• Topics

• Latest posts...

1. 0

Survivors of Hiroshima and Nagasaki Awarded Nobel Peace Prize for Nuclear Disarmament

2. 0

Controversy Surrounds Guardian Review of Oct 7 Documentary on Hamas Massacre

3. 0

Unlikely Justice for Victims of Novichok Poisoning, Says Former PM Theresa May

4. 0

The Growing Influence of the US Far Right on Ireland's Extremist Movements

5. 0

Boris Johnson Hints at Potential Return to Front-Line Politics

6. 0

Pro-Palestinian ‘mob-rule tactics’ Force Postponement of Braverman’s Cambridge Speech

7. 0

Taylor Swift Donates $5 Million to Hurricane Relief Efforts

8. 0

Honeymoon Period Over for Kamala Harris Polls Show Tight Race

9. 0

DeSantis Pushes Back on Climate Change’s Role in Stronger Storms

10. 0

German Politician Calls for Ban on Greta Thunberg Over Pro-Palestinian Protest Involvement

11. 0

U.S. Seeks to Weaken Hezbollah’s Grip on Lebanon Amid Israeli Offensive

12. 0

YouTuber and BBC Star Yung Filly Arrested in Australia Over Alleged Hotel Rape

13. 4

Thailand Live Saturday 12 October 2024

HSBC Singapore

Hi there. Im sure there must be a thread on this somewhere but I seem to be doing something wrong with the search facility.

How easy is it to create an account with HSBC Singapore? I guess a simple savings account will be fine - I just want to move my money from Thai bank account (in stages I guess) to HSBC and deposit savings each month. I have just read the basics and it seems as a non Singapore resident all i need is proof of address for my home (rented) here in Thailand. Im guessing my driving license and letter from immigration should be enough?

is it realy that easy to open an account with them? Easy enough to move funds around with on-line banking? What about cash deposits.... Do they have a satelite office in BKK where you can place cash deposits?

Any feedback appreciated, thanks

TLS

So long as you're not American, should be fine. HSBC is probably the most uptight bank and the sole branch in Bangkok won't allow you to deposit cash into a foreign account.

You can always wire from your current Thai account if it doesn't exceed the threshold. Others feel free to comment as to the magic number. I think it's 50k at Krungsri.

Of course if you're wiring funds, then look at other banks like DBS or OCBC. Your post pay mobile or internet bill is sufficient proof of address for opening an account. DBS opens immediately. OCBC will ask for $1000 as an initial deposit.

So long as you're not American, should be fine. HSBC is probably the most uptight bank and the sole branch in Bangkok won't allow you to deposit cash into a foreign account.

You can always wire from your current Thai account if it doesn't exceed the threshold. Others feel free to comment as to the magic number. I think it's 50k at Krungsri.

Of course if you're wiring funds, then look at other banks like DBS or OCBC. Your post pay mobile or internet bill is sufficient proof of address for opening an account. DBS opens immediately. OCBC will ask for $1000 as an initial deposit.

HSBC retail bank in Bangkok is closed.

I have sterling accounts with Standard Chartered Bank in Singapore, no issues setting the A/C up

I have online banking, they also have a branch in Chiang Mai, not to far from Tanin Market

You can also apply for their online trading account