90 Day Reporting In Pattaya

oda561

Hi All,

Will be arriving in Pattaya July and curious if the immigration has started online 90 day reporting? I will work outside Thai, and with non Imm "O" Retirement, want to make sure I am back for the reporting, or of course, it would make life much easier for online!

Regards,

Dick

Hi All,

Will be arriving in Pattaya July and curious if the immigration has started online 90 day reporting? I will work outside Thai, and with non Imm "O" Retirement, want to make sure I am back for the reporting, or of course, it would make life much easier for online!

Regards,

Dick

My understanding is that you can do the 90 day reporting online. Here is the link to the Pattaya Immigration Bureau website:

Pattaya Immigration Bureau

Unfortunately, I couldn't find anything on their site about reporting online, just electronic copies of the various forms. You could try emailing them about the procedure(s):

[email protected] or phone them after you arrive:

038 – 252 - 750

I think there was a discussion in this forum about this subject a little while ago (sometime after 5 Dec 05 I think). Might try searching or scanning back a couple of pages.

Good luck.

Oda, the 90 day reporting thingy is for people who stay more then 90 days at a time in Thailand.

Since you write you are now outside Thailand, your first reporting day will be 90 days after you enter Thailand...

There is no need to be back in time to report, nor would there be a need to report on-line while you are abroad.

The law is just there so immigration will know where you are living when inside Thailand...

Edited by monty

Oda:

What Monty has said is accurate. The 90 day reporting is suspended while you are out of Kingdom and a new 90 day cycle begins when you return.

Be sure you get an exit/reentry visa before you leave, though.

PS: Give us a report on your golf club search as well. I will be interested to know what you find.

Hmmmm, just noticed something odd. You and srini have the exact same avatar.

(Note that you joined like, 15 months earlier and have about 1,364 more posts !)

just odd to see two people with the same obscure avatar.......

Hi All,

I want to thank you all for your imput.

This makes my life a lot easier now knowing that as I work outside of Thailand there is no need for reporting and a big load off my mind. I will isnure I get a multiple entry exit stamp with my long stay visa while at immigration.

regards,

Dick Cooper

Unfortunately, I couldn't find anything on their site about reporting online, just electronic copies of the various forms.

I found this on-line form but don't know how one is to supply their signature. TM47

I too, found that form and wondered the same. Since I have to do my 90 day reporting soon it would be good to get clarification of the above.

Unfortunately, I couldn't find anything on their site about reporting online, just electronic copies of the various forms.

I found this on-line form but don't know how one is to supply their signature. TM47

I too, found that form and wondered the same. Since I have to do my 90 day reporting soon it would be good to get clarification of the above.

If I was you, I'd send the form off and print a copy.

There should also be some kind of computer acknowledgment of your submission that you can also print off, and if there isn't, I wouldn't place one iota of faith in the system.

Then go down to immigration, show them them whatever copies you've manged to print, and ask if they have a record of your submission.

If there is the slightest doubt, just fill in as per normal, and wait until they have got their IT sorted a bit better. :o

Oda, the 90 day reporting thingy is for people who stay more then 90 days at a time in Thailand.

Since you write you are now outside Thailand, your first reporting day will be 90 days after you enter Thailand...

There is no need to be back in time to report, nor would there be a need to report on-line while you are abroad.

The law is just there so immigration will know where you are living when inside Thailand...

I was in the US when my 90 was due. I was told if it happens again, the fine would be 5000 baht. I was 4 days late.

I was in the US when my 90 was due. I was told if it happens again, the fine would be 5000 baht. I was 4 days late.

This is clearly an error. The 90 days is always counted from the date of your entry stamp back into Thailand. I've done it loads of times. I can only imagine the immigration official didn't realise you had been out of Thailand, or didn't understand his own rules.

Most peculiar. :o

MUST NOTIFY YOUR PLACE OF RESIDENCE TO THE IMMIGRATION OFFICE IF YOU STAY LONGER THAN NINETY DAYS AND ARE REQUIRED TO DO SO EVERY NINETY DAYS.

Above is the text from the old TM 6 - form (arrrival/departure card).

If some immigration office wants the report while being outside of Thailand suggest to mail from (e.g.) the US with a US-address and ask them to confirm. Just for the fun of it.

MUST NOTIFY YOUR PLACE OF RESIDENCE TO THE IMMIGRATION OFFICE IF YOU STAY LONGER THAN NINETY DAYS AND ARE REQUIRED TO DO SO EVERY NINETY DAYS.

Above is the text from the old TM 6 - form (arrrival/departure card).

If some immigration office wants the report while being outside of Thailand suggest to mail from (e.g.) the US with a US-address and ask them to confirm. Just for the fun of it.

With the greatest respect, isn't the operative word: "stay"? You even surrender your departure card upon departure, which would suggest to me that your"stay" has ended.

If you leave the country and you have and exit stamp. and then you return and have an re-entry stamp, along with your re-entry visa, then surely you weren't "staying" when you were out of Thailand?

Unless they've changed the rules, (which I accept they might have done), it has never previously been the case, that time out of Thailand is considered part of the 90 day reporting requiuirement - it has always started anew from date of re-entry into the country.

Mobi D'Ark, I fully agree to what you say, my post was more tongue in cheek to Pakboong in case

the immigrtion officer still insists on having a report while he is out of the country.

Chose the mail-report and ask them to return by mail and see what happens.