Thailand to protest Fox News over flight MH370 criticism

webfact

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know another thing that is ironic about all this; usually the only time Thailand makes the news in America AT ALL is when there is some story on sex trafficking or something similar. Even when there were the major protests in BKK in January, even when there is a civil war going on in the north right now, even when there is a new coup d' etat every few years; you NEVER see that on any news stations in America. Not just FOX, but really no station does a good job at international news. Sure they covered the Tsunami, but as usual if it bleeds it leads; and frankly their interest in Thailand since then has been nid-noi at best.

This was a major screw-up by the Thai military and government to basically say that "no one asked us" when pushed as to why they didn't release their info sooner. But I find it ironic that it took a major faux pas like that for FOX and the other networks to even mention this country at all.

Had to weigh in on this topic, as a Yank from Boston.

Please remember, people; FOX is NOT a new station, they are an opinion station; from the moment the empty-headed bimbos on Fox & Friends start yapping right through Greta and her constant, inane interviews with "Governor" Sarah Palin, it's all extreme far-right propaganda put forth by a paranoid, lifelong republican operative behind the curtain. NO ONE takes them seriously in America, except for people in states no one cares about; trust me, they are a national joke and a disgrace back home. I honestly can't think of one person who doesn't laugh when the name is mentioned.

Some guy defending them here put up their ratings; while they may get one million viewers a night or even 2 million viewers, the population of the country is 325 million; they are getting less than 1% of the population to watch them. And even if their ratings are better than the others that doesn't mean much; McDonald's sells the most burgers, but that doesn't mean their food is any good.

Boston, huh?

TV readers, consider the source...

Edited by Fookhaht

Ahhhh, a FOX viewer, huh?

Lemme guess, you come from a southern state?

And the problem with Boston is........what, exactly? Too many fine universities and far too much advanced culture for you?

post-143316-0-71242800-1395639773_thumb.

Edited by Deaw
  • Like 2

Please remember, people; FOX is NOT a new station, they are an opinion station; from the moment the empty-headed bimbos on Fox & Friends start yapping right through Greta and her constant, inane interviews with "Governor" Sarah Palin, it's all extreme far-right propaganda put forth by a paranoid, lifelong republican operative behind the curtain. NO ONE takes them seriously in America, except for people in states no one cares about; trust me, they are a national joke and a disgrace back home. I honestly can't think of one person who doesn't laugh when the name is mentioned.

Some guy defending them here put up their ratings; while they may get one million viewers a night or even 2 million viewers, the population of the country is 325 million; they are getting less than 1% of the population to watch them. And even if their ratings are better than the others that doesn't mean much; McDonald's sells the most burgers, but that doesn't mean their food is any good.

With that said, the Thai's did act a bit childish with their take on the Malaysian aircraft. I wonder if they would have been just as upset if a nobody like Piers Morgan had said it.

Fenway/Kenmore (section of Boston) shares what you say and itself says Greta van Sustern is a lawyer who got hired by Fox after her on-television commentary of the O.J. Simpson trial fiasco that wuz so many moons ago no one remembers, and that Fox Network is a point-of-view politics channel that does its own thing which is fine. Fox's unreal upper range ratings are skewed by the fact its small viewership tune their tvs to it continuously, so each time the ratings agencies look in, Fox is always on some people's tvs everywhere which can make Fox appear to be watched more than it in fact is - you or I go to several channels during the day whilst the Fox fanatic stays with Faux for hours and hours on end.

While it's true Thais have thin skins to criticisms by fahlangs, it also needs to be said a country does have its national security interests in respect to the capabilities of its military radars and other tracking / defense systems, which can cause what in this instance can appear to be non-cooperation. Sustern however would not acknowledge that because it would preclude her own useless rant. The Thais do look silly in this matter so I would hope against hope they have a better reason than they've thus far stated, which I doubt.

Fox Network is a favorite punching bag of the Chinese Communist Party, which deliberately misrepresents it in PRChina schools, colleges, universities, as literally the Voice of America. Fox's wild right wing opinionating is misrepresented by the CCP in their weekly political education classes as expressing the viewpoint of all Americans. So it gets very easy to recognize and understand how and why the PRChinese are convinced all Americans are blistering idiots and fascists to the core. Next to CCP indoctrination and propaganda, Greta van Sustern looks like - well, a celebrity lawyer who has the First Amendment emblazoned onto her bankbook.

For all the faults of Fox Faux Network, how the CCP uses it in its "education" system is not one of them. Greta van Sustern ranting on about Thailand is indeed entertainment that appeals to the Faux Network tea party viewership. Nothing more.

They often are. Because of politics, the left do their best to marginalize Fox News by smearing them and dishonestly quoting them out of context, but the truth is that they are often the only major news source in the USA who are actually doing their job. The founding fathers of the USA wanted a press that would keep the government in line, not spin and cover up for them like the MSM do most of the time now for the present administration. Greta got this right and much of the time, on many issues, her colleagues at Fox do too.

but honestly, believing FOX news is providing quality objective journalism is about as clever as believing the world is 5,000 years old. Rupert always has an agenda and the truth can go to hell if it doesn't support his view.

Ironically, a lot of FOX viewers actually believe the earth is only 5000 years old!

They pull in the Christian fundamentalist crowd, as well as the anti-science crowd, people who don't believe in evolution, people who want creationism taught in schools, gun nuts, and people who think Obama is a communist Muslim from Kenya [and really believe that]. You really can't even argue with people that stupid, you just kinda shake your head and wonder what rock they have been living under all these years.

Oddly enough, even when I am in Thailand and the discussion changes to Fox "news", even people from the UK and Ireland and Sweden, Australia, etc..... understand that the station is a national joke in America. Trust me, despite their high viewership of paranoid people in red states, it is.

So, just to clarify for the record, were Fox news reporting accurately - or were they lying - when they quoted the Thai government spokesman saying "Nobody asked us". ?

You are getting off the present topic now. The Fox bashers are bashing Fox. It's not important if they reported something accurately.

Indeed. Whatever u say, apparently its competent and acceptable that Thailand sat on this info....

So the defend-Thailand-no-matter-what crowd are sticking the boot into Fox News after it's presenters vent frustration at Thai State-ineptitude. Fox has no credibility, they say, it's viewers are "red necks" or are unintelligent life-forms that are unworthy of consideration. And so the defensive rage continues. Of course, those presenters called a spade a spade, hence the protective reaction by the Chivalrous Knights of FarangLand.

All a bit predictable. So click here to enjoy a compact overview of the situation which was compiled by Fox News. Thailand is not even mentioned. When Thai news stations begin showing the kind of free topical debate and analysis that Fox excels at then maybe Thai officials can consider casting aspersions on the credibility of foreign outlets. Even this forum is subject to censorship deemed unacceptable in the free world. That would explain the Thai reaction to Fox telling it like it is.

• Like 1

With that said, the Thai's did act a bit childish with their take on the Malaysian aircraft. I wonder if they would have been just as upset if a nobody like Piers Morgan had said it.

Fenway/Kenmore (section of Boston) shares what you say and itself says Greta van Sustern is a lawyer who got hired by Fox after her on-television commentary of the O.J. Simpson trial fiasco that wuz so many moons ago no one remembers, and that Fox Network is a point-of-view politics channel that does its own thing which is fine. Fox's unreal upper range ratings are skewed by the fact its small viewership tune their tvs to it continuously, so each time the ratings agencies look in, Fox is always on some people's tvs everywhere which can make Fox appear to be watched more than it in fact is - you or I go to several channels during the day whilst the Fox fanatic stays with Faux for hours and hours on end.

While it's true Thais have thin skins to criticisms by fahlangs, it also needs to be said a country does have its national security interests in respect to the capabilities of its military radars and other tracking / defense systems, which can cause what in this instance can appear to be non-cooperation. Sustern however would not acknowledge that because it would preclude her own useless rant. The Thais do look silly in this matter so I would hope against hope they have a better reason than they've thus far stated, which I doubt.

Fox Network is a favorite punching bag of the Chinese Communist Party, which deliberately misrepresents it in PRChina schools, colleges, universities, as literally the Voice of America. Fox's wild right wing opinionating is misrepresented by the CCP in their weekly political education classes as expressing the viewpoint of all Americans. So it gets very easy to recognize and understand how and why the PRChinese are convinced all Americans are blistering idiots and fascists to the core. Next to CCP indoctrination and propaganda, Greta van Sustern looks like - well, a celebrity lawyer who has the First Amendment emblazoned onto her bankbook.

For all the faults of Fox Faux Network, how the CCP uses it in its "education" system is not one of them. Greta van Sustern ranting on about Thailand is indeed entertainment that appeals to the Faux Network tea party viewership. Nothing more.

Well it gets up the CCP and Thailand's nose, but is it a news channel. I don't think so. It is 95% broad brush editorial comment not, news. It is an amazing phenomenon that people haven't seen through it yet, but on it will roll.

I miss it sometimes. Glenn Beck with his blackboard was a sight to behold.

So the defend-Thailand-no-matter-what crowd are sticking the boot into Fox News after it's presenters vent frustration at Thai State-ineptitude. Fox has no credibility, they say, it's viewers are "red necks" or are unintelligent life-forms that are unworthy of consideration. And so the defensive rage continues. Of course, those presenters called a spade a spade, hence the protective reaction by the Chivalrous Knights of FarangLand.

All a bit predictable. So click here to enjoy a compact overview of the situation which was compiled by Fox News. Thailand is not even mentioned. When Thai news stations begin showing the kind of free topical debate and analysis that Fox excels at then maybe Thai officials can consider casting aspersions on the credibility of foreign outlets. Even this forum is subject to censorship deemed unacceptable in the free world. That would explain the Thai reaction to Fox telling it like it is.

I agree with a lot you are saying. I must admit the Thais over reacted to this situation.

I looked and after a brief search I couldn't find the comment made by GVS. She must be quite happy she is getting all this attention.

Edited by expat888

There is a ridiculously high ratio of right wing nuts to normal in Thailand. When you criticize Fox News, it's the same as calling the Virgin Mary a bargirl. These are people who have Fox News on 24/7 and swallow their ridiculous baloney, hook line and sinker. These are my fellow Americans who I can't have have a normal conversation with because after hello, it immediately becomes a rant about how Obama Is the devil.

Ok, where do you suggest that we get news? Bashing Fox is not an answer.

Bashing Fox is not an answer.

Because pathologically bashing Thais is a good one cheesy.gif

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

They missed what Johnathon Head said about them. He called them incompetent.

Yes but Thai's don't understand that being called incompetent is worse than being called a jerk.

When are the Thai diplomats going to realise that one of the most effective tenets of diplomacy is just to keep your mouth shut. The world is not interested in the feelings of Thai diplomats. The office at Fox will have a party and stick the letter in a frame on the wall when Thailand writes to say how 'displeased' they are at the comment. It just begs for more. It's like trying to sue SIngapore for having a songkhran festival when Thailand celebrates Christmas and the gregorian New Year. They are bloody uneducated idiots - but it makes for some very funny situations I have to admit.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

They missed what Johnathon Head said about them. He called them incompetent.

Yes but Thai's don't understand that being called incompetent is worse than being called a jerk.

When are the Thai diplomats going to realise that one of the most effective tenets of diplomacy is just to keep your mouth shut. The world is not interested in the feelings of Thai diplomats. The office at Fox will have a party and stick the letter in a frame on the wall when Thailand writes to say how 'displeased' they are at the comment. It just begs for more. It's like trying to sue SIngapore for having a songkhran festival when Thailand celebrates Christmas and the gregorian New Year. They are bloody uneducated idiots - but it makes for some very funny situations I have to admit.

It is a right of a pooyai to take up a hypocritical argument if it means saving face. Edited by Thai at Heart

Well Greta prob should have centered on the Thai Air Force's pathetic response than Thailand as a whole. However other than that she was quite correct with her conclusions.

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa app

Are you sure? She may have been reading other news from Thailand as well.

Don't forget that she comes from a country where they have a vote.

Don't forget to send your bill into Yingkuck for that one Dr. B. You managed to get a comment in about "voting" in a totally unrelated news item. You have such good taste, too. This was YOUR pet government that FAILED TO SHARE THAT VERY IMPORTANT BIT OF NEWS.

Why is anyone surprised?. Fox are just putting out their usual biased rubbish.

Thailand should strongly object.

They're all biased, dear. Fox wears its bias on its sleeves and does not pretend otherwise. The same cannot be said for all MSM outlets. Some Fox presenters vented frustration at Thai State-ineptitude and you think that "Thailand" should object? You mean the Thai State that was accused, rightly, of ineptitude? What are they going to object against, free speech? They already do a very good job of that. Shame on any Westerner who supports it.

Greta Vab Sustern is a blowhard, willing to fabricate a story where there is none. She was doing this when OJ was on trial and continues this method of "reporting" to this day, as many of her Faux News cohorts do as well. I have no idea of whether the Thai delay in sending out the flight data is even relevant. It has been "out there" for over a week and they are no closer to finding the plane than they ever were, so, perhaps this little oversight was not such a big deal. I do know this; if Van Sustern said it; it is suspect.

. When Thai news stations begin showing the kind of free topical debate and analysis that Fox excels at then maybe Thai officials can consider casting aspersions on the credibility of foreign outlets. Even this forum is subject to censorship deemed unacceptable in the free world. That would explain the Thai reaction to Fox telling it like it is.

First off, your first point is ridiculous. FOX has on lukewarm liberals at best to ''debate'' with their hosts; disagree too loudly or vehemently and you don't get invited back; ever. They would never have on intelligent, well-read liberal intellectuals, they always throw up some sacrificial lamb who works for and is paid by the station and who will half-heartedly argue with Bill-O or one of their other talking heads, but in the end the host will always get in the last word and will win.

If you really can't see how every single one of their hosts has a right-wing slant, and how they are under orders from Roger Ailes on the first floor to toe the party line [the Republican party line] then I feel sorry for you.

Secondly; EVERY forum in EVERY country in this entire world is subject to censorship! The owners of any forum, be it in Thailand, Denmark, America, England or China, et al, have the right to censor or delete anything they see in the property they own. Are you telling me a forum run by Wal-Mart in America would allow people to come on and say whatever they want about loving Target while bashing on Wal-Mart? Of course not, the owners of any forum have the right to delete or censor any topic they see fit to censor; because it's their property.

See, this is the problem with FOX viewers; they wrap themselves in the flag and talk about the Founding Fathers and their rights and how "the constitution is being torn to shreds", etc, etc......without even understanding the basic precepts of law. They will say "we are guaranteed freedom of speech!" without even realizing that that freedom does not extend to people's private property.

It's difficult to find a liberal that can stay on topic.

This thread should be about the Thais being jerks, but instead it's mainly about Fox and how the liberals hate them. As soon as the conversation comes near something they disagree with then off they go ranting about something they hate. You are left wondering where in the hell did that come from.

• Like 2

Facts are facts. She reported the facts ( strange, I know, for Fox news thumbsup.gif ). So the complaint will be about ....... the truth? blink.png

You call it "the truth", and "the facts". As you know them? I call this "a rant", by a unprofessional Fox News contributor that has never in her life been a journalist. Don't confuse her as a newswoman. She wouldn't know how. What crap by Fox, but so typical of them. And yes, I am a Republican, and still can't stand their bitching about everything. Have you ever seen Fox suggest a solution? Never! Just complain. Waste of my time for sure.

• Like 1

. When Thai news stations begin showing the kind of free topical debate and analysis that Fox excels at then maybe Thai officials can consider casting aspersions on the credibility of foreign outlets. Even this forum is subject to censorship deemed unacceptable in the free world. That would explain the Thai reaction to Fox telling it like it is.

First off, your first point is ridiculous. FOX has on lukewarm liberals at best to ''debate'' with their hosts; disagree too loudly or vehemently and you don't get invited back; ever. They would never have on intelligent, well-read liberal intellectuals, they always throw up some sacrificial lamb who works for and is paid by the station and who will half-heartedly argue with Bill-O or one of their other talking heads, but in the end the host will always get in the last word and will win.

If you really can't see how every single one of their hosts has a right-wing slant, and how they are under orders from Roger Ailes on the first floor to toe the party line [the Republican party line] then I feel sorry for you.

Secondly; EVERY forum in EVERY country in this entire world is subject to censorship! The owners of any forum, be it in Thailand, Denmark, America, England or China, et al, have the right to censor or delete anything they see in the property they own. Are you telling me a forum run by Wal-Mart in America would allow people to come on and say whatever they want about loving Target while bashing on Wal-Mart? Of course not, the owners of any forum have the right to delete or censor any topic they see fit to censor; because it's their property.

See, this is the problem with FOX viewers; they wrap themselves in the flag and talk about the Founding Fathers and their rights and how "the constitution is being torn to shreds", etc, etc......without even understanding the basic precepts of law. They will say "we are guaranteed freedom of speech!" without even realizing that that freedom does not extend to people's private property.

This thread should be about the Thais being jerks, but instead it's mainly about Fox and how the liberals hate them. As soon as the conversation comes near something they disagree with then off they go ranting about something they hate. You are left wondering where in the hell did that come from.

Wait a second......in my very first post 3 pages back I said "With that said, the Thai's did act a bit childish with their take on the Malaysian aircraft. I wonder if they would have been just as upset if a nobody like Piers Morgan had said it." So after my rant against FOX, I actually did agree with Greta's take after all! I just don't care [at all] for the fake news station she works for.

"Where the hell" did my last comment come from was debating some guy who says ''Even this forum is subject to censorship deemed unacceptable in the free world. That would explain the Thai reaction to Fox telling it like it is.''

Again, I would guess this is a FOX news viewer who says censorship is unacceptable in the free world. Where on earth do people come up withy complete and utter nonsense like that? So you're telling me - 'cause he certainly was - that you can go on any forum in a great country like America or anywhere else in the ''Free World'' and just say whatever you want, about any topic at all, and not be censored? You can go on a forum about gays and bash them, and the owners can't delete that? Go on a Muslim forum in Michigan and call them rude and racist names and the owners can't delete your comments? Go on the FOX or CNN news website, leave a rude or dirty comment; and they can't delete or censor that? On their own property?

You people are living in a dream world.......censorship is allowed everywhere, even in ''The Free World'' you so admire.

My observation over the past decade is that the higher the degree of hate and misunderstanding of Fox News = the lower level of IQ, education and general world knowledge. Another good indication of those low levels is the amount of time wasted in this forum making inane statments that nobody cares about. Fox News is the ONLY light of TRUTH in the public media. But it requires intelligence and education to comprehend those truths.

Why am I qualified to make these conclusions? Because I am an educated, intelligent American, with a 247 IQ (average of 5 tests) a JD Law Degree and a PhD in International Trade.

OK, it's the morons' turn to disagree......

OK, it's the morons' turn to disagree......Only a moron would summarize his entire thesis on this final statement......

• Like 1

Someone should take FOX new to task over the disgusting way they have repoerted on this terrible incident.

I watched Hannity last week only becuase they were covering the missing flight.

He kept trying and trying to ram it down his guests throats that the pilots had gone rogue.

Luckily they were more sensible than him.

Every one can have a theory but he has his own agenda.

I suppose he knows who shot JFK

The relatives of the pilots should be up in arms over his comments.

Nothing is proven yet just sensationalist shitty journalism.

Lets just pray they find the plane and put an end to what is a terrible tragedy.

Hannity does know who shot JFK. He was sleeping with Marilyn Monroe. Jackie was sitting right next to him in the limo. She shot him. Has happened many, many times before. lol

Wait a second......in my very first post 3 pages back I said "With that said, the Thai's did act a bit childish with their take on the Malaysian aircraft. I wonder if they would have been just as upset if a nobody like Piers Morgan had said it." So after my rant against FOX, I actually did agree with Greta's take after all! I just don't care [at all] for the fake news station she works for.

"Where the hell" did my last comment come from was debating some guy who says ''Even this forum is subject to censorship deemed unacceptable in the free world. That would explain the Thai reaction to Fox telling it like it is.''

Again, I would guess this is a FOX news viewer who says censorship is unacceptable in the free world. Where on earth do people come up withy complete and utter nonsense like that? So you're telling me - 'cause he certainly was - that you can go on any forum in a great country like America or anywhere else in the ''Free World'' and just say whatever you want, about any topic at all, and not be censored? You can go on a forum about gays and bash them, and the owners can't delete that? Go on a Muslim forum in Michigan and call them rude and racist names and the owners can't delete your comments? Go on the FOX or CNN news website, leave a rude or dirty comment; and they can't delete or censor that? On their own property?

You people are living in a dream world.......censorship is allowed everywhere, even in ''The Free World'' you so admire.

That wasn't specifically pointed at you. You are just a good example. Most liberals (maybe all) are the same way.