Washed bike, now it won't run

DavidMavec

Squirt a can of WD40 around all the electrical connections, from the battery to the engine. It will start.

Don't do or while the bike is running especially around the spark plug wire, if the insulation is poor and a spark goes through the spray, it will ignite and possibly burn your bike.

Sent from a Nuclear Submarine.

• Like 1

I'm the OP. I went back to the car wash place today after it had been sitting in the sun for several hours and it turned on and worked fine. I guess it just needed to dry out.

Weeeeeeeeell, thats what I posted.............................thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

I'm the OP. I went back to the car wash place today after it had been sitting in the sun for several hours and it turned on and worked fine. I guess it just needed to dry out.

Trans, that thing would even start with a dead battery. Once the cylinder is flooded with fuel, you'll have to dry the spark plug, clean the cap inside and outside under the rubber ( if there's water and you'll be good to go.

I made some troubleshooting for British and American cars, when shops didn't find the problems, working for Bosch, when I was young. Well., still young now.

My favorite ones were the American two computer controlled ones, the one behind the dash board, the other one in the engine room.

Then the right code coming from your Anti theft system. Quite amazing, still capable doing so. Cheers mate.-thumbsup.gif

I can thoroughly recommend never washing your bike. I haven't washed mine since I got it 7 months ago and it has never let me down.

Less chance of a filthy bike getting stolen too ,thieves are like magpies , look for new and shiny things

if its covered in dust you can park it under a bridge or outside a 7-11 and come back days later and it will still be there :)

• Like 1

I can thoroughly recommend never washing your bike. I haven't washed mine since I got it 7 months ago and it has never let me down.

When enough mud and dirt cakes up on it, it will fall off by itself. :lol:

When enough mud and dirt cakes up on it, it will fall off by itself. :lol:

Actually, when enough dust and crud gathers on it, the female security guard at my office gives it a wipe over while I'm at work (she must fancy me really.....) I usually buy her a bag of nuts to say thanks.....

• Like 1

When enough mud and dirt cakes up on it, it will fall off by itself. laugh.png

Actually, when enough dust and crud gathers on it, the female security guard at my office gives it a wipe over while I'm at work (she must fancy me really.....) I usually buy her a bag of nuts to say thanks.....

A bag of nuts might be a better idea than offering her your peanuts.-laugh.png

.........bloke down our way's got a large chopper and he cleans it twice a day, so his missus reccons...never had a problem...............

You do mean the bike, Dont you

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I am guessing water got in the engine but I don't really know about motorbikes so I am not sure.

Why bother commenting if you don't know about bikes????

I am guessing water got in the engine but I don't really know about motorbikes so I am not sure.

?? Which kind if answer is this? Did you felt compelled to answer?

Why did you 2 bother commenting if you didn't read who started the thread?whistling.gif

• Like 1