BULLETIN — Malaysia Airlines says Flight 370 crashed in Southern Indian Ocean, no survivors

Lite Beer

The plane is down somewhere near where they are looking. Please take a moment to feel for the families before you post any more nonsensical, conspiratorial theories.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A sad but inevitable end to a mystery which may never be fully resolved - especially considering where it finally hit the water. I feel so very sorry for the relatives (the majority being Chinese) who hold such store on being able to visit a grave side or funeral urn to mourn the loss of their loved ones.

I so totally agree with an earlier post - I hope the Malaysian authorities are going to specifically apologize to the families of the Pilot and Co-pilot for the way these folk had their reputations so badly slighted by the reckless spate of reporting on this planes' disappearance.

I don't see any proof of anything "definite" yet - no physical evidence seems to have been recovered.

And odd that the Malays are quick to declare that there are no survivors - this assertion would not hold in a court of law.

I'm confused by many posters above. Did you read/hear/view the statement from Malaysia's PM? He stated Inmarsat had done a new analysis approved by the proper UK board. Conclusion: middle of South Indian ocean with no nearby airstrips.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Still so odd how it ended up in the southern Indian Ocean...thousands of miles and seven hours flying time from it's last known contact point. A ghost plane of some sort?

Entirely plausible, if the entire aircraft suffered decompression sickness, they'd have all passed out, this is what happened to Payne Stewarts aircraft, where it flew on till it simply ran out of fuel. If the aircraft was also not on auto pilot even a 1 degree bank would turn the aircraft eventually off its course and do a 180 from it's flight path at some point, and it would have been slowly bleeding off airspeed as well, and of course fuel.

Suspect the timing of the announcement was political. The satellite data and the wreckage photos were all pointing to the Southern crash site so the Malaysia PM broke the news to create the impression to China and the rest of the World that he's in charge. If he delayed 'till there was solid evidence there would be a risk that the Australian PM would break the news and make the Malaysian PM look like a clueless bystander.

Politicians - gotta love 'em.

And so the poor relatives get a rushed, half baked announcement.

Sent from my C6902 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

The Malaysians have done a good impression of being clueless bystanders since day one.

I'm confused by many posters above. Did you read/hear/view the statement from Malaysia's PM? He stated Inmarsat had done a new analysis approved by the proper UK board. Conclusion: middle of South Indian ocean with no nearby airstrips.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Fair enough. But with all the assets actively searching the ocean, and more on the way, why get in front of a microphone today? This is not the first information pointing to the ocean. Could have waited a day or two for some of the recent sightings to have been checked out.

Though, I now wonder about those sightings. Either they have something that just hasn't been confirmed, or they have absolutely nothing. In the case of the latter, it might make sense to release bad news in steps.

I thought the point of evidence was to prove or conclude something, not to suggest.

That wording was either drafted by someone trained in evasive declarations or by a stupid person....

Plausible deniability. Most politicians have it down pat... except Tony Abbott.

The information that the plane was lost at sea was provided by another of those stupid British Farangs using revolutionary new technology developed by Inmarsat which was able to 'crunch' all the relevant data from numerous sources and provide a conclusive answer that the plane went down in the Indian Ocean.

Surprisingly the British company did not wait 'to be asked' for their findings as Thailand might have done,but gave them to the Malaysian government last Sunday. Final checks were made before the information was made public

"MH370 has been LOST"...

Doea anyone remember the LOST TV serie?

Where is that island?

To me, as long as they have no physical evidence to prove where this plane ended, I will keep doubts...

Not many people did talk about, confirm or decline the rumour that 20 ingeniors from Freescale Semiconductors were on board. If it was the case, I am afraid we have to consider a "Secret Defence" case!

May sound off, but texting is the fastest, clearest, most concise way to get this important news through to the many hundreds of grieving relatives.

RIP

"Not only did Malaysia Airlines inform relatives of their loss by SMS but also in English, while most are Chinese and not all speak English."

Retweeted by George Thaivisa

If that is true that is appalling. I can't believe that. Well, then again, that sounds like something the Thais would do....

Edited by djhotsox

It would appear to me that the officials of Malaysian Airlines do not, and never have had, the slightest clue as to the location of this aircraft. To date (midnight of the 24th March) no evidence of any wreckage from the aircraft has ever been located and identified, and I would say that it is presently being given a complete paint job in northern pakistan prior to being used as a lethal projectile, all courtesy of the muslim peaceful alliance :)

Whether in the ocean or not, the whole truth from this is unlikely ever to be made public.

As for myself, it just confirms my suspicions that many people know far more than they are ever going to tell the poor relatives of this disaster.

Surely no-one believes a word the Malaysian authorities say.

• Like 2

I don't see any proof of anything "definite" yet - no physical evidence seems to have been recovered.

And odd that the Malays are quick to declare that there are no survivors - this assertion would not hold in a court of law.

plane oes down hard in the middle of an ocean for 16 days - i think it safe to guess the survival rate will be zero

bodies may be eaten or decompposed but surely the metal parts of the wings and fusilage and the emergency boxes

can be recovered if they havent already .........

This is such a cover up. Of course they are calling off the search, they know they will never find anything. It is a wild goose chase right now.

Does it not strike anyone as odd that they are looking for a 22m piece of something off the West Coast of Australia? If not, would you please enlighten me as to which part of a Boeing 777 is that long and will still be floating after 3 weeks?

The aircraft was deliberately taken over. No catastrophic emergencies or failures and no explosions.

The guys running this show are a bunch of clowns and dismissing data that they should be investigating further.

• Like 1

A sad but inevitable end to a mystery which may never be fully resolved - especially considering where it finally hit the water. I feel so very sorry for the relatives (the majority being Chinese) who hold such store on being able to visit a grave side or funeral urn to mourn the loss of their loved ones.

I so totally agree with an earlier post - I hope the Malaysian authorities are going to specifically apologize to the families of the Pilot and Co-pilot for the way these folk had their reputations so badly slighted by the reckless spate of reporting on this planes' disappearance.

Well of course the jury is still out on what actually happened, but I feel there are a lot more apologies owed than just from the Malaysians. We have had members on here using the most diabolical language concerning the crew with some saying "The Captain is as Guilty as sin" - concerning allegations of foul play. I hope if it is subsequently shown they were not guilty of foul play those members will be as quick to retract their dreadful statements as they were to make them.

I still think more evidence is required to say 'all dead, no survivors'

• Like 2

This is such a cover up. Of course they are calling off the search, they know they will never find anything. It is a wild goose chase right now.

Does it not strike anyone as odd that they are looking for a 22m piece of something off the West Coast of Australia? If not, would you please enlighten me as to which part of a Boeing 777 is that long and will still be floating after 3 weeks?

The aircraft was deliberately taken over. No catastrophic emergencies or failures and no explosions.

The guys running this show are a bunch of clowns and dismissing data that they should be investigating further.

What data? please elaborate.

"MH370 has been LOST"...

Doea anyone remember the LOST TV serie?

Where is that island?

To me, as long as they have no physical evidence to prove where this plane ended, I will keep doubts...

Not many people did talk about, confirm or decline the rumour that 20 ingeniors from Freescale Semiconductors were on board. If it was the case, I am afraid we have to consider a "Secret Defence" case!

It was true that 20 Freescale employees were on board, but they were not the super top secret weapons or electric car development team or whatever people were saying they were. All non-western engineers, flying to their production operations in China.

Last I checked, American companies don't develop or produce world changing, top secret electronics in Chinese factories. Nor do they entrust a team of foreign national engineers who aren't in the executive team with the keys to that technology. Ok, I never checked that, but it just implausible. That's why that story went nowhere.

• Like 2

Interesting! The information from the UK AAIB and Inmarsat is now showing that the aircraft was in fact at cruising altitude and never deviated from that. It was above 30 000 ft and flew on and on until out of fuel. That puts a lot of theories here on this forum to bed. Curiouser and curiouser.

The 3 stooges. Recall that for the first week they said it disappeared between western Malaysia and Vietnam while other countries searched said area, all the while knowing the plane went west.

Just a few days ago they told the relatives that the passengers were still alive somewhere. We gave no reason to believe whatever it is they say.

I thought it was weird when first announced: the original news article I read said that 2 hours into the flight it disappeared just as it was leaving Malaysian airspace off the coast from Kota Bharu.

No way it takes that long to fly from KL to that area.

They can't fool all the people all the time, but they're working on it.

The guy on the left is Najib's patsy, only says what the boss tells him to; if he were Thai he'd be in the redshirt 'leadership.'

post-12743-0-11017800-1395693679_thumb.j

Edited by bendejo