would you recommend relocating to Thailand to friends back home?

willyumiii

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Basically not software nor do I care to included in selective memory.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Do you have an interpreter that I could ask?
You have to be of same to know. Also the why so many software or idea solutions are sourced out to the US or the UK - which are thus sent to their US affiliates. Leave the thinking to whom knows. Which explains why the websites, title treatments, television/movie opening sequences of Asia (& most of the world in the same class) are amongst the worst. The BBC originals are the same, look as if the same company handles them all.

I still think you need to consider an interpreter. Are you saying that Thai Visa is one of the worst in Asia? Or worse than the BBC or you don't know? Or you know how to post and not look like a child on sites in the USA?

"Thai Visa" isn't anywhere in the quotation. Thai Visa in simply a communication method. And you are making a more weaker argument as you speak or write.

Was just responding to a question, better to stick to the OP or better yet since I started it, drop it all together.

Different OP, my apologies.

Excuse me????

It only takes a glance at the top of the page to see that I am the OP!

Are you on drugs or what?

Why else would some one lie about being an OP?

It has been an interesting thread with some very good replies.

But as usual, some replies, like yours and your friends are not onlyy out there, but off the wall as well.

Thanks so much for you input Mr. OP !

Lacking comprehensive reading skills or too many beers already ? Jeeeeezzzzz

You changed the bears to beers benaboy!

I get along with bears very well.

I did wildlife work for years in the forests of California.

But seriously Bena...what the heck do you posts have to do with my original topic? " Would you recommend relocating to Thailand to a friend?"

What you post may or may not be valid, but has nothing to do with the topic.

Need help starting a new topic?

Go to " General Forum."

Click on the box that says " start a new topic"

It can be dangerous confusing bears with beers. Be careful!

• Like 1

Sorry, benalibina I said that even you knew how to post on Thai Visa and looking at the above I see I was wrong. Sorry.

Haha...like on this reply....i press the quote button.....et voila....the result is out of my control.

Your post #208 is completely messed up. Why the difference? Not that it makes any difference because you don't answer questions anyway.

Since I'm here I'll ask again. What does, "You have to be of same to know. Also the why so many software or idea solutions are sourced out to the US or the UK - which are thus sent to their US affiliates. Leave the thinking to whom knows. Which explains why the websites, title treatments, television/movie opening sequences of Asia (& most of the world in the same class) are amongst the worst. The BBC originals are the same, look as if the same company handles them all."

You called me a dummy for not knowing so you tell us, why don't ya?

Edited by thailiketoo

Sorry, benalibina I said that even you knew how to post on Thai Visa and looking at the above I see I was wrong. Sorry.

Haha...like on this reply....i press the quote button.....et voila....the result is out of my control.

Your post #208 is completely messed up. Why the difference? Not that it makes any difference because you don't answer questions anyway.

Since I'm here I'll ask again. What does, "You have to be of same to know. Also the why so many software or idea solutions are sourced out to the US or the UK - which are thus sent to their US affiliates. Leave the thinking to whom knows. Which explains why the websites, title treatments, television/movie opening sequences of Asia (& most of the world in the same class) are amongst the worst. The BBC originals are the same, look as if the same company handles them all."

Read read....i might think that u are a dummy but i would not write it. So read back.....where did i write ...U ARE A DUMMY.

Read read....i might think that u are a dummy but i would not write it. So read back.....where did i write ...U ARE A DUMMY.

You wrote, "Even if quotes are mixed up, yes boring to read it that way 2, one reads ...beginning on top and then down. Even u can handle that....try it."

I think the above implies I'm a dummy but no problem. I'm not angry. I can't handle it and I don't think that you can either.

I just asked what, "You have to be of same to know. Also the why so many software or idea solutions are sourced out to the US or the UK - which are thus sent to their US affiliates. Leave the thinking to whom knows. Which explains why the websites, title treatments, television/movie opening sequences of Asia (& most of the world in the same class) are amongst the worst. The BBC originals are the same, look as if the same company handles them all." meant.

Basically not software nor do I care to included in selective memory.

Do you have an interpreter that I could ask?
You have to be of same to know. Also the why so many software or idea solutions are sourced out to the US or the UK - which are thus sent to their US affiliates. Leave the thinking to whom knows. Which explains why the websites, title treatments, television/movie opening sequences of Asia (& most of the world in the same class) are amongst the worst. The BBC originals are the same, look as if the same company handles them all.

I still think you need to consider an interpreter. Are you saying that Thai Visa is one of the worst in Asia? Or worse than the BBC or you don't know? Or you know how to post and not look like a child on sites in the USA?

"Thai Visa" isn't anywhere in the quotation. Thai Visa in simply a communication method. And you are making a more weaker argument as you speak or write.

Was just responding to a question, better to stick to the OP or better yet since I started it, drop it all together.

Different OP, my apologies.

Excuse me????

It only takes a glance at the top of the page to see that I am the OP!

Are you on drugs or what?

Why else would some one lie about being an OP?

It has been an interesting thread with some very good replies.

But as usual, some replies, like yours and your friends are not onlyy out there, but off the wall as well.

Thanks so much for you input Mr. OP !

Lacking comprehensive reading skills or too many beers already ? Jeeeeezzzzz

...and the idiot OP wrote this as just a means of bordom not truth, but already here. Are you out in the sticks, retired...slowly aging/dying. Well if anything, good to show up.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I don't think you answered my question nor even made an attempt. I think you just flamed me some more. But I'm not sure as I really can't read your post. Time for some good old fashioned Thai computer education courses methinks. Repeat it enough and you'll eventually remember how to post a reply. It's called rote learning. I think you are trying to invent a new way of posting and let me tell you it ain't working.

And if the above post was meant for someone other than me I wish them luck in understanding it.

Edited by thailiketoo

I was beginning to stagnate, and the girl wasnt trying to find other sources of income,

that was not going to become my role

I gave her a lot of time to attempt other ventures and I wanted to look for a guest house,

She also didnt integrate me into her vanilla world friendships, so I wasnt able to discuss business opportunity with the very people who want to help her most,

when I saw she wasn't eager to think past either me, or going back to the bath tubs, I left

So you're suggesting that your decision to leave Thailand was based solely on the whims of a soapy massage woman?

Isn't that COMPLETELY at odds with the lone wolf, maverick persona you try to cultivate on this forum?

Actually, don't bother to answer that - I'm sure you'll find some way to backpedal frantically as you usually do.

Why some people feel compelled to create an image for anonymous internet forums is beyond me

I should add then,

My Visa was about to require another hop out of the country,

The timing was right,

and trying to create a persona?

who has time for that

I stayed 6 months.

Stagnation is what comes to mind.

Staggering heat comes next

Pollution

Food?

whereas Florida (were we lived for 15 years) has the most beautiful balanced and moderate climate especially the spring like season from june till september when max temperatures are always at a "comfortable" level of 35ºC/95ºF and the near daily power cuts in summer last only for a few hours except when a hurricane hits and power is down for several days.

cheesy.gif

in the more affluent areas, (most of south florida) the electric lines are now underground.

we dont lose power much at all, although hurricanes that down big poles that still stand, are an issue.

I do expect very strong storms this year, as they are chemtrailing here now,

other than that, the weather here in the summer, is better than any one day in Bangkok, and the ocean is clean and you can swim in it.

I am not promoting florida,

but it is one of the best places in the US, and, if you are so inclined, a trip to south beach is all that is required to meet european tourists, south american tourists, (not chinese or thai) or any asian country as the sun is apparently their nemesis, (even though it is needed for proper health and vitality)

florida is better than thailand, for everything, sorry

I stayed 6 months.

Pollution

Food?

whereas Florida (were we lived for 15 years) has the most beautiful balanced and moderate climate especially the spring like season from june till september when max temperatures are always at a "comfortable" level of 35ºC/95ºF and the near daily power cuts in summer last only for a few hours except when a hurricane hits and power is down for several days.

cheesy.gif

in the more affluent areas, (most of south florida) the electric lines are now underground.

we dont lose power much at all, although hurricanes that down big poles that still stand, are an issue.

other than that, the weather here in the summer, is better than any one day in Bangkok, and the ocean is clean and you can swim in it.

but it is one of the best places in the US, and, if you are so inclined, a trip to south beach is all that is required to meet european tourists, south american tourists, (not chinese or thai) or any asian country as the sun is apparently their nemesis, (even though it is needed for proper health and vitality)

we lived in a gated community with all utilities underground. but it doesn't help when the feeder lines are above ground. and that is the case all over the U.S. of A. which makes it a third world country as far as any utility feeds (except water) is concerned.

living in the U.S. has huge advantages, there's no doubt about it. but it depends on your personal life style whether these advantages outweigh the advantages Thailand offers.

Bill. Buck, Hank and Joe (not to forget Bubba laugh.png ) with a moderate disposable income of let's say $25k p.a. before "Messrs. IRS" can live a comfortable life, equivalent to their peers in Thailand, anywhere in the U.S. but the gap widens considerably when the annual budget is $100-150k before taxes. even with the latter income a U.S. resident can't afford the home, the maid, the cook, the gardener and the driver (all full time employed) his peers can afford in Thailand.

disclaimer: if my wife could press a button to beam us back to the U.S. she wouldn't hesitate more than 3.5 seconds before pressing it and if there was no IRS i might agree, thinking of spending october till april in Florida and may till september in the mountains of West Virginia or Tennessee.

and if there was a power cut of 6 days as we experienced in december 1989 because a hard freeze and its electricity demand brought Florida Power&Light down we would do the same as we did then, i.e. take the next flight and spend a month or two in our home in Germany.

• Like 1

I stayed 6 months.

Pollution

Food?

cheesy.gif

we lived in a gated community with all utilities underground. but it doesn't help when the feeder lines are above ground. and that is the case all over the U.S. of A. which makes it a third world country as far as any utility feeds (except water) is concerned.

living in the U.S. has huge advantages, there's no doubt about it. but it depends on your personal life style whether these advantages outweigh the advantages Thailand offers.

Bill. Buck, Hank and Joe (not to forget Bubba laugh.png ) with a moderate disposable income of let's say $25k p.a. before "Messrs. IRS" can live a comfortable life, equivalent to their peers in Thailand, anywhere in the U.S. but the gap widens considerably when the annual budget is $100-150k before taxes. even with the latter income a U.S. resident can't afford the home, the maid, the cook, the gardener and the driver (all full time employed) his peers can afford in Thailand.

disclaimer: if my wife could press a button to beam us back to the U.S. she wouldn't hesitate more than 3.5 seconds before pressing it and if there was no IRS i might agree, thinking of spending october till april in Florida and may till september in the mountains of West Virginia or Tennessee.

and if there was a power cut of 6 days as we experienced in december 1989 because a hard freeze and its electricity demand brought Florida Power&Light down we would do the same as we did then, i.e. take the next flight and spend a month or two in our home in Germany.

I havent ruled out thailand entirely, for all the reasons you mentioned.

6 months was a good amount of time for me, as I am commerce oriented, and I was always looking.

I have ruled out most of bangkok tho

6 months was a good amount of time for me, as I am commerce oriented, and I was always looking.

to each his own, but personally i can't understand why people (who have a choice) live in Bangkok.

to each his own, but personally i can't understand why people (who have a choice) live in Bangkok.
Where should they live then? In every country the big cities are very popular to live in. Especially among young people or single people. What single 25 year old person would like to sit alone in a house in an Isaan village. Or any other village in Thailand. It's Bangkok, CM or a couple of other large cities if you don't like to stay on an island Edited by larsjohnsson

Where should they live then? In every country the big cities are very popular to live in. Especially among young people or single people. What single 25 year old person would like to sit alone in a house in an Isaan village. Or any other village in Thailand. It's Bangkok, CM or a couple of other large cities if you don't like to stay on an island

I am thinking about an island for next time

Where should they live then? In every country the big cities are very popular to live in. Especially among young people or single people. What single 25 year old person would like to sit alone in a house in an Isaan village. Or any other village in Thailand. It's Bangkok, CM or a couple of other large cities if you don't like to stay on an island

Again..I can not see what this has to do with the topic I started..".Would you recommend relocating to Thailand to a friend?"

But in response to your off target reply...

There are hundreds of thousands of young single Thais who are very happy to stay in their Issan villages!

The only reason they have ever relocated to the dirty, stinky hell hole of Bangacock is to escape extreme poverty.

I live in Issan and I know life is better here for young Thais. then it is in Bangacock.

The economy here is much better than in the past and now reasonable employment is easy to find for young Thais.

People would rather stay here with their life long friends and family and work for a livable wage than go to the tourist flesh pots and sell their bodies and souls just to feed their parents and children, that they must leave to support!

I have heard whining from Farags abut the lower quality ( physically and mentally) of Issan bargirls available for the past two years..

and about how the "available " girls have been replaced by "agency" girls who won't go with a fat, ugly, smelly, old farang for a few hundred measly baht.

The reason is that the reasonably intelligent, not fat and butt ugly Issan women can now earn a living for their families at home while living with the people that they love and who love them.

The young Thais I know are very happy to be able to avoid the meat market life of the big, dirty city and stay home ..in the real heart of Thailand.

Edited by willyumiii
  • Like 1

Again..I can not see what this has to do with the topic I started..".Would you recommend relocating to Thailand to a friend?"

But in response to your off target reply...

There are hundreds of thousands of young single Thais who are very happy to stay in their Issan villages!

The only reason they have ever relocated to the dirty, stinky hell hole of Bangacock is to escape extreme poverty.

I live in Issan and I know life is better here for young Thais. then it is in Bangacock.

The economy here is much better than in the past and now reasonable employment is easy to find for young Thais.

People would rather stay here with their life long friends and family and work for a livable wage than go to the tourist flesh pots and sell their bodies and souls just to feed their parents and children, that they must leave to support!

I have heard whining from Farags abut the lower quality ( physically and mentally) of Issan bargirls available for the past two years..

and about how the "available " girls have been replaced by "agency" girls who won't go with a fat, ugly, smelly, old farang for a few hundred measly baht.

The reason is that the reasonably intelligent, not fat and butt ugly Issan women can now earn a living for their families at home while living with the people that they love and who love them.

The young Thais I know are very happy to be able to avoid the meat market life of the big, dirty city and stay home ..in the real heart of Thailand.

Yes but we talked about Farangs moving to Thailand. Not about Thai people that are born in a small village. Even then a lot of them like to move to the bigger cities. And Isaan is not more "real Thailand" than other parts of the country. I know many people that lives in a small village or in the country side in Isaan. But all of them moved there because they have a girlfriend or wife from that place. (I bet it's the same for you) I have never meet any single farang that rent/bought a house because he likes to live alone in a small village/countryside in Isaan or other similar places here. With the exeption of a few english teacher doing it because of their work. And where I live in Bangkok, I'm sure 30% of the people are from Isaan. But they have moved to Bangkok.

My post was a respond to the one in my quote about Bangkok

Edited by larsjohnsson

Actually if you like country life, setting yourself up with a nice house out in the sticks WITHOUT a Thai partner would be very smart. (Only leasing of course, never buy.)

Doesn't mean you have to live alone, just to keep yourself in control of the situation.

Just make sure to go looking for a partner from far away, you don't want to get involved in local dramas, nor live too near your SO's family.

IMO

• Like 1

no and no.

a naked farang expat was just found dead after living rough in Pattaya ,its just not cheap enough anymore to retire to LOS unless you have plenty o cash ,and thats PLENTY

and try living in the sticks with nobody to converse with for just 1 week and then think of a year with few to talk with in english .

you'll go crazy even after a month ,unless your a natural born hermit

Edited by 3NUMBAS
  • Like 1

no and no.

a naked farang expat was just found dead after living rough in Pattaya ,its just not cheap enough anymore to retire to LOS unless you have plenty o cash ,and thats PLENTY

and try living in the sticks with nobody to converse with for just 1 week and then think of a year with few to talk with in english .

naked?

sounds like he took the wrong girl home this time, and she had a welcoming party

no and no.

Just because a deadbeat was found dead after living rough in Pattaya doesn't mean that retirement isn't cheap here.

Of course, tt depends on what your idea of "plenty" is but an income of 50,000 THB (about £1,000 or $1,600) per month will keep you very comfy in this country. Even if you haven't got that, there are plenty of options for every budget in terms of accommodation, food, drink, enetertainment and transportation that needn't leave one penniless.

Foreign guys who end up living rough on the street almost always have only themselves to blame.

Whether by virtue of an inability to regulate vices or just plain old failure to plan, it takes a great deal of stupidity and ineptitude to end up on the street here.......especially when the deck is so completely stacked in the farang's favor upon arrival.

• Like 2

no and no.

Just because a deadbeat was found dead after living rough in Pattaya doesn't mean that retirement isn't cheap here.

Of course, tt depends on what your idea of "plenty" is but an income of 50,000 THB (about £1,000 or $1,600) per month will keep you very comfy in this country. Even if you haven't got that, there are plenty of options for every budget in terms of accommodation, food, drink, enetertainment and transportation that needn't leave one penniless.

Foreign guys who end up living rough on the street almost always have only themselves to blame.

Whether by virtue of an inability to regulate vices or just plain old failure to plan, it takes a great deal of stupidity and ineptitude to end up on the street here.......especially when the deck is so completely stacked in the farang's favor upon arrival.

While he could have certainly been a man who came to thailand to drink and screw himself to death before he ran out of money, anywhere,

doesnt this sound more like the victim of a crime, regardless of how much money he may have had?

Indeed, he may have been robbed because he had money, not because he didnt

Actually if you like country life, setting yourself up with a nice house out in the sticks WITHOUT a Thai partner would be very smart. (Only leasing of course, never buy.)

Doesn't mean you have to live alone, just to keep yourself in control of the situation.

Just make sure to go looking for a partner from far away, you don't want to get involved in local dramas, nor live too near your SO's family.

IMO

But you don't talk about living single.

IMO

How old are you that you prefer living single?

I havent gotten to that phase yet, although, I may one day.

Is it not within the realm of peaceful co existence that a thai woman can be found, who isnt into drama?

I had the most relaxed calm kind girl I ever could have imagined, but do not believe we would have shared the same level of intimacy, had she been an outside interest, and, I am not even sure there would have been time for me, had I not committed to her,

just asking,

I am used to being in LTR's so it is my perspective only, not saying yours is wrong

living alone is easy,

too long just dont seem really,

quite the thing to do

Gregg Allman, Leave My Blues At Home

IMO

I don't even know what that means. I don't have a "girlfriend" or "wife", but I do have a house full of kids, a maid and a variable number of some girls that service me on a regular basis, most of whom live with me as well.

Is that single?

I was just responding to your statement, that to me sounded like "there's no reason to live in the countryside other than because your partner is from there".

i did not mention anything about living in a remote rural area. not in every country the big cities are polluted like Bangkok which "improves" your health (according to studies) equivalent to smoking 40-50 cigarettes a day. single young people can have all the fun living e.g. without pollution in the vicinity of Pattaya and can still reach all "fun" places or shop imported goods by driving 15-25 minutes to all important destinations.

IMO

How old are you that you prefer living single?

I havent gotten to that phase yet, although, I may one day.

Is it not within the realm of peaceful co existence that a thai woman can be found, who isnt into drama?

I had the most relaxed calm kind girl I ever could have imagined, but do not believe we would have shared the same level of intimacy, had she been an outside interest, and, I am not even sure there would have been time for me, had I not committed to her,

just asking,

I am used to being in LTR's so it is my perspective only, not saying yours is wrong

living alone is easy,

too long just dont seem really,

quite the thing to do

Gregg Allman, Leave My Blues At Home

You can of course still spend the night with a girl/woman now and then even if living single. But I would not like to have a Thai wife or girlfriend that lived in my apartment