BULLETIN — Malaysia Airlines says Flight 370 crashed in Southern Indian Ocean, no survivors

Lite Beer

All over the news...al,jazeera UK fox... Aussie warship steaming to where the Aussie Orion dtopped flares and captain of Orion went to a briefing instead of facing media. AND relatives getting ready to fly to,OERTH plus US warship with sophisticated detection equipment on board.

Sounds like they found it to,me

Marcusd. Via tapatalk

I don't buy / accept this .... just more major BS to camouflage something ....Pfffffffffff!!

Australian newspapers are reporting that Malaysian Airlines will not release the cargo manifest, and wondering if they have something to hide.

That is odd....... Guess the public relations department at Malaysian Airlines does not understand that if you have nothing to hide, it is always best to show everything. But their refusal certainly raises the specter of of issues with the lithium batteries. I cannot think of any possible reason why they would not release what was traveling on the aircraft.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

rest in peace to 239 life on board. this is a moment of empathy to all the friends and families of those on board. please give them a piece of respect, and privacy in this difficult time.

I decided not to put my rational hat ( pure opinion ) here on this subject.

Do you think they are reading this thread on thaivisa forum? If they were, they would, of course, have the option of not reading it. Are you implying that the thread should not exist? What an odd post.

All over the news...al,jazeera UK fox... Aussie warship steaming to where the Aussie Orion dtopped flares and captain of Orion went to a briefing instead of facing media. AND relatives getting ready to fly to,OERTH plus US warship with sophisticated detection equipment on board.

Sounds like they found it to,me

Marcusd. Via tapatalk

I don't buy / accept this .... just more major BS to camouflage something ....Pfffffffffff!!

Australian newspapers are reporting that Malaysian Airlines will not release the cargo manifest, and wondering if they have something to hide.

That is odd....... Guess the public relations department at Malaysian Airlines does not understand that if you have nothing to hide, it is always best to show everything. But their refusal certainly raises the specter of of issues with the lithium batteries. I cannot think of any possible reason why they would not release what was traveling on the aircraft.

Perhaps they just don't know?

If the cargo manifest was not completed (for whatever reason) it would be extremely risky to make one up after the event and releasing it, and then for it to be proved wrong when (if) wreckage is found.

Just because a procedure or directive states that a cargo manifest must be present, it doesn't mean that it actually was.

Does it not strike anyone as odd that they are looking for a 22m piece of something off the West Coast of Australia? If not, would you please enlighten me as to which part of a Boeing 777 is that long and will still be floating after 3 weeks?

Do you think that aluminium, plastics, composites, gradually absorb water and stop floating? It would not be made of wood and even wood floats for much more three weeks.

Edited by Cat ji

Does it not strike anyone as odd that they are looking for a 22m piece of something off the West Coast of Australia? If not, would you please enlighten me as to which part of a Boeing 777 is that long and will still be floating after 3 weeks?

Do you think that aluminium, plastics, composites, gradually absorb water and stop floating? It would not be made of wood and even wood floats for much more three weeks.

Actually, one of the many "experts" interviewed by the BBC stated that any parts of the plane that would be floating on, or near the surface would probably be doing so as a result of air trapped in pockets. Given the nature of the sea in the search area there is a high risk that something seen floating one day could have that air pocket dislodged and have sunk by the time anyone gets to the location.

I remember this specifically as I asked the same question when one of the first "sightings" was published and then saw the interview that very evening.

Remember they took 20 months to find AF447 so don't expect that to happen overnight.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

to remember something one must have been aware of the fact in the first place so your point is mute. also you seem to have an unusual blind faith in what is put out by authoritys. 'assume' is 'assume' yet you read it as fact. why??????

why would you ever think that autoritys tell the truth. have you been paying attention at all whilst iving on this planet

Yes, and I don't have an overly fertile imagination.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

obviously - you don't suffer from having a fertile imagination. i also find it much easyer not to think and simply believe what is put before me without question. i always believe what those nice people in government and the free press inform me of. because i know they would never lie and they always have our best interests at heart.

Edited by jonesthebaker

What an odd statement to make in the absence of hard evidence.......Unless yet again Malaysia Air

is privy to information they are not releasing..

"We deeply regret that we have to assume beyond any reasonable doubt that MH370 has been lost".....

Indeed.... one of my first bosses as a young man told me the meaning behind the word assume...

Make an ass out of u and me.

I can agree that is is a logical conclusion, since the plane has not been found high and dry anywhere on land. However you would think that they could find a better way to say this than based on assumption.

The people who lost loved ones on that flight will have a hard time finding "closure" based on assumptions- especially those who heard a cellphone ringing after the aircraft went missing.

If I was one of those people, I would continue making my own assumptions until I was presented with irrefutable proof.

That's a lovely contradiction between your last line and everything else you wrote. :-P

But seeing as you're so close to quoting Samuel L. Jackson: "If you're making an assumption, you make an ass out of u and umption".

Xkcd has a little bit more on that as well.

The real quote "If you make an assumption, your are making and ass out of you & me", is ridiculous. Would a person making the assumption that the sun will rise tomorrow make everyone that believes that an ass? I think not.

obviously - you don't suffer from having a fertile imagination. i also find it much easyer not to think and simply believe what is put before me without question. i always believe what those nice people in government and the free press inform me of. because i know they would never lie and they always have our best interests at heart.

Look sunshine if you choose to not gather information, check and verify the sources and make an informed decision as to you how you interpret it, it's up to you.

If you don't believe something simply because it came from a government spokesman, then jog on.

Look sunshine if you choose to not gather information, check and verify the sources and make an informed decision as to you how you interpret it, it's up to you.

If you don't believe something simply because it came from a government spokesman, then jog on.

i only believe what a government spokesman says when they are officially denying something. so i best jog on - sunshine!

Edited by jonesthebaker

The estranged wife of pilot Zaharie Ahmed Shah will be interrogated as investigators' suspicions mount that he may have hijacked flight MH370.

Malaysian investigators have come under mounting pressure from the FBI to interview mother-of-three Faizah Khan, who is seen as holding vital clues and information about Shah's mental state.

The authorities said they had delayed questioning her because it was not appropriate for people in situations of "terrible bereavement [to face] the stress of intensive questioning".

One source said: "The whole world is looking for this missing plane and the person who arguably knows most about the state of mind of the man who captained the plane is being left alone."

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/malaysia-airlines-plane-mh370-captains-wife-faces-interrogation-132703796.html#1Chnaus

This is such a cover up. Of course they are calling off the search, they know they will never find anything. It is a wild goose chase right now.

The aircraft was deliberately taken over. No catastrophic emergencies or failures and no explosions.

The guys running this show are a bunch of clowns and dismissing data that they should be investigating further.

What data? please elaborate.

Let's just start with this one bit of data as I don't have time to list everything.

The "pings". They 'pinged' the aircraft for 7 hours after it went missing. The last Ping was at 8:11am. No ping at 9:11am so in the time between 8:11am and 9:11am we can assume the aircraft was finally powered down for some reason. Crash or shutdown by pilots manually.

There was only enough fuel loaded on the aircraft to fly to Beijing. And that was a flight at FL350 at least, likely climbing to FL390 enroute after burning some fuel ( making the aircraft lighter and then capable of reaching FL390 -Step climb as it is called.)

Normal fuel load would be enough fuel to get to Beijing, fly to an alternate if needed after missing approach in Beijing plus 30 minutes reserve fuel. I would guess normal fuel load to be about 7 hours 30 minutes. They would land in Beijing with 1 hour 30 minutes of fuel remaining on board, which is more than enough as destination and enroute weather was fine. I believe this amount of fuel agrees with any reported fuel loads.

So, the aircraft departs KL at 12:41am, it would run out of fuel at approx. 8:11am. Spot on! BUT.....an hour into the flight, the aircraft descends to 12,000 feet. Well, for obvious reasons, fuel burn on a 777 at this altitude is significantly more than fuel burn at FL350. So the pinging would have stopped well before 8:11am. Well before.

This data shows that it is more likely that the aircraft continued to fly to another airport somewhere and land. The pinging stopped when the aircraft was powered down after the flight. (It will still ping when aircraft is powered up on the ground).

So to conclude, it is virtually impossible for this aircraft to have flown out over the Indian Ocean for 7 hours on it's own/autopilot until it completely ran out of fuel unless it maintained it's altitude of 35,000 feet the entire time.

If it were made of wood then I would believe it. And we are not talking about a piece of plastic. We are talking about a 777-200 that plummeted from the sky that according to this theory would have plummeted from 35,000 feet likely straight down after stalling from fuel exhaustion. I think it would all be at the ocean floor if that were the case.

MY edit: I found some info on the internet to back this.

Could pieces of the plane still be floating?

Probably not any big pieces, according to Steve Wallace, the U.S. Federal Aviation Administration's former director of accident investigation.

Edited by djhotsox

This is such a cover up. Of course they are calling off the search, they know they will never find anything. It is a wild goose chase right now.

The aircraft was deliberately taken over. No catastrophic emergencies or failures and no explosions.

The guys running this show are a bunch of clowns and dismissing data that they should be investigating further.

Actually Australia is coordinating and running the search off the coast of Australia. A lot of very experienced professionals and if you think the Aussies are a bunch of clowns then your entitled to that opinion but I think you are being a little harsh.

Where do you suggest they should be searching with all this data that you are aware of?

Well then, do none of the Aussies question why an aircraft continues to get "pinged" for 7 ½ hours after departure when it has about 7 hours of fuel on it?

The estranged wife of pilot Zaharie Ahmed Shah will be interrogated as investigators' suspicions mount that he may have hijacked flight MH370.

Malaysian investigators have come under mounting pressure from the FBI to interview mother-of-three Faizah Khan, who is seen as holding vital clues and information about Shah's mental state.

The authorities said they had delayed questioning her because it was not appropriate for people in situations of "terrible bereavement [to face] the stress of intensive questioning".

One source said: "The whole world is looking for this missing plane and the person who arguably knows most about the state of mind of the man who captained the plane is being left alone."

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/malaysia-airlines-plane-mh370-captains-wife-faces-interrogation-132703796.html#1Chnaus

If she thinks she's responsible she'll be in a right state.

If she thinks she's responsible she'll be in a right state.

well surely you're not considering this as a possibility. i mean it would take a fertile mind to consider something outside the official version of lies (sorry events ..)

Actually Australia is coordinating and running the search off the coast of Australia. A lot of very experienced professionals and if you think the Aussies are a bunch of clowns then your entitled to that opinion but I think you are being a little harsh.

Where do you suggest they should be searching with all this data that you are aware of?

Well then, do none of the Aussies question why an aircraft continues to get "pinged" for 7 ½ hours after departure when it has about 7 hours of fuel on it?

Perhaps because they know how much fuel was on board and you don't. I seem to recall that the 777 has one of the better glide ratios for a heavy. Glide ratios for commercial planes may be in the 15:1 to 20:1 ramge. Not sure what 777 is, but that could account for some additional time. Keep in mind a lot of the jumbos descend from cruise altitude at idle thrust under normal operation. These thing don't just fall from the sky when power is cut.

Edited by F430murci

Fair enough can't argue with you. Australia, their military and the people are nothing but a bunch of clowns. They should leave it up to you to run the search. We are nothing but a pack of uneducated convicts and servant of mother England who should be cultivating the land ready for the british to inhabit. Australia will never be a country who can stand on their own feetthumbsup.gif

• Like 2

Interesting tidbit from Yahoo news regarding the hard drive from the simulator of the captain. Seems pretty important,

but have not seen this in other media outlets yet. From what I have read the FBI has been very

quiet about contents on the hard drive. Guess if debris is actually found, it will put that path of inquiry to sleep.

http://uk.news.yahoo...96.html#nwdzHxV

"The hard drive of his flight simulator seized from his home was being examined. It emerged that programs on it were deleted and that he used it to practice extreme landings, including on remote Indian Ocean islands, such as the US air base in Diego Garcia."

• Like 1

A sad but inevitable end to a mystery which may never be fully resolved - especially considering where it finally hit the water. I feel so very sorry for the relatives (the majority being Chinese) who hold such store on being able to visit a grave side or funeral urn to mourn the loss of their loved ones.

I so totally agree with an earlier post - I hope the Malaysian authorities are going to specifically apologize to the families of the Pilot and Co-pilot for the way these folk had their reputations so badly slighted by the reckless spate of reporting on this planes' disappearance.

Must be horrific to have to be interviewed by police whilst your having to start a grieving process, but it has to be done I guess in order to cover every angle. Let's see what happens if they can get hold of the flight data recorder, remember the Air France crash a few years back?, well once they got that and looked at it.......well, it didn't reflect too well on the co-pilots (the Captain was having a nap, but by the time he got back to the cockpit it was FUBAR). You can find the transcript on the internet.

I still don't understand WHY the 5 people who didn't board the plane and whose luggage was removed have not been questioned .... probably just an inncoent event of having a drink in the bar and missing the flight ... but still...?? shouldn't they at least question them ???

Let's just start with this one bit of data as I don't have time to list everything.

The "pings". They 'pinged' the aircraft for 7 hours after it went missing. The last Ping was at 8:11am. No ping at 9:11am so in the time between 8:11am and 9:11am we can assume the aircraft was finally powered down for some reason. Crash or shutdown by pilots manually.

There was only enough fuel loaded on the aircraft to fly to Beijing. And that was a flight at FL350 at least, likely climbing to FL390 enroute after burning some fuel ( making the aircraft lighter and then capable of reaching FL390 -Step climb as it is called.)

Normal fuel load would be enough fuel to get to Beijing, fly to an alternate if needed after missing approach in Beijing plus 30 minutes reserve fuel. I would guess normal fuel load to be about 7 hours 30 minutes. They would land in Beijing with 1 hour 30 minutes of fuel remaining on board, which is more than enough as destination and enroute weather was fine. I believe this amount of fuel agrees with any reported fuel loads.

So, the aircraft departs KL at 12:41am, it would run out of fuel at approx. 8:11am. Spot on! BUT.....an hour into the flight, the aircraft descends to 12,000 feet. Well, for obvious reasons, fuel burn on a 777 at this altitude is significantly more than fuel burn at FL350. So the pinging would have stopped well before 8:11am. Well before.

This data shows that it is more likely that the aircraft continued to fly to another airport somewhere and land. The pinging stopped when the aircraft was powered down after the flight. (It will still ping when aircraft is powered up on the ground).

So to conclude, it is virtually impossible for this aircraft to have flown out over the Indian Ocean for 7 hours on it's own/autopilot until it completely ran out of fuel unless it maintained it's altitude of 35,000 feet the entire time.

But the UK AAIB and the people at Inmarsat are saying that the aircraft remained at cruising altitude, which they have determined mathematically from the Inmarsat data.

There are serious suggestions that the plane deliberately carried extra fuel because Malaysian fuel is cheaper (for MAS, at least) than Chinese fuel.

But the UK AAIB and the people at Inmarsat are saying that the aircraft remained at cruising altitude, which they have determined mathematically from the Inmarsat data.

How they found MH370

http://www.3aw.com.au/blogs/neil-mitchell-blog/how-they-found-mh370/20140325-35fcm.html

Perhaps because they know how much fuel was on board and you don't. I seem to recall that the 777 has one of the better glide ratios for a heavy. Glide ratios for commercial planes may be in the 15:1 to 20:1 ramge. Not sure what 777 is, but that could account for some additional time. Keep in mind a lot of the jumbos descend from cruise altitude at idle thrust under normal operation. These thing don't just fall from the sky when power is cut.

I fully agree with your comment.

However, they reported the aircraft to have descended to 12,000 feet after it turned back.

Fair enough can't argue with you. Australia, their military and the people are nothing but a bunch of clowns. They should leave it up to you to run the search. We are nothing but a pack of uneducated convicts and servant of mother England who should be cultivating the land ready for the british to inhabit. Australia will never be a country who can stand on their own feetthumbsup.gif

Someone here doesn't have a very positive self-image do they? rolleyes.gif

http://www.3aw.com.au/blogs/neil-mitchell-blog/how-they-found-mh370/20140325-35fcm.html

It is impossible to get "triangulation" from a one-satellite ping.

Bottom line is: still no confirmed wreckage or other physical proof of the plane's fate or final location.

Although I'm not any conspiracy theorest, I would tend to believe the Malaysian govt. about as much as I believe the Thai government.

What are some relatives demanding?

In a word: proof. Hundreds of friends and family members of passengers marched Tuesday to the Malaysian Embassy in Beijing to express their anger and frustration.

They said they weren't being told the truth by the Malaysian government. "If you find something: OK, we accept," said one relative of a passenger. "But nothing -- just from the data, just from analysis."

Sarah Bajc, whose partner of two years, Philip Wood, was on the passenger jet, wrote on her Facebook page Tuesday: "There is still NO PROOF that the plane 'crashed' and all souls were lost. There is only improved evidence as to the time, approximate location and approximate line of flight as of the last known 'ping.' This is not irrefutable proof. Dead bodies are irrefutable proof. Until we have those, we will keep hoping!!! It was both irresponsible and heartless for the Malaysia government to release this information in the WAY that did it, together with an unproven conclusion."

Bimal Sharma, an Indian man whose sister Chandrika was on the plane, said, "I suppose I want to see something from the seas. I don't know why I just want to see some debris off the aircraft and the 'black box' to know what exactly happened because there are too many unanswered questions."

Sharma, who has worked for a long time in the Indian merchant navy, told CNN's Jim Sciutto that he had "sailed those oceans several times myself."

6. Besides relatives, have others been critical of process?

Arthur Rosenberg, an aviation attorney, said he was troubled by the different language used by the satellite company and Malaysian officials.

"On the one hand, you have the executive from Inmarsat saying 'most likely' and somehow that got booted up to 'beyond reasonable doubt.' I don't agree with that," Rosenberg said.

"I am not convinced that they are certain where this airplane is," he said. "I think they have fine-tuned it to a general area, but to say beyond a reasonable doubt this plane went down where they are saying is a stretch."

Aviation experts also expressed dissatisfaction and frustration with the information.

"We've been waiting for the shoe to drop for more than two weeks now. And what we got was the most tantalizingly unsatisfying thread of a resolution," Jeff Wise, a private pilot and aviation writer, told CNN.

CNN aviation analyst Miles O'Brien said he wanted to see more information about what was behind Malaysian authorities' announcement.

"There is a saying in science: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence," he said. "Show me. Show me the evidence."

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/03/25/world/asia/malaysia-flight-questions/index.html?hpt=hp_c1

And the search for the plane and/or its remains resumes:

After bad weather halted the hunt for a day, searching resumed Wednesday, the Australian Maritime Safety Authority said.

A Chinese plane took off for the search area in the Indian Ocean at 5 a.m. Wednesday (5 p.m. ET Tuesday), several hours ahead of schedule, the authority said.

Gale-force winds, large waves, heavy rain and low clouds lashed the search area Tuesday, making it impossible to dispatch surveillance planes to the scene and making it all but impossible to spot anything from ships.

"It's a pretty remote area and weather conditions can get very, very bad, very, very quickly," said Neil Bennett of the Australian Bureau of Meteorology. "At the moment, we're looking at a good day today, but we are expecting conditions to deteriorate again tomorrow."

Wednesday's search is set to include ships and aircraft from six countries: Australia, New Zealand, the United States, Japan, China and South Korea.

Twelve aircraft will be part of the search, Australian officials said.

Australia's HMAS Success and China's Xue Long polar supply ship are also in the search area, officials said.

And equipment to help find the plane's locator beacon was expected to arrive Wednesday from the United States.

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/03/25/world/asia/malaysia-airlines-plane/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK