35th Bangkok International motor show

bazmlb

Bangkok International Motor Show

By Dr. Iain Corness

It’s that time of year again, when Bangkok is in the spotlight with our own International Motor Show. This motor show is the one accredited by the Organisation Internationale des Constructeurs d’Automobiles (OICA) for Thailand, and is for the manufacturers to display their models, more than the dealers. It is being held at the Challenger Halls 1-3, Impact Muang Thong Thani. Public dates are March 26 to April 6.

I will be present for the Press Day (March 25) and will be featuring some of the more interesting vehicles over the next few weeks in this column.

au1BIMS.jpg

pattayamaillogo.png
-- Pattaya Mail 2014-3-24 footer_n.gif

The problem with Impact is that it isn't particularly convenient to get to or get out of?

Will see how the wind takes me.

Not really sure what you mean...I've always been able to drive right in and find parking right in the center's indoor lot. Driving from Pattaya is even easy with highway all the way and then its own exit and you're there. Easy peasy.

My wife looks at me funny when I say I want to go to the motorshow to look at cool aftermarket stuff for the truck.

I guess she figures aftermarket stuff = cute girls.

You guessed right and she figured right too, its up to how you expressed your "enthusiasm" when talking about the Motor Show.giggle.gif

I cannot go, not here in BKK during that time, shamed.

My wife looks at me funny when I say I want to go to the motorshow to look at cool aftermarket stuff for the truck.

I guess she figures aftermarket stuff = cute girls.

You guessed right and she figured right too, its up to how you expressed your "enthusiasm" when talking about the Motor Show.giggle.gif

I cannot go, not here in BKK during that time, shamed.

well dear to be very very honest, I used to do a number of these motor shows in my previous professional life and the pretties have too much make up I think. Never spent much time looking at their faces...but I digress.

In all seriousness, I really want to go there and go to see the aftermarket toys alone - no wife , no boys in tow. Just a few hours of Man Time looking at all the things I can't afford but want.

• Like 1

Bangkok. BMW Group Thailand is strengthening its leadership in innovative premium automotive technology at the 35th Bangkok International Motor Show, with the latest technologies incorporated in the BMW i8 and BMW 2 Series. The public are invited to experience the premium BMW automobile line-up including BMW 1 Series, BMW 3 Series, BMW 4 Series and BMW 5 Series. The latest BMW motorcycle and The New MINI also make their debut at the event.

http://www.farangmoto.com/thailand/index.php/component/content/article/19-sample-data-articles/soi/103-bmw-i8-and-bmw-2-series-make-thailand-premier-at-the-35th-bangkok-international-motor-show

Ducati have reduced the price of the Multistrada to around 850k for the 1200s. I saw the Honda crosstourer but didn't get the price. Looked ok, just a bigger verion of the 500x with the technology.

The prices of the BMW i think is way too high despite the reduction. The 116i at 1.79 -1.99 is crazy when you consider the price in the UK, and the UK is quite high too.

HondaCrosstourerfarangmoto.com.jpg

DPP_0220.jpg

DPP_0409.jpg

This is nice though.

Edited by BBJ