gold, period. Why, cos they don't, period. Bar girls do to show off their new found wealth (farang). Sorry chum, perhaps she is just a show off, but for sure her hi-so family will be frowning.

Edited by transam

<b>It`s all to do with appearances and trying to convince everyone that they are of high status and of considerable wealth.</b> In other words they are showing off.

The wife and I have a nice stash of jewellery, gold, diamond rings, watches and old family heirlooms, stuff that has been handed down by family through the generations or that we bought many years ago for what we believed would be an investment. They are all kept in a strong box at our bank and these items have not seen the light of day for years, in fact we have forgotten what they look like or how much we have. All this expensive junk will eventually be passed on to our children, otherwise we have no interest in it, what for?. Besides that, we would be too scared to wear expensive jewellery out in public, as victims of robbery waiting to happen. It`s just not practical these days nor safe, not worth the high risks involved just for appearances sake.

So, your saying that the OP just wants to "keep up with the Jonse's" by buying his wife expensive presents ?

Am I? Are you sure?

Your words

<b>It`s all to do with appearances and trying to convince everyone that they are of high status and of considerable wealth.</b>

Maybe I am guilty of misunderstanding. Maybe you could be so gracious as to clarify for me :)

Is it that you don't believe that the OP was willingly buying the gold for his wife ?

post-163165-0-43928500-1395569425_thumb.

Ok seems I need to add more info as a few have the wrong conclusions we have been together for 5 years i never had much money which she knew, yet she is quite wealthy she is well educated and was never a bar girl her family are all well to do, also everything we own other than my house in uk is hers bought with her money ,she pays for everything here we buy land and houses ect she adds my name to them we had a couple of business in uk which we sold when moving here. Hope that clears things up a bit smile.png

She's just pretending to her family and friends that she was very successful whilst living abroad.with you.

• Like 1

Ok seems I need to add more info as a few have the wrong conclusions we have been together for 5 years i never had much money which she knew, yet she is quite wealthy she is well educated and was never a bar girl her family are all well to do, also everything we own other than my house in uk is hers bought with her money ,she pays for everything here we buy land and houses ect she adds my name to them we had a couple of business in uk which we sold when moving here. Hope that clears things up a bit smile.png

I think your trolling a little, mon amis. whistling.gif

• Like 2

and how do manage to get that conclusion lol a quick look at my posts and how long i been a member should clear that one straight up :) or are you been sarcastic because she's the one with the money i don't know lol

Edited by padsterj

Because she's an insecure idiot?

I'm the complete opposite. I'd rather be seen in track pants and a t-shirt and have everyone think I'm poor, versus wandering around with a bunch of gold. That's why instead of buying myself a $700 smart phone, I have this fashionable $30 Nokia.

So you'd rather have an 800 Baht Nokia than an iPhone ? blink.png

I've got both, but the Nokia only gets used if I am right on the Piss, I set my iPhone up to call forward and leave it at home, I don't care if I lose the Nokia, but I would be mourning for 99 Days and have a state funeral if I lost my iPhone.

• Like 1

and how do manage to get that conclusion lol a quick look at my posts and how long i been a member should clear that one straight up smile.png or are you been sarcastic because she's the one with the money i don't know lol

Weeeeeeeeeell, don't care how long you have been here, don't care how long you have been a member, just read my input and move on. If I plant a seed then perhaps eyes will open a little more. Hope so, but you carry on and wonder why your gray cells wanted to post.

• Like 1

Because she's an insecure idiot?

I'm the complete opposite. I'd rather be seen in track pants and a t-shirt and have everyone think I'm poor, versus wandering around with a bunch of gold. That's why instead of buying myself a $700 smart phone, I have this fashionable $30 Nokia.

so you want the OP's Mrs wearing track pants and a t-shirt that you don't consider her an "insecure idiot"?

would you like to know whom i consider a "poor insecure and arrogant idiot"?

• Like 2

Yeah OP, you're doing this all wrong. Switch out the gold, and buy her a Mercedes. That's how real Thais show off. smile.png

some Farangs buy a Mercedes for their wives for various reasons. not necessarily to show off, but basically because they can whistling.gif

• Like 2

Yeah OP, you're doing this all wrong. Switch out the gold, and buy her a Mercedes. That's how real Thais show off. smile.png

some Farangs buy a Mercedes for their wives for various reasons. not necessarily to show off, but basically because they can whistling.gif

Very true Naam.

I get tired of hearing from people who say they WOULD NEVER buy in Thailand.

Maybe they have no choice and couldn't buy in Thailand anyway, simply because they don't have the money, I know guys that have rented for over 20 years in Thailand, I also know guys that bought over 20 years ago, guess who comes out on top ?

so you want the OP's Mrs wearing track pants and a t-shirt that you don't consider her an "insecure idiot"?

No. It's just OP makes it sound as though she leaves the house with 3kg of gold hanging from her body, simply to show it off.

There's a difference. If you buy a Mercedes because you enjoy the car and the ride it provides, then by all means, good on you. If you buy a Mercedes to show off, and so people will think you're wealthy, then in my eyes, you're a &lt;deleted&gt; retard.

<b>It`s all to do with appearances and trying to convince everyone that they are of high status and of considerable wealth.</b> In other words they are showing off.

The wife and I have a nice stash of jewellery, gold, diamond rings, watches and old family heirlooms, stuff that has been handed down by family through the generations or that we bought many years ago for what we believed would be an investment. They are all kept in a strong box at our bank and these items have not seen the light of day for years, in fact we have forgotten what they look like or how much we have. All this expensive junk will eventually be passed on to our children, otherwise we have no interest in it, what for?. Besides that, we would be too scared to wear expensive jewellery out in public, as victims of robbery waiting to happen. It`s just not practical these days nor safe, not worth the high risks involved just for appearances sake.

So, your saying that the OP just wants to "keep up with the Jonse's" by buying his wife expensive presents ?

Am I? Are you sure?

Your words

<b>It`s all to do with appearances and trying to convince everyone that they are of high status and of considerable wealth.</b>

Maybe I am guilty of misunderstanding. Maybe you could be so gracious as to clarify for me smile.png

Is it that you don't believe that the OP was willingly buying the gold for his wife ?

attachicon.gifgoldsmith.jpg

I don`t know any more. I am a Vulcan, I`ve lost my mind.

It`s all to do with appearances and trying to convince everyone that they are of high status and of considerable wealth. In other words they are showing off.

Showing of....they do it fysically.....u do it in writing....

I can`t help being well to do and successful, just that I don`t like to boast about these things.

Thanks for proving my point.

No. It's just OP makes it sound as though she leaves the house with 3kg of gold hanging from her body, simply to show it off.

There's a difference. If you buy a Mercedes because you enjoy the car and the ride it provides, then by all means, good on you. If you buy a Mercedes to show off, and so people will think you're wealthy, then in my eyes, you're a <deleted> retard.

Hey steady on, I'm accepting delivery of my new Bentley Continental GT at my hut on the farm next week.

Obviously you can't afford the Gold, or the car....smile.png

Oh no, don't tell me, you're rich, right ? giggle.gif

Edited by 10Yen

Hey steady on, I'm accepting delivery of my new Bentley Continental GT at my hut on the farm next week.

Obviously you can't afford the Gold, or the car....smile.png

You're so witty. :)

Oh no, don't tell me, you're rich, right ? giggle.gif

That would be none of your business.

There's a difference. If you buy a Mercedes because you enjoy the car and the ride it provides, then by all means, good on you. If you buy a Mercedes to show off, and so people will think you're wealthy, then in my eyes, you're a <deleted> retard.

but it's difficult to judge who bought what for which purpose, isn't it?

It`s all to do with appearances and trying to convince everyone that they are of high status and of considerable wealth. In other words they are showing off.

Showing of....they do it fysically.....u do it in writing....

Somebody has to know, you know.

Forget the being able to tell if it's a copy or not. I have yet to meet a Woman who knows when you want to meet at 14:00 it does not mean 15:30. So what's the watch for?

Just because you want to do something at a certain time, it doesn't mean that everyone else does.

True but when an agreed meeting time is set it is polite and courteous to be on time no? If I want to meet someone for lunch at 14:00 then is it nor right to meet at 14:00. And with a Rolex on it should be good enough to work at the correct time tongue.png

Just because there is an agreement in your mind, doesn't mean it's in other peoples minds also smile.png

An agreement it made between 2 or more people. Not in ones mind wai2.gif

• Like 1