Some 1000 dog carcasses found in Sakhon Nakhon

webfact

Dog carcasses found in Sakhon Nakhon
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Police discovered some 1,000 dog carcasses in a wooded area in Sakhon Nakhon's Muang district yesterday afternoon.

This was in response to complaints that some people had been dropping off carcasses in the forest behind the Pa Kho village in tambon Tha Rae over the past three days, which was spreading a foul smell in the area.

At about 3pm, police went to investigate and spotted four men on two motorbikes carrying four sacks to drop in the forest, but they fled as soon as they saw the officers.

Upon inspection, police found that the carcasses had been skinned and move of the meat removed. It is believed that dog-meat traders, suffering from police crackdown - particularly the raid of two dog-skin tanneries, were trying get rid of the carcasses as to cover their wrongdoing.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-03-26

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wish there was a transmittable disease from eating dogs and cats. Then we could gather up the sick bastards and put THEM out of their misery!

There are transmittable diseases from eating dog meet.

Several recent outbreaks of cholera in Vietnam have been directly linked to the production and consumption of dog meat

Trichinella is a zoonotic parasite which causes trichinellosis in humans. In China, trichinellosis has become the most important food-borne parasitic zoonosis, and dog meat consumption has been correlated with eight outbreaks. Similarly in Thailand, the incidence of Trichinella larvae found in dog meat in the areas favouring consumption of the meat is considered to be an upcoming major public health problem.

• Like 2

It should not take the RTP long to find a dog killing/locker plant, capable of the volume mentioned (1000 dogs) that is close enough to the dump site that its a motor bike ride away. The again, if you can not catch potential wrong doers who show up at your investigation site, it might be time to chase a different type law breaker. Motorcycle theft gangs???

Trying to read and comprehend the last sentence has given me headache. I need a cup of tea.

If you really cannot understand the easily comprehensible last sentence you need much more help than a cup of tea can provide.

• Like 1

Wish there was a transmittable disease from eating dogs and cats. Then we could gather up the sick bastards and put THEM out of their misery!

There is.

A few years ago a number of Thai's became ill after eating dog meat.

The dogs had Rabies

whistling.gif

Strike 1 for the poor old mutts clap2.gif

Apologies to dog lovers but it is good news that 1000 dogs have been removed from the environment. That's about 2000 less turds per day lying around in the streets and putting e coli and other pollutants into the waterways. It is the same with cats. They do endless harm to the environment, especially when they go and kill millions of small animals and birds every day.

One study done in Australia on feral cats revealed that the stomach contents of one trapped cat contained 14 small lizards, birds and small marsupials that had been eaten during the 3 days prior to being caught. That is almost 5 small native animals per day.

Yes, cats especially can be hard on the natural environment, however there are ways to reduce the population without subjecting them to torture before killing and being skinned alive. Educating the public as they successfully did concerning birth control a few decades ago as well as spay and neutering the animals as the soi dog foundations do etc. We have to remember this is the fault of the human population and not the dogs or cats.

• Like 2

It's well known some people in Sakhon Nakhon eat dog. In other areas too.

My missus as a kid was fed dog. She was told it was pork. After eating her uncle told her it was dog.

She says for weeks after eating it she couldnt walk past a dog without it growling at her.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I tried BBQ dog when I was in Hanoi last year. It was the end of the lunar month so an auspicious day and there were dog restaurants everywhere.

The only after effect was when I went to take a piss my right leg automatically lifted up in the air.

What do ladyboys do?

it's sad. Why they did not sell them to Vietnam when they were alive still??

They do and the unfortunate animals suffer horribly. If you have the stomach for it watch this 15 minute video on YouTube:

Sent from my very clever thingy that uses battery far too quickly

Edited by bushman1666

The stray dogs down along the river bank here dig up the nests of the bee eaters and kingfisher that nest in holes in the sand banks and destroy the nests of other ground nesting birds. These mongrels continue to breed and increase in number and will bark at and threaten anyone who goes near them. A real menace.

As for cats, wild or otherwise, they don't just kill to eat they kill, leave what they have killed and kill again, they can kill many small birds and animals in one night.

How many of you with a cat have had it bring home a bird or other animal to show off ? probably most.

• Like 2

The wife is from Sakhon Nakhon. She tells that me in Sakhon Nakhon province there are Vietnamese immigrant communities (from the 70’s war). I’ve seen large catholic churches there which she tells me are for the Vietnamese immigrant communities. She also tells me that Thais are not the ones consuming dogs there but it is the Vietnamese immigrant communities. I have no idea if she is correct or not. Anybody agree or disagree with her theory?

Edited by metisdead
Tiny font reset to normal.

The wife is from Sakhon Nakhon. She tells that me in Sakhon Nakhon province there are Vietnamese immigrant communities (from the 70’s war). I’ve seen large catholic churches there which she tells me are for the Vietnamese immigrant communities. She also tells me that Thais are not the ones consuming dogs there but it is the Vietnamese immigrant communities. I have no idea if she is correct or not. Anybody agree or disagree with her theory?

Its plausible but I worked with a lad from Sakhon Nakhon. He showed me pictures of them skinning a dog.

People from Sakhon Nakhon get wound up about eating dog by other thais and dont like it.

Maybe thats why she fed you that story.

Keeps the dog population down at the same time.

It's well known some people in Sakhon Nakhon eat dog. In other areas too.

My missus as a kid was fed dog. She was told it was pork. After eating her uncle told her it was dog.

She says for weeks after eating it she couldnt walk past a dog without it growling at her.

i've seen some men in the area eating dog meat.later they were seen marking their territory!cheesy.gifclap2.gifwai2.gif

On meeting any Thai from Sakhon Nakhon I always ask 'kin mar bor?'

Our area is not a dog eating area, though our dogs are aggressive to some people and passive to others for no apparent reason. The wife reckons the dogs behavior is due to a persons past eating habits.

We used to have dog catchers that would trawl the villages for unwanted animals which were exchanged for a bucket. The dogs were massed into the cage on the back of a ute for transport to guess where - SAKHON NAKHON

Trying to read and comprehend the last sentence has given me headache. I need a cup of tea.

Logical thinking should be a prerequisite for journalistic writing.

Not the police discovered the carcasses, but the local who then told the police about them. coffee1.gif