Petition of Alaska joining Russia polls over 25,000 votes

webfact

Petition of Alaska joining Russia polls over 25,000 votes

The petition of Alaska joining Russia posted on the White House’s website on 21 March has polled over 25,000 votes in its support. For the US authorities to formally respond to the petition this appeal should win at least 100,000 supporters by 20 April.

The petition urges Alaska to separate from the US and join Russia. The message points out that residents of Siberia got across the Bering Straits to Alaska in ancient times.

You will recall Russian Ambassador to the European Union Vladimir Chizhov’s joke that Senator McCain should watch over Alaska. This happened on 22 March during the BBC’s Andrew Marr Show where the key issue was the crisis in the Ukraine.

al1.jpg

Screenshot: https://petitions.whitehouse.gov

Full story: http://voiceofrussia.com/news/2014_03_26/Petition-of-Alaska-joining-Russia-polls-over-24-000-votes-5688/

-- THE VOICE OF RUSSIA 2014-03-26

OK, I'll play. Let's assume that this is to taken seriously. (Yeah right)

Posted by Voice of Russia (VoR). Should read: State Propaganda Apparat of Russia.

I had expected the kind of petitions to be written by an American. The English in this text is horrible.

What is their case? Some Russians were there in the 18th century? So what?

The US purchased Alaska for USD 7.2million in 1867. What's their beef? They want it back because they were "tricked" into selling it?

It was the Romanov gov't that sold it?

Oh and sure the fat cats in DC are shaking in their shoes... Yeah, from laughing their asses off.

Hey...Let's recreate the Austrian Hungarian Empire...or the British empire... Let's get a petition to recreate the USSR or the Myan Empire... Absurd beyond belief! Should we get a petition for the Assyrians as well? Perhaps the Italians will want to recreate the Roman Empire, but then they'd be upstaged by those who want Alexander's empire.

I can't believe the stupidity...

• Like 1

I'm afraid this is going to be harder than in Crimea in so many ways.

Geographically - Crimea is virtually an island connected to land by a very thin umbilical cord.

Economically - Alaska people will not be satisfied with the Russian standards of living granted from Moscow.

Legally - Alaska wasn't gifted away by a mad Politburo but sold by a legitimate Government in due time.

Politically - it would be hard to win minds and hearts of free people of Alaska when half of population of Far East is dreaming of cessation.

Ethnically - there are no Russians in Alaska. I wonder where did the 25,000 petitioners come from? Not even Alaskan indigenous Indians would sign it for free Russian vodka - the only currency in Siberia.

Pigs fly. UFOs drop out of the skies. Russians are coming. Boeing's keep disappearing mysteriously. Merkel and Obama are world peace champs. Putin is Hitler one day and Stalin the next. Any more fish? coffee1.gif

Recalling the underwear shortages in Moscows GUM store I suspect Russian shills have been misled into voting for

FREE ELASTIC

The Gnomic response

Sarah Palin's incredulity is intangible ,but you can see it from here.Never underestimate how well meaning but poorly educated Americans are.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRkWebP2Q0Y

Edited by RubbaJohnny

Hey...Let's recreate the Austrian Hungarian Empire...or the British empire... Let's get a petition to recreate the USSR or the Myan Empire... Absurd beyond belief! Should we get a petition for the Assyrians as well? Perhaps the Italians will want to recreate the Roman Empire, but then they'd be upstaged by those who want Alexander's empire.

I can't believe the stupidity...

Just goes to show what I know.

I thought the yanks were still trying to be a part of the British empire.

Recalling the underwear shortages in Moscows GUM store I suspect Russian shills have been misled into voting for

FREE ELASTIC

The Gnomic response

Sarah Palin's incredulity is intangible ,but you can see it from here.Never underestimate how well meaning but poorly educated Americans are.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRkWebP2Q0Y

Sarah was right.

One can actually see part of Russia from part of Alaska. It might not be only some Americans that are poorly educted.

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/explainer/2008/09/can_you_really_see_russia_from_alaska.html

What I heard from a couple of Russians is that they want to annex Pattaya, Phuket and Koh Samui too.

They are talking already about having a referendum pretty soon under the Russians living there. They say, even the Thais would be better of when Russia rules / controls them.

Edited by FredNL
  • Like 1

...and if we could get California to petition to rejoin Mexico, we could get rid of 7,854.285 Obama voters.thumbsup.gif

...or you could get rid of the whole south so that the rest of the US could enter the 21st century (you know, intelligent design and all that cr@P).

• Like 2

I not for allowing Alaska to join Russia, but I am in favor of those 25,000 being allowed to go to Russia, since they seem to want to be part of Russia.

Guantanamo belongs to Cuba. It's leased to the US. Nothing to return, really.

OK, I'll play. Let's assume that this is to taken seriously. (Yeah right)

Posted by Voice of Russia (VoR). Should read: State Propaganda Apparat of Russia.

I had expected the kind of petitions to be written by an American. The English in this text is horrible.

What is their case? Some Russians were there in the 18th century? So what?

The US purchased Alaska for USD 7.2million in 1867. What's their beef? They want it back because they were "tricked" into selling it?

It was the Romanov gov't that sold it?

Oh and sure the fat cats in DC are shaking in their shoes... Yeah, from laughing their asses off.

It's Russias first step in claiming the USA and Canada and maybe South America as the American Indian tribes entered the Continent via the Bering Straits from Russia, didn't they??. This could start a land grab....New Guneau claiming Australia as the Aboriginals moved across the land Bridge that existed 50-60,000 years ago.

There are a lot of Crazies out there !!