BULLETIN — Malaysia Airlines says Flight 370 crashed in Southern Indian Ocean, no survivors

Lite Beer

BULLETIN — Malaysia Airlines says Flight 370 crashed in Southern Indian Ocean, no survivors

KUALA LUMPUR, MALAYSIA (BNO NEWS) — Malaysia Airlines informed relatives of passengers on board Flight 370 on late Monday evening that the aircraft crashed in the Southern Indian Ocean and that none of those on board survivors, ending more than two weeks of uncertainty.

“We deeply regret that we have to assume beyond any reasonable doubt that MH370 has been lost and that none of those on board have survived,” the airline said in a text message to relatives of the passengers. “We must now accept all evidence suggests the plane went down in the Southern Indian Ocean.”

Malaysia Airlines flight MH370, a Boeing 777-200 aircraft, was carrying 227 passengers and 12 crew members when it disappeared from civilian radar over the South China Sea at around 1:30 a.m. local time on March 8, but investigators believe the aircraft continued to fly for nearly seven more hours. Flight 370 had departed Kuala Lumpur in Malaysia at 12:41 a.m. and was scheduled to land in the Chinese capital of Beijing at around 6:30 a.m.

Source: http://www.bnowire.com/2014/03/24/bulletin-malaysia-airlines-says-flight-370-crashed-in-southern-indian-ocean-no-survivors/

--BNO NEWS 2014-03-24

• Like 1

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

All over the news...al,jazeera UK fox... Aussie warship steaming to where the Aussie Orion dtopped flares and captain of Orion went to a briefing instead of facing media. AND relatives getting ready to fly to,OERTH plus US warship with sophisticated detection equipment on board.

Sounds like they found it to,me

Marcusd. Via tapatalk

• Like 1

What an odd statement to make in the absence of hard evidence.......Unless yet again Malaysia Air

is privy to information they are not releasing..

"We deeply regret that we have to assume beyond any reasonable doubt that MH370 has been lost".....

Seems reasonable to me.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

The txt was obviously for people that didn't attend the briefings. Obviously they didn't have time to phone each one before the presser. They can't say why until they find the recorders - and they may not reveal all.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I reckon they have known for sure the last few days, hence why the Chinese have brought their large planes. The speech and the fact the families are all going to Oz I would expect the black box etc to have already been located.

Interesting piece of information from CNN.

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/03/24/world/asia/malaysia-airlines-plane/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

"Razak based his announcement on what he described as unprecedented analysis of satellite data sent by the plane by British satellite provider Inmarsat and the British Air Accidents Investigation Branch. He didn't describe the nature of the analysis."

So it sounds like instead of the giant northern and southern arc of the search area that has been

out a couple of weeks, it seems like Inmansat was able to pinpoint the area of last transmission,

and then concentrate the search there.

Edited by EyesWideOpen

MISSING MH 370
MH 370 crashed in Indian Ocean, no survivors : Malaysia PM

Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 went down in a remote location, far from any land sites in the middle of the Southern Indian Ocean, Malaysia's Prime Minister Najib Razak said Monday.

Based on new analysis, it is concluded that Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 flew along southern corridor and last position in middle of Indian Ocean," he said in a press conference. It is assumed that there is no survivor.

The analysis was provided by British satellite company Inmarsat and UK Air Accidents Investigation Branch, Razak said.

"Based on their new analysis….MH370 flew along the southern corridor and that its last position was in the middle of the Indian Ocean west of Perth," Razak said Monday.

"This is a remote location, far from any possible landing sites. It is therefore, with deep sadness and regret, that I must inform you that according to this new data that flight MH370 ended in the southern Indian Ocean."

He announced the news after an emergency meeting was held for relatives of those aboard the flight.

The airline has dispatched a text message to impacted families stating that "MH370 has been lost" and "none of those on board survived."

Shortly before Razak's announcement, relatives of the passengers were booked on charter flights to take them to Australia, sources told Sky News. An emergency meeting between families and Malaysia Airlines officials took place in Beijing, Razak said. Paramedics were on scene there, according to Sky News.

"For them, the past few weeks have been heartbreaking. I know this news must be harder still," Razak said.

Earlier Monday, Australian and Chinese search planes spotted more objects in the southern Indian Ocean that were identified as possible debris from the missing jet.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-03-24

Sounds like it was more satellite data that confirmed it came down in the same areas as the wreckage off Australia. And no mention of hijacking or the pilots - so if it was explosive decompression and systems failures I hope they are going to apologise to the relatives of the aircrew.

Sent from my C6902 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

From the Prime Minister's comments quoted here and the general wording of the reports, it doesn't sound like they've actually found any physical remains of the plane, at least, as yet.

From CNN:

The announcement came the same day as Australian officials said they had spotted two objects in the southern Indian Ocean that could be related to the flight, which has been missing since March 8 with 239 people aboard.

One object is "a grey or green circular object," and the other is "an orange rectangular object," the Australian Maritime Safety Authority said.

The objects are the latest in a series of sightings, including "suspicious objects" reported earlier Monday by a Chinese military plane that was involved in search efforts in the same region, authorities said.

So far, nothing has been definitively linked to Flight 370.

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/03/24/world/asia/malaysia-airlines-plane/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

Lifeboats would contain distress beacons which obviously haven't been turned on, so rule that out. Small pieces equals violent collision.

If passengers were conscious at least some would have to know all was not well (too long in air, no urban lights, phone gps?) and maybe write something down; physical or digital medium, photos can be taken.

• Like 2

It 's not over yet.

Why was the plane thousands miles away from its route ?

We need to find out what happened.

That;s horrible for the victims' relatives. They need the truth in this murky story.

• Like 2

Sounds like it was more satellite data that confirmed it came down in the same areas as the wreckage off Australia. And no mention of hijacking or the pilots - so if it was explosive decompression and systems failures I hope they are going to apologise to the relatives of the aircrew.

I don;'t understand why it took so long to analyze this satellite data.

Why Thailand took one week to say they had spotted an undetected signal on their radar, while all those cover-ups, delays, half-news, silences, contradictions

I don't like to see conspiracies every time, but here we have too many strange things...

• Like 2

I reckon they have known for sure the last few days, hence why the Chinese have brought their large planes. The speech and the fact the families are all going to Oz I would expect the black box etc to have already been located.

With all the false leads and flack the Malaysians have had recently I would think they would have said if the aircraft dropped sonar buoys had picked up a signal from the "Black Box Data Recorder". At the assumed depth of the wreckage the more powerful shipborne sonar would have to sail pretty close to the Black Box in order to locate it. Hopefully the ship now in the search area will pick up floating wreckage to finally confirm the worst.

Suspect the timing of the announcement was political. The satellite data and the wreckage photos were all pointing to the Southern crash site so the Malaysia PM broke the news to create the impression to China and the rest of the World that he's in charge. If he delayed 'till there was solid evidence there would be a risk that the Australian PM would break the news and make the Malaysian PM look like a clueless bystander.

Politicians - gotta love 'em.

And so the poor relatives get a rushed, half baked announcement.

• Like 2

May sound off, but texting is the fastest, clearest, most concise way to get this important news through to the many hundreds of grieving relatives.

RIP

"Not only did Malaysia Airlines inform relatives of their loss by SMS but also in English, while most are Chinese and not all speak English."

Retweeted by George Thaivisa

With all the false leads and flack the Malaysians have had recently I would think they would have said if the aircraft dropped sonar buoys had picked up a signal from the "Black Box Data Recorder". At the assumed depth of the wreckage the more powerful shipborne sonar would have to sail pretty close to the Black Box in order to locate it. Hopefully the ship now in the search area will pick up floating wreckage to finally confirm the worst.

They must have something the families have been officially told and I've just read their reaction so to change statement now would look bad beyond belief, I still suspect this is a monster cover up.
  • Like 2

What an odd statement to make in the absence of hard evidence.......Unless yet again Malaysia Air

is privy to information they are not releasing..

"We deeply regret that we have to assume beyond any reasonable doubt that MH370 has been lost".....

Indeed.... one of my first bosses as a young man told me the meaning behind the word assume...

Make an ass out of u and me.

I can agree that is is a logical conclusion, since the plane has not been found high and dry anywhere on land. However you would think that they could find a better way to say this than based on assumption.

The people who lost loved ones on that flight will have a hard time finding "closure" based on assumptions- especially those who heard a cellphone ringing after the aircraft went missing.

If I was one of those people, I would continue making my own assumptions until I was presented with irrefutable proof.

• Like 1