Police rescue 31 girls in 'sting' operation

Lite Beer

Tip of the iceberg... If authorities would really want to fight against prostitution, they would start to clean all entertainment venues, starting by ALL massage parlors on Ratchada, Nana Plaza and Cowboy and so on... This Chacherngsao operation is probably the result of the owner not paying enough money to the police. CORRUPTION is the CANCER of the Thai Society. Police = Mafia. They control all and nothing will never change unless there is a deep and final cleaning of the Police, main root cause of the rapid downfall of this country which is no more State and no more Authority, other than money and corruption. This country is a total ANARCHY. I am just reminding facts that are very well known, but it reaches such an indecent level of hypocrisy that the whole country is now DOOMED.

Exactly...

And most times the police also run these places as well through the mafia or their own... I knew one place in a small place that was ran by the police and only the police could go there...they were the freshies before being shipped off to the other places... you had to be invited... so while as it has been said... there is a concerted effort by the officials... its just tid bit for the public to be fooled into thinking all this stuff is being cleaned up... Just to satisfy the UN's human slavery issues with this country and to record some stats as it is almost time for ASEAN to take over... 2015...

• Like 2

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tip of the iceberg... If authorities would really want to fight against prostitution, they would start to clean all entertainment venues, starting by ALL massage parlors on Ratchada, Nana Plaza and Cowboy and so on... This Chacherngsao operation is probably the result of the owner not paying enough money to the police. CORRUPTION is the CANCER of the Thai Society. Police = Mafia. They control all and nothing will never change unless there is a deep and final cleaning of the Police, main root cause of the rapid downfall of this country which is no more State and no more Authority, other than money and corruption. This country is a total ANARCHY. I am just reminding facts that are very well known, but it reaches such an indecent level of hypocrisy that the whole country is now DOOMED.

Bugger me, I bet you are a laugh-a-minute to have a pint with. What a proper boring rant....

Decency and Respect for Women are not measured in number of laughs and pints.

• Like 1

Were these children or adults? I do wish the Nation's constant habit of referring to adult females as children would stop.

Yes, they are prostitutes, so what? Why insult them with diminishing terms, " girls"? Seems to be standard when adult female sexuality is involved- too uncomfortable for the writers? " Girls.. young ladies," etc etc How about what they are- women.

BTW selling sex for money is legal, it's the third party " pimp" profit that isn't, which is a very sensible law. Too bad, like most other laws , it isn't upheld with any consistency. Just when some tea money needs to be collected or a face needs to be put forward.

Edited by EBlair48
  • Like 1

this brings to light a part of thailand that is totally negitive. The flesh trade. 'Men" who pay for sex are directly perputating and promoting human misery.

Puritanical nonsense. As long as it between consenting adults, everyone should be able to make their own choice. FORCED prostitution is a whole different thing and the purveyors should be dealt with severely.

*most* people have no free will. no matter what u're fooling yourself uslysses...

I applaud the police for rescuing these poor girls, and I hope the system will lock these evil traffickers up and throw away the key. The sun does not want to shine on these creatures ever again. This will send out a strong message to other cruel-hearted ruffians everywhere.

This will go no where. Nothing will be done because of the endemic greed that exists in the realm.

Come back in a 100 years and it is unlikely that there will be any change...TIT

• Like 1

The problem with these kinds of news reports is it's often impossible to tell whether the situation on the ground is either:

A. - a legitimate case of forced prostitution/human trafficking where the women are being held against their will.

vs.

B. the common voluntary performance of prostitution in all its forms that occurs here. But of course, on those rare instances where the police swoop in, the women certainly aren't going to say, "yes, of course we were there voluntarily as prostitutes." Especially if they're there as probably illegal foreigners, they're going to say they were being held against their will.

Certainly there are cases of forced prostitution, and that clearly should be abhorred. But just because the police or the women involved claim the situation was such, doesn't mean it actually was.

Although it certainly goes against our sensibilities, there are poor families in Thailand and neighboring countries who in various forms sell their daughters into prostitution for whatever reasons knowing full well what they're doing. And there are daughters who do it, as bad as it may be, out of a sense of obligation to their families.

I'd imagine that's a larger portion of the whole prostitution-human trafficking enterprise than the authorities here are willing or inclined to admit.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

I applaud the police for rescuing these poor girls, and I hope the system will lock these evil traffickers up and throw away the key. The sun does not want to shine on these creatures ever again. This will send out a strong message to other cruel-hearted ruffians everywhere.

very true but spare a thought for those that have 'forged' passports - that they will be treated kindly and compassionately not having to endure yet more 'pain'

Thailand is not good at this. Often victims are found and have some 'document transgression' then get another dose of ill-treatment because of this

God help them... hope it works out and they find a way out of their hell

Yep, Lets hope they don't just move them all to the "shirt" sweat shop down the road.

Thankfully, or I hope, 99% of you won't ever see the type of place these miserable ladies will end up in. These places aren't lit up in Neon with booming music playing. They are the type of place, down some dark soi where if a foreigner even wanders too close some bozo security guard comes and chases you away sharpish.
This is organised crime which runs deep and ANY dent in their vile activities should be greeted with applause and thanks. One hopes these victims are treated with compassion and care by the authorities in this case.

You're not wrong - I know a couple of English teachers out at Chachoengsao. They are miserable low life scum! One carries a knife and the other can't even afford one.

Commendable wishes, but never the less improbable and impossible to implement with

all the good intention in the world...

Tell me, have you bought a place here or just renting?
  • Like 1

It's not Pattaya'esque sex tourism where the predators are not the old men with wallets open by the way . . . It's the closed brothels, casas I think which imprison women and girls and force them under threat of violence into prostitution.

Farang will not see such places.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Gentlemen, if I may offer an opinion.

Firstly I would like to know, as another commentor has already asked, what age were they.

Secondly, any man amongst us who has ever suffered from a wife can tell you everything you need to know about prostitution. (Before some of you start bleetting about how pure your wife is, let me say that there are always exceptions to any rule, but rules of thumb there are.)

In my youth I was naive enough to think that women looked upon men in the same way the we looked upon them. With chastity and honour. But I have aged since then. In their world a man's role is solely to support them and their need for shopping. Do any of you really think that these girls were dragged here at gunpoint or under the guise of getting well paid jobs. For me to think that would be to insult the genuine intelligence of the female. How many of you have heard one female say to another..." be sure to marry a rich guy". To me this is prostitution in its most basic form.

Third page and that's about the right time for the old 'all women are hookers' statement.

Thanks for your deep and considered opinion.

"...who has ever suffered from a wife..."

Not bitter are we?

Edited by NanLaew
  • Like 2

It's not Pattaya'esque sex tourism where the predators are not the old men with wallets open by the way . . . It's the closed brothels, casas I think which imprison women and girls and force them under threat of violence into prostitution.

not all are closed. I have visited several of these places. girls have papers but no access to those until their "time" is done (repaying all -inflated- fees that were spent on them). after that they can start making "money". most come from burma (all ethnics), laos and sipsongpanna (yunnan). . . . (often nearby 24/24 "resort"-style hotel that made deal with brothel OR is owned by brothel). they live in brothel all in one room and have to clean and cook and stuff. sometimes there's pimp, not always.... often there is a sidecar motorcycle-driver outside who will bring customer and gal to room. and always there's police to pay... of course.

Edited by bonobo
edited to remove prices as that is too close to the forum rules not to get into the specifics. Due to the nature of the thread, the remainder of this post is left as it is pertinent to the subject.
  • Like 1

not all are closed. I have visited several of these places. girls have papers but no access to those until their "time" is done (repaying all -inflated- fees that were spent on them). after that they can start making "money". most come from burma (all ethnics), laos and sipsongpanna (yunnan). . . . . (often nearby 24/24 "resort"-style hotel that made deal with brothel OR is owned by brothel). they live in brothel all in one room and have to clean and cook and stuff. sometimes there's pimp, not always.... often there is a sidecar motorcycle-driver outside who will bring customer and gal to room. and always there's police to pay... of course.

And there was me, across the room thinking that you were just a casual observer with your Thai mates.

• Like 1

Raving posts like yours are an indication that this forum is in grave risk of falling into a state of anarchy.
  • Like 2

not all are closed. I have visited several of these places. girls have papers but no access to those until their "time" is done (repaying all -inflated- fees that were spent on them). after that they can start making "money". most come from burma (all ethnics), laos and sipsongpanna (yunnan). (often nearby 24/24 "resort"-style hotel that made deal with brothel OR is owned by brothel). they live in brothel all in one room and have to clean and cook and stuff. sometimes there's pimp, not always.... often there is a sidecar motorcycle-driver outside who will bring customer and gal to room. and always there's police to pay... of course.

It's a horrible world. What a mess.

not all are closed. I have visited several of these places. girls have papers but no access to those until their "time" is done (repaying all -inflated- fees that were spent on them). after that they can start making "money". most come from burma (all ethnics), laos and sipsongpanna (yunnan). (often nearby 24/24 "resort"-style hotel that made deal with brothel OR is owned by brothel). they live in brothel all in one room and have to clean and cook and stuff. sometimes there's pimp, not always.... often there is a sidecar motorcycle-driver outside who will bring customer and gal to room. and always there's police to pay... of course.

And there was me, across the room thinking that you were just a casual observer with your Thai mates.

file under: "spot and study"...

... force of habit.

(edit) + It helps to speak a bit of Thai since all Shan, Laos and Sipsongpanna girls in the business can speak Thai (their mothertongue is similar).

Edited by bonobo

If every pimp, john and hooker was arrested in Thailand, there would be 25 million people in jail.

Most Thai men are either johns or pimps. It is almost a right of passage for young Thai men to have sex with hookers.

Brothels and massage parlors are the size of five star hotels and are on every street corner. 1/10 women who walk in the shopping malls have had sex for money at one point in their lives.

Thailand is the sex capital of the world for good reason - young, poor good looking girls and horny unethical men.

Expatriates love to criticize prostitution and lash out against young girls having sex for money - yet they are the most frequent customers at massage parlors and short time hotels.

What a bunch of BS and hypocrisy.

wow, exaggerate much?

do you really believe this nonsense?

1/3 to 1/2 of the country would be in jail?

Edited by HooHaa

Commonly it is the Thai police involved and profiting while it is the other police officers ( another division ) that exposes the crime.

Then it is swept under the table as a face saving measure on behalf of the bad police by the good police.

Then, later on, the former bad guy police expose something that the former good guy police are somehow involved in

Then the face saving reciprocal measures are performed again.

Everyone smile for the Camera.

• Like 2

If every pimp, john and hooker was arrested in Thailand, there would be 25 million people in jail.

Well said, most girls here do it to provide for their families as there is no alternative job opportunity. Most have young children abandoned by a thai low life husband who has done a runner with a younger model.

Ah the well worn excuse of the client, you might just as well justify the drug trade in the same way- they need the money!. The truth is most prostitutes are just too lazy and or stupid to do anything else, but that does not make it right either. There are PLENTY of jobs to go around in Thailand, yes selling your body does earn more but girls do NOT have to do it.

If prostitutes are to be arrested then it's only fair to start arresting the customers that perpetuate this filthy trade as well.

• Like 1

not all are closed. I have visited several of these places. girls have papers but no access to those until their "time" is done (repaying all -inflated- fees that were spent on them). after that they can start making "money". most come from burma (all ethnics), laos and sipsongpanna (yunnan). price for pam-pam ranges from 300-500thb in back room, fan, mattras on floor to 700 thb in A/C room (often nearby 24/24 "resort"-style hotel that made deal with brothel OR is owned by brothel). they live in brothel all in one room and have to clean and cook and stuff. sometimes there's pimp, not always.... often there is a sidecar motorcycle-driver outside who will bring customer and gal to room. and always there's police to pay... of course.

file under: "spot and study"...

... force of habit.

(edit) + It helps to speak a bit of Thai since all Shan, Laos and Sipsongpanna girls in the business can speak Thai (their mothertongue is similar).

I understand. Myself? I usually wait till I am invited by my favourite undercover Pattaya cop. I let him do the yakking. Edited by NanLaew

How old were these girls?

If they were underage, it would have been loudly pointed out in the article.

Quite likely these women were voluntarily working, but since they are illegal immigrants they are prime targets for a government that wants to prove it is tough on prostitution to other countries. I would bet money most of these woman will be on a bus back to Thailand soon after they get sent back to Laos/Burma/Cambodia. Most will have lost a huge amount of money because of this however, both in what they must spent to come back and earnings they missed out on. Some will be in debt and have no choice to do it again.

• Like 2