tinted windscreen

Hey guys, don't you understand that it is totally useless to talk about % without telling which brand ? They all are different and their details are BS.

Also, I think it is useless to post info without photo.

So I am still looking...

the % is the same no matter what name is printed on the box.

Whats the deal with digging up every tint thread ? . it is not really that hard to decide......for most.

The percent is not necessarily the same, and some films with similar percentages are significantly different in terms of visibility.

• Like 1

The OP is about tinting the FRONT windscreen/shield, not tint in general.. So it maters not what brand, they all suck for that purpose..

Nothing wrong with tinting the windshield, if it is not too dark. Can you buy a higher end vehicle that does not come with tinted windows and windshield?

I think the problem is that people select their film when they are standing in the sun.

The OP is about tinting the FRONT windscreen/shield, not tint in general.. So it maters not what brand, they all suck for that purpose..

Nothing wrong with tinting the windshield, if it is not too dark. Can you buy a higher end vehicle that does not come with tinted windows and windshield?

I think the problem is that people select their film when they are standing in the sun.

High end cars don't have stick on stuff from factory.

• Like 1

There's everything wrong with tinting the front windshield which is why most civilized countries including Thailand don't allow it.. It's done but it's not legal and it's not just about the darker color but the blurring effect it has on your vision. Like T/A posted, on one of those rare moment we agree, high end cars don't have the same tint, it is from the factory, doesn't blur vision and also isn't as dark either.

High end cars don't have stick on stuff from factory.

Often the same technology. And either way, it reduces visibility.

As you indicated, plenty of people wear sunglasses.

Some manufacturers include super-chargers. Does that mean you should not add one yourself?

To be clear (no pun intended) I am firmly against dark film on the windshield, but there is nothing wrong with tinting it.

Hey guys, don't you understand that it is totally useless to talk about % without telling which brand ? They all are different and their details are BS.

So I am still looking...

Whats the deal with digging up every tint thread ? . it is not really that hard to decide......for most.

The percent is not necessarily the same, and some films with similar percentages are significantly different in terms of visibility.

Yeah. Lumina has a 59% and 3M has a 61%.......... A normal person would just call both 60%.

visibility was not asked by the person I was answering.

So I am still looking...

Stupid reply.

The % on the box does not mean the same result for each brand.

If it was not hard to decide why hundreds of threads hve been open on this topic ?

As you see yoru reply has a great value <3

I have Lamina L75040 on the front screen and L75051 on the rest of the windows ... It's pretty well the best film that they do. They actually produce five grades.

Have a look here ... http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/636990-window-tinting-film-on-new-cars/ especially at my comments.

Who is they, I am interested in recommendations of good brands to re-do my truck. I know of a place that stocks 3M, I presume that should be of a decent quality.

So I am still looking...

Stupid reply.

If it was not hard to decide why hundreds of threads hve been open on this topic ?

So are you saying if both 3m and lumina sell a 60% tint it is not actually a 60% tint....... Why would they lie ?

But if you want hard actual numbers I have 57% on my windscreen and 78% on thew rest. the brand is lumina.......

Edited by Spoonman

So I am still looking...

Stupid reply.

So are you saying if both 3m and lumina sell a 60% tint it is not actually a 60% tint....... Why would they lie ?

But if you want hard actual numbers I have 57% on my windscreen and 78% on thew rest. the brand is lumina.......

And I have 70 on the windshield and 30 on the side and back.

The 70 is lighter than than the 30.

^^This is a tiresome debate that is often too difficult for some to understand so I'm going to state this one more time in as clear English as I can make it and then leave it at that.. It does make a huge difference, it is not the same technology, factory tint is done INSIDE the glass of the windshield not installed on the surface of the glass. Tint as purchased is not even close to the clarity of sunglasses which are also directly in front of your eyes making it easier to focus through because the eye's gaze is beyond the glasses lens and again the tint is within the glass, just like a camera lens can focus when there is something like glass directly in front of it, say a filter for example, but not if it is further away as it picks up the glass distortion from a distance that doesn't exist up close.. There is no adhesive used in factory glass as it is manufactured within the glass but with tint that also adds distortion and blur to the mix..

So why don't they outlaw sunglasses?

• Like 1

^^This is a tiresome debate that is often too difficult for some to understand so I'm going to state this one more time in as clear English as I can make it and then leave it at that.. It does make a huge difference, it is not the same technology, factory tint is done INSIDE the glass of the windshield not installed on the surface of the glass. Tint as purchased is not even close to the clarity of sunglasses which are also directly in front of your eyes making it easier to focus through because the eye's gaze is beyond the glasses lens and again the tint is within the glass, just like a camera lens can focus when there is something like glass directly in front of it, say a filter for example, but not if it is further away as it picks up the glass distortion from a distance that doesn't exist up close.. There is no adhesive used in factory glass as it is manufactured within the glass but with tint that also adds distortion and blur to the mix..

Hey, is the helmet visor on your avatar photo tinted or is that an optical illusion?

(just kidding)

Lumina is rubbish. Sit in the Drivers seat , look Hi Left and its distorted.Every time, no wonder its free along with the 10 Bht mats and Insurance. You want Heat Protection, it costs money.They never give you free Hi Cool that costs more than the Insurance , or a choise do they.WAKE UP.

Lumina is rubbish. Sit in the Drivers seat , look Hi Left and its distorted.Every time, no wonder its free along with the 10 Bht mats and Insurance. You want Heat Protection, it costs money.They never give you free Hi Cool that costs more than the Insurance , or a choise do they.WAKE UP.

Because of the highlighted, enlarged portion already clearly explained.. You can't really SEE your sunglasses, you see through them since they're close to your eyes, but you can always SEE your windshield and see through it.. Meaning the gaze with sunglasses is as explained, beyond the sunglasses themselves but that is not possible with a windshield as it's part of the gaze. Get it?? ...

• Like 2

Just telling what i saw at Honda while waiting for Service.Sat in 6 new cars awating collection.Lamina ones were markes,and the top left screen view showed fault in all, 2had 3m and were perfect.Sales Chap said for it 3M on a City was 12500 over Lamina.Anyone can see it even my Wife and the Sales Guy. Just saying so anyone can look.

Because of the highlighted, enlarged portion already clearly explained.. You can't really SEE your sunglasses, you see through them since they're close to your eyes, but you can always SEE your windshield and see through it.. Meaning the gaze with sunglasses is as explained, beyond the sunglasses themselves but that is not possible with a windshield as it's part of the gaze. Get it?? ...

I can see the bifocal line of my fishing sunglasses, and I can see the frame as well.

So should heads-up displays be outlawed? Clearly (again no pun intended) they interfere with vision.

I can see the bifocal line of my fishing sunglasses, and I can see the frame as well.

So should heads-up displays be outlawed? Clearly (again no pun intended) they interfere with vision.

Oh F-F-S too thick to understand, never mind.. You don't SEE those features without intentionally looking for them! End of!!

Not sure if it's been mentioned on this thread, but I believe the Thai law now states a maximum allowable tint of 60/40, though that obviously doesn't stop people from going darker.

It's been mentioned, just some, like the dip 2 posts above, just don't get it though..

Edited by WarpSpeed

Oh F-F-S too thick to understand, never mind.. You don't SEE those features without intentionally looking for them! End of!!

LOL, haven't heard that in a while. The bifocal lines are indeed visible and are in fact a little bothersome. I do not have to look for it at all.

And again, 30% is legal in a number of states in the US.

My '99 GMG Sierra SLE had a much darker windshild than does my Isuzu with film.

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...