would you recommend relocating to Thailand to friends back home?

willyumiii

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I havent ruled out thailand entirely, for all the reasons you mentioned.

6 months was a good amount of time for me, as I am commerce oriented, and I was always looking.

I have ruled out most of bangkok tho

to each his own, but personally i can't understand why people (who have a choice) live in Bangkok.
Where should they live then? In every country the big cities are very popular to live in. Especially among young people or single people. What single 25 year old person would like to sit alone in a house in an Isaan village. Or any other village in Thailand. It's Bangkok, CM or a couple of other large cities if you don't like to stay on an island

i did not mention anything about living in a remote rural area. not in every country the big cities are polluted like Bangkok which "improves" your health (according to studies) equivalent to smoking 40-50 cigarettes a day. single young people can have all the fun living e.g. without pollution in the vicinity of Pattaya and can still reach all "fun" places or shop imported goods by driving 15-25 minutes to all important destinations.

I love the way blokes like Naam quote "from studies" and then spin out rubbish. Check the net. A little city in China which is worlds most polluted( let you figure out city) ....studies have shown living in this city is equivalent to smoking one sixth of one cigarette a day. Bit different to 50.

Geez

Actually if you like country life, setting yourself up with a nice house out in the sticks WITHOUT a Thai partner would be very smart. (Only leasing of course, never buy.)

Doesn't mean you have to live alone, just to keep yourself in control of the situation.

Just make sure to go looking for a partner from far away, you don't want to get involved in local dramas, nor live too near your SO's family.

IMO

But you don't talk about living single.
I don't even know what that means. I don't have a "girlfriend" or "wife", but I do have a house full of kids, a maid and a variable number of some girls that service me on a regular basis, most of whom live with me as well.

Is that single?

I was just responding to your statement, that to me sounded like "there's no reason to live in the countryside other than because your partner is from there".

Someone who boasts in such to the content of this forum or out of reply to "girlfriends", "sex", "companionship", being single & unattached but stating happy with a house full of children, maids/girls/women (guessing, but leave the 'Michael Jackson' question open) living in the same house ("number of some girls that service me on a regular basis")...man, better keep all that to yourself in open conversations anywhere whether Thailand amongst foreigners or ...just anywhere West.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

In general ''NO'' ... for me personally, on the balance of things, it works here. But, I'm slightly more nomadic than most of the people I would 'friends'.

I'd advise people to come and look, maybe even to give it a try, but not to burn any bridges until they're sure .. actually, until they're SURE

In general ''NO'' ... for me personally, on the balance of things, it works here. But, I'm slightly more nomadic than most of the people I would 'friends'.

I'd advise people to come and look, maybe even to give it a try, but not to burn any bridges until they're sure .. actually, until they're SURE

Before yes but now certainly NO., I even advice friends not to come for the moment on holiday and better choose another destination.I feel a civil war is coming up when reading all kinds of war drums from the Reds. with daily bomb grenades and shootings and even cheering on Red stage when innocent children are killed in an attack . This is not Thailand land of smiles anymore .Thailand is sliding quickly down . I even think if situation really explode to move out A pity some people divide such a beautiful country

Before yes but now certainly NO., I even advice friends not to come for the moment on holiday and better choose another destination.I feel a civil war is coming up when reading all kinds of war drums from the Reds. with daily bomb grenades

and shootings and even cheering on Red stage when innocent children are killed in an attack . This is not Thailand land of smiles anymore .Thailand is sliding quickly down . I even think if situation really explode to move out A pity some people divide such a beautiful country

Someone who boasts in such to the content of this forum or out of reply to "girlfriends", "sex", "companionship", being single & unattached but stating happy with a house full of children, maids/girls/women (guessing, but leave the 'Michael Jackson' question open) living in the same house ("number of some girls that service me on a regular basis")...man, better keep all that to yourself in open conversations anywhere whether Thailand amongst foreigners or ...just anywhere West.

Do as I like speak as I like wherever I like won't I. . .

If I were doing anything wrong you can bet I'd keep quiet about it. But thanks for your concern.

Wyn, I have a few cracks at you but its a live/hate. Problem is a lot of your posts I view as sensible and aimed at helping OP. MY problem is with all the women and sex interests in your life I don't understand where you get time to post about 4000 in a couple of months. The shagging must be very brief

• Like 2

I just read and post faster than most, multi-tasking with other things going on in other windows.

The sexercise sessions I am actually slowing down in my old age, only 5-6 a week now and I do take my time, to the point that they try to complain about it. It takes a village. . .

Wyn get hands off old fella and back to keyboard. No one is interested or fooled by your imaginary world. Youngmen brag about sex means they get little . You remind

Me of them

or perhaps, it is like in the movie A Beautiful Mind,

they are all real,

just no one else can see them

If we can get back to the topic, I had to laugh when one of Stickman's mates rolled out his personal recommendation - Cambo - with the line that 'a beer costs a dollar and a woman twenty' : I guess if you've spent most of your adult life owning and running bars, it would seem like Heaven on earth to be able to give punters 'what they want' at such attractive prices. Personally, I want a whole lot more from life, and I didnt see anything on PP's dark and dusty streets that would keep me there. Horses for courses, but I was very happy to get back on the plane to BKK.

The difficulty lies in OP's request for a 'yes' or 'no' answer.

My opinion would depend on my friends circumstances, on what they value in life and how are they satisfied in their home country.

I very often invite my friends to come and visit at my place. Sometimes they do.

Luckily, I have smart friends who make their own decisions.

I hope I'm smart enough not to give any recommendations.

I recommended Thailand today,

After not seeing a friend heree for over year, I pull onto his driveway, to see him arguing with an old fella, obviously a homeowners board rep

As talk of grivances and lawsuits trued to fill my head,, I could feel the stress before I set foot on pavement

Once inside, I suggested, for eveyone's sake, to put 10k in cash in his pocket get to bangkok, and start with a soapy

stay a few weeks and learn som jai yin yin, travel to chaing mai, or south to puckhet if he wanted beaches.

Thailand would teach him, a thing or two, and that was before telling him at 58, he will never touch another female over 40

Edited by Scarpolo

Would not recommend to live here. Its politically unstable, you are always a temporary tourist (no matter how long you have lived here), its too hot, and dealing with the knickknack bullshit of daily life where the only answer to the problems is "this is Thailand!" and smile. I have been living here a while and its really put me off and I am ready to get out of here. It was fun for about a year, but now its time to grow back up and get a real job again and make about six times more money outside of Thailand.

Recommend for "vacation only" and keep the good memories of this place to one-two weeks a year vacation when its cold in our home country. At the end of the day this isn't our country and we don't really belong in it, in fact a lot of us look downright silly driving motorbikes in Issan, wearing rice hats, fisherman pants, etc... You are pretty much just a great big walking dollar sign to many of these people, and we justify it by telling ourselves "they are just trying to make a living" and no one is held accountable for the rampant lying, cheating and scamming going on.

Just because Thai's "think different" doesn't make it better, and this country is currently locked into a never-ending development status.

I didnt see any of this lying, cheating, and stealing.

What did I miss?

Thailand is not different than many other places, other than, there is an abundance of younger females who will go with us,

Thai Friendly is a good example of women who canno get on with thai's anymore, and are forced to seek farange's

This is an example of where their country is ultimately headed,

eventually, they will be forced to bring the barriers down as more foreigners stay.

as for me,

I didnt dig it enough to stay because my lifestyle in florida is way too easy, so thailand became a hardship to my psyche

it also helps to have ear plugs while in Thailand,

even the MRT had constant loud advertisements, as it was dropping its passengers into malls

im so over thai bashing. only lived here two years BUT. any bloke ripped off by maybe putting condo in gf name etc is just plain dumb.

been hua hin this last week with gf and a mate. sat on beach at reggeee bar every day and music joints at night. lovely. about to bok taxi back to bkk. for songkan. 1600 bath. to my lovely 6000baht room..on 19th fly to hcm for couple weeks. 3000baht return. mrs kim owns hotel lovely and charges me 450baht night.

stop moaning piss off back to usa or uk or whereever.

im so over thai bashing. only lived here two years BUT. any bloke ripped off by maybe putting condo in gf name etc is just plain dumb.

been hua hin this last week with gf and a mate. sat on beach at reggeee bar every day and music joints at night. lovely. about to bok taxi back to bkk. for songkan. 1600 bath. to my lovely 6000baht room..on 19th fly to hcm for couple weeks. 3000baht return. mrs kim owns hotel lovely and charges me 450baht night.

stop moaning piss off back to usa or uk or whereever.

those are some damn good rates