older/vintage motorbikes

willfreeman

'Burning' - over Nat Korn Ping bridge on the left (heading to bus station) - specialize in re-built SR400 -500 and assortment of other early 90' retro-style Jap bikes....usually with no 'green-book', 30-50,000 baht

As I recall 2 more bike shops on the other side of the same bridge, heading to the Prince Hotel.

I own a 92' Yamaha SRV250, I paid 29,000(not running) put another 30,000 of parts and made a nice re-build project out of it.

Good Luck - Cheers

You could try Ray's if it is still operating (has been about two years since I went there and may have closed or moved on) was in Changphuak.

He had some really really old stuff as in 50 years old when I was there last (had a great BSA and Norton when I was there) Have a look at the photos on his web site..is this what you mean?

Web page is still up at

http://www.dreambikes.8k.com/

Edited by mamborobert

yeah looking for real motorbike not scooters, older 100-125cc, just something to putter around on that has style. Ill have a look at rays its just around the corner but his stuff looks like bigger money than i want to spend, but he has nice bikes there.

You might be better of going to a market sale then and picking up a cheap rice burner. If you do not want to lay out much money at least with a Jap bike it's easier to get parts whereas with something a bit more exotic/expensive you will usually have to order in. I'd also be careful of some of the customized cool and stylish bikes going cheap. Lots have no books and hence unregistered. Getting a bastardised chopper registered here can be expensive and traumatic...hence they have no registration

• Like 1

Afraid i will not be much help but there was a Thai guy who had a shop come cafe almost opposite the Three King Monument.

He had some Nortons/Triumph/BSA from late 60's early 70's.

Decent bloke spoke good English and was a Biker, loved his bikes.

He moved on some years ago and I never knew to where he went, but I will suggest he must still be around.

john

Can swear I have seen that 1940's BSA in a garage in town.

Thaiscooter is the best place to search. Thai language ads only. Regularly there are 40's, 50's, 60's Triumph. BSA, Royal Enfield, BMW, MZ, Harley etc. etc. I have seen little for sale in the north, but there are a couple of restorers who usually have something for sale

• Like 1

An interesting nugget of information for those interested in vintage bikes.

I was visiting my friendly local Royal Enfield dealer in Dubai recently.

He said he had recently attended a meeting in Bangkok,

where Royal Enfield were negotiating to take over an already existing motorbike factory.

The plan is to build the new Classic 500 there to supply SE Asia.

I for one hope they succeed so I can get myself one here at a reasonable price.

Willfreeman.

So are you looking for something like a jx110, cg125, gl100 etc that you can cafe up? I know you can fit a lifan 200cc in all of these bikes, would love to see someone try to fit a carbed CBR150 into one.

http://www.cm-club.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27&s=803b5782062f061427f3569619d9ebb1 is where you want to be looking.

And mods I am linking to the classifieds not the chat forums.

Cm-club, use google translate it works well enough

• Like 1

Where is Oldies Bar? I went looking for it today and nothing with that name is easy to see near the boat cruise place. Is it between the traffic lights and boat cruise? I saw a 1960 Triumph Cub at a shop around the corner from US Consulate. On Tai Wang Rd. across from art gallery. 'Farang' priced at 170K is way too expensive. I know of a nice looking Yamaha SR 400 for 40,000, but no book.

Willfreeman.

So are you looking for something like a jx110, cg125, gl100 etc that you can cafe up? I know you can fit a lifan 200cc in all of these bikes, would love to see someone try to fit a carbed CBR150 into one.

http://www.cm-club.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27&s=803b5782062f061427f3569619d9ebb1 is where you want to be looking.

And mods I am linking to the classifieds not the chat forums.

Cm-club, use google translate it works well enough

yeah thats what i was thinking, perhaps vintage isnt the appropriate term though. Picked up a tired yamaha 100cc 1978, teaching myself to ride a geared motorcycle on it. Has some issues with the lights i need to get looked at, or might just sell it and look for something a little neater and maybe get some mods done on that, im not very mechanically minded tho, thanks for the info, starting to see them around now that ive already bought something, found a place out near the train station that had a few honda jx and gl out the front.

• 2 weeks later...

Which models specifically? For example I can tell you where there are shops specializing in the Vespa scooters, or the old Honda 50 / 70 Super Cub. Or are we talking real motorcycles?

Hi,

I'm looking for old Super Cubs if you could tell me where the shops are for those please?

And does anyone where there's a good classic bike market also?

Thanks

• 5 months later...