• Topics

• Latest posts...

1. 51

Bangkok Suffers Severe Smog as PM2.5 Levels Soar Amidst Heat Wave

2. 87

Why is Russia such a cesspool?

3. 95

Form 7162 Anybody Received Theirs Yet for 2024?

4. 0

Has my sex tourist friend found a loop hole?

5. 2,667

ICE vs EV, the debate thread

6. 68

Thai Hostages Still Missing a Year After Hamas Attack

7. 563

White Culture

8. 0

Florida Law Enforcement trying to protect the innocent,ain’t easy!

9. 87

Why is Russia such a cesspool?

10. 34

Tm47 online submission "rejected"

11. 19

Will White Women Shift Away from Republicans to Support Kamala Harris in 2024?

12. 17

Maximum Baht I can take out of Tland as cash

13. 17

Maximum Baht I can take out of Tland as cash

14. 125

Trump chickens out again.

Any recent reports from U.S.A. banks via ACH transfer to Bangkok Bank New York?

OK. Fine. I've had the experience. I've heard it from others. I am just WARNING others that it may happen with your U.S. bank and to make sure they learn about that BEFORE they NEED to transfer in a large amount by ACH in a short period of time.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

I have been trying to transfer funds from my US bank (a credit union) to my Bangkok Bank account here in Chiangmai using the ACH system. It is not working for me! I have followed all the instructions on the BB website and used the correct routing number and my account number here. The information is accepted by the ACH system and does show that it is routing to the NY branch of BB and it reports that it sent the "test deposit and withdrawls". BUT that is where the problem starts: the deposit/withdrawls do NOT show up in my BB account here and the ACH system will NOT let me let me proceed with the actual transfer until I verify my account with those deposit and withdrawl numbers. I have Bualuang ibanking and I have gone to the branch office in CM and they said they have not recieved any transfers?? And now that I have accessed the ACH transfer system in my US bank too many times trying to sort this out they have locked me out for 5 business days. I have transfered money successfully into my BB account here when I was in the US using the swift system (and paying large fees) and also from here in CM via telephones but it was such a hassle with the time differences. I'm really frustrated because I can see from this forum that many farangs have used the ACH systems to avoid those high fees and I can't get it accomplished. Any advise/suggestions would really be appreciated. Thanks in advance...:)

Your first problem is thinking that it is a two way street. It is not, it is only one way. You can only receive funds via the NY branch to your Thai Bangkok Bank account. You cannot transfer funds back to your credit union

I don't know what your problem is since most TV members have and are using the system flawlessly. Since those of us have mostly been successful I would trace the problem back to your credit union

If you are having trouble verifying your "test" deposits I would sign up for BB SMS notification service which will notify you of the exact amount of the test deposit. No worries about exchange rates or when the money arrives

Unless something has changed, any attempt by the sending bank to initiate a withdrawal of the deposit amount that is sometimes common with ACH test deposit, the withdrawal will be rejected. You will end up with two small deposits of 1 to 99 cents in your Bangkok Bank account. Normally this is not an issue with the Sending bank/credit union in the ACH withdrawal of the test deposits being rejected in setting up your account...that is, entering the test deposit amounts to complete the verification. I know I sure hasn't for me over the years when my U.S. sending bank said they would send two deposits which will also be withdrawn. But with my experience over the years between banks and credit unions, credit unions unless a really large one like the Pentagon Federal Credit Union, Navy Federal Credit Union, etc., tend to be pretty picky about transfers.

As long as you are indeed using the correct Bangkok Bank routing number of 026008691 and your in-Thailand Bangkok Bank account number I'm just wondering if the test amounts were actually transmitted by your credit union although their system may indicate they have. You might need to call your credit union for them to look into their system to see if they show actual transmission or some rejection/error code. Your credit union may be the problem.

Years back when was with Bank of America "Military" before it was merged into the regular, current Bank of America they used an online form to send an ACH transfer just like they did for a SWIFT transfer. "Twice", repeat, twice when I did an ACH transfer to my Bangkok Bank account BOA Military manually changed the routing number to a SWIFT code and transmitted it...and charged me the significantly higher SWIFT fee. I got them on the horn and said why in the heck did you do that? They didn't have a good answer and refunded the SWIFT fee. Strange but true.

Anyway, I've done a lot of ACH transfers to my Bangkok Bank accounts over the years...no problems to include the ACH test transfers/transfer link setting up. And plenty of U.S. folks have their pensions going ACH to their Bangkok Bank accounts. Give your credit union a call.

Thanks for the input. I suspect the problem is with my credit union( a small local one) in the US. It looks as if I will have to call them. But from past experience with them I expect they will tell me to use the swift system so they can charge me their higher fees.....argh!

Listen to what Pib told you. The most likely reason for the rejection was because the credit union wanted their test deposits back and since the system is designed for one way they couldn't get their money back so they automatically assumed that the information you gave them was incorrect

As far as your credit union is concerned it is a local transaction, not an international one since you are using a US Routing number so there is no reason for them to insist that you use SWIFT, if they do, change credit unions. If they are federally chartered then they must use the EFTS system to clear checks and other transactions